The identity of Masked Knight

Except Echoes takes place more than 2000 years before Awakening/Fates, so it can't be Gerome. He is a redhead, so he could be Jerome and the mask could be because his face got punched off.

It could be a surviving member of the Zofian Royal Family. A lot of people are speculating brother or cousin, but another possibility is that he's her uncle on her mother's side. He does seem older than Celica and could be her mom's younger brother without much of a stretch in terms of physical appearance. Also, I do not know how it works in Fire Emblem, but in real life red hair is a recessive gene and needs to be on both sides of the family, so this guy could very well be related on the mom's side, not the dad's.

Edited by vanguard333

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Except Echoes takes place more than 2000 years before Awakening/Fates, so it can't be Gerome. He is a redhead, so he could be Jerome and the mask could be because his face got punched off.

It could be a surviving member of the Zofian Royal Family. A lot of people are speculating brother or cousin, but another possibility is that he's her uncle on her mother's side. He does seem older than Celica and could be her mom's younger brother without much of a stretch in terms of physical appearance. Also, I do not know how it works in Fire Emblem, but in real life red hair is a recessive gene and needs to be on both sides of the family, so this guy could very well be related on the mom's side, not the dad's.

Ignoring that time travel and dimension hopping were key to Awakening and to an extent, Fates, I don't really see how that negates it. Hell, I'm one of those people that would actually be kind of interested in having some side content that deals with Walhart interacting with Alm and Celica, and THAT'S not going to happen with Out/Deeprealm shenanigans. Like I said, it's not the outcome I'd prefer, just one I'm keeping open...

He is probably related to Celica. 

I wonder how he survived though. I guess that if he is her brother, it could be possible for him to be her twin brother and both were maybe seperated at birth.
If he is a much older brother/cousin/uncle, maybe he was believed to be dead on the battlefield like 

Spoiler

Renning and Camus/Sirius

which could be why he wears a mask.

Since

Spoiler

Celica's mother died after she gave birth to her,

he could also be her half-brother.
I wonder if their similar armors are supposed to be royal armors or armors for Mila's followers.

19 hours ago, Azz said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is fairly accurate. Though I do think it;s more along the lines of 'If you value your life' or something like that, but they are pretty much the same :P.

Looking more at the Masked Knight, I definitely can't see him as Celica's future child cause he doesn't look enough like Alm IMO (I mean, he would probably have more of a combination of Alm and Celica's hair colours). But I can see him maybe being an outcast bastard child since King Lima did seem to have a lot of women around him and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a child or two with a few of them especially considering...

Hide contents

Celica's mother died soon after giving birth to her.

Maybe there is possibly a similar thing like with Garon and concubines going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got an another concubine war with the King of Zofia since he

Spoiler

forced Celica's mother to marry him and got Celica with her so he probably did the same or something similar with other women. Though I guess the dancers we saw with him, don't seem to mind much.

6 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

The Masked Knight is clearly Lukas

If he's his father from the past