Tuning the Spring Focus

Lushen

1 hour ago, SaMaster14 said:

Here's my 'final' Xander at Lv. 40:

5E89CADE-0253-47B8-AB4F-DD6592388E56.png

Other skills aside, are you sure about keeping Live for Honor as his final B-skill? I don't imagine it'll be very useful (as in not at all) in Arena, assuming he'll be your bonus unit. 

26 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Other skills aside, are you sure about keeping Live for Honor as his final B-skill? I don't imagine it'll be very useful (as in not at all) in Arena, assuming he'll be your bonus unit. 

I may change it, but I don't have a unit to give him a new skill right now.

I only use 'inherit skill' when I have an extra unit to dispose of; so there is definitely a possibility I'll change it in the future!

Was feeling a little experimental and put fury 3 on Xander (realized the real Xander won't come till may so I should have time to get another Hinata for him if need be).  As we suspected, he becomes a weaker Eldigan with the notable exception of being able to double more often.  I still prefer Eldigan, but Xander can sub if I need blue units over red units (right now I have 3 other horse blues so yea).  Threaten speed or threaten def would probably be best on him for slot C.  Maybe a breaker on B?  He's not really having any issues against one particular type though so not sure.  Weapon seems fine with fury.  Makes him last longer than eldigan sometimes.  Swap is not the best assist skill imo but not sure what would be better.  Reciprocal Aid? Any generic "do extra damage" in low amount of turns is the way to go with his special.

Total BST with fury 3 is 179, pretty good. 

EDIT:  Renewall is also an option.

Edited by Lushen

I'm digging the Gronnraven + Triangle Adept combo idea for Camilla. I'm enough of a Camilla fan that I think I can stomach upgrading a Celica to sacrifice for her. Gronnblade+ seems damn nice on her too, especially since I already run Erika/Tharja as my usual team core, so she'd fit right in with that. Both seem like really awesome options, but I think the Gronnraven build sounds a little better for the added durability against blues/archers while still nuking them. 

I'll probably go for G Tomebreaker too for the sake of Nino/Julia. If Tharja's not in Desperation range sometimes she struggles to oneshot them safely. I think I like the Quick Riposte suggestion more for general use, but promoting Subaki to 5* in addition to Celica unless I roll him this banner is too rich for my blood. (and using a level 2 of it from a 4* will bother me..)

How about that C skill, though? Threaten Speed to potentially not get doubled as often? Everything else but that or maybe Threaten Res seems kinda meh.

Edited by Alkaid

9 hours ago, Alkaid said:

How about that C skill, though? Threaten Speed to potentially not get doubled as often? Everything else but that or maybe Threaten Res seems kinda meh.

Ward/Hone/Fortify/Goad are the most logical if you're running other fliers.  Otherwise as you said it gets tricky.  Since she's tanky Threaten Speed is somewhat tempting.  It would very useful in normal play, and possibly useful in the arena allowing her to double some melee that go after her the next round.

Thinking about it its tricky though.  Which is why I noted Quick Riposte would be good on her.  Her speeds so low she'll frequently get doubled and be unable to return the favor.  And for some of the dragon targets and other fast melee and mages -5 speed will only be enough for her to get a single shot off back.  

She might be a good candidate for -Res given her bulk.  But bulk has its limits when your speed is really bad.  Which is probably why they gave her Defiant speed (but Triangle adept is just better IMO)

2 hours ago, Katrisa said:

Ward/Hone/Fortify/Goad are the most logical if you're running other fliers.  Otherwise as you said it gets tricky.  Since she's tanky Threaten Speed is somewhat tempting.  It would very useful in normal play, and possibly useful in the arena allowing her to double some melee that go after her the next round.

Thinking about it its tricky though.  Which is why I noted Quick Riposte would be good on her.  Her speeds so low she'll frequently get doubled and be unable to return the favor.  And for some of the dragon targets and other fast melee and mages -5 speed will only be enough for her to get a single shot off back.  

She might be a good candidate for -Res given her bulk.  But bulk has its limits when your speed is really bad.  Which is probably why they gave her Defiant speed (but Triangle adept is just better IMO)

Threaten Speed's idea wouldn't be to expect to get a double attack out of it, but mainly prevent her from getting doubled herself. Anything 34 speed and under would no longer double her after being affected by it. She's bulky enough to take a single hit from a good number of things, but not eat getting doubled. Meanwhile she has to rely on killing in a single big hit from weapon and triangle advantage stacked in her favor, which Threaten Res might help secure on a few things.

Neither really wow me still, but the C slot's not offering anything else that stands out on her like Triangle Adept in the A slot does, so it's more of just picking something reasonably decent.

I do still like your Quick Riposte idea to bait and wipe out some things, but I'll probably go with the more budget G Tome Breaker for now. If Tharja's res didn't suck I'd be more comfortable letting her deal with green tomes herself, but she could use a hand with Nino and Julia.

And a flier team would be fun, but only if I get a Hinoka this week to put on it too. Pray I get her along with Cordelia.

Edited by Alkaid

19 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Threaten Speed's idea wouldn't be to expect to get a double attack out of it, but mainly prevent her from getting doubled herself. Anything 34 speed and under would no longer double her after being affected by it.

Oh you know I hadn't though of the fact that when you have threaten you will bait things into your 2 space aura... I haven't used threaten much.  But you're right it would likely increase her durability even more and increase her odds of doubling or reduce the chance of her getting doubled on follow up counter attacks.

From that perspective Camilla might be a good candidate for Gronnraven, Triangle Adept, Seal attack, Seal Speed.  In which case she basically would be a bully capable of tank kiting a wide array of units in the game till they're dead.  

You're right though C slots are mostly team defining unless your speed/defense/attack are high enough for some defining oneshot kill.  According to my calculations neural Camilla with Graonnraven+ and Traingle Adept is going to hit for 64 damage against blue and grey units.  Glancing at blue units combined HP and RES she's going to come very close to oneshotting many.  So with Threaten Res, she'll oneshot most blues (unless they're stacked +10).  And any she doesn't oneshot are a non threat for followup attacks.  

So personally my C slot will likely be either Threaten Res (to increase her ability to further torch blues) or one of the flier buff skills.

Since I can't draw a spare Henry to save my life, but have two Subakis, I think I'll go with the Quick Riposte idea for now.  I kinda want G Tomebreaker to shut down Nino, but eh.  I can also inherit Swap, which I think will help my team far more than Rally Attack.

C slot's most likely gonna be Hone Speed, because she'll be run alongside a -Spd Lucina (I take what I get).  Definitely running Jakob here, and the final unit is up in the air - I adore Olivia, but I really need the blue coverage.  Perhaps this is where Effie gets to shine (which means I need to give Lucina a bit more SP so she can learn Shove).

So, thanks to some ridiculous luck, I got a Hinoka... and still no Caeda despite spending around 100 orbs on the focus banner. I guess I can't complain, but when I said my luck was ridiculous, I didn't mean that in only a positive sense.

I guess it's still worth going with the Gronnblade plan, though? That's still a pretty ridiculous amount of attack with Hone Fliers, even if she won't be able to one-shot many red characters.

I just want to say that I used what SP I could and had just enough to get Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept 3 on her for right now. She helped me absolutely tear through arena. Takumi and anything else colorless was nothing. One enemy team had a Linde and Takumi on it. It was that map with the 1 space pillars in the middle and 1 space water tiles on each side. I threw up up forward on the second turn, with Eirika to buff her. She easily baited and wiped out Linde and Takumi in the same turn. She didn't even need the buffs to do it since she overkilled both and had over 1/3 HP left.

So yeah, really digging the Gronnraven+ with Triangle Adept route. I think I'll be going for Threaten Speed just since I decided to put Threaten Res on Tharja instead now, and that'd be a bit more diverse debuffing for my team(plus I don't have another Nowi to sack right now anyway). It'll be a while before I get the SP to add another full skill, so I'll still have time to think about what the B skill should be. Again, I'd probably just go for the Quick Riposte idea if I had the feathers to spare. If she'd had that in the Navarre GHB she would have probably killed both of the ninjas by herself, but she left them with 4 HP each as it was(she still greatly helped winning though). Didn't get to see how a matchup with Nino/Julia would work out since I ran into one Julia and Tharja just blew her away before Camilla was in range to check damage. Maybe I was worrying about her and Nino too much..

Edit: And if you're going to have flier buffs on her with a flier team, I can only imagine how much of a monster that'll make her.

Edited by Alkaid

Here is my -spd Xander. Without a cavalry team he sucks, but at least he increased my score nicely.

It seems Brash Assault is a big mistake since he doesnt need to be that offensive. He really should have got breaker or quick reposte to tank better. 

IMG_1995.PNG

Just saw someone using a sp!Camilla with Renewall 3, Noontime, and Green egg.  I guess s/he really didn't want his/her Camilla to die..

It seems pretty effective, though.  I still think Takumi killer Camilla is better, however.

Edited by Lushen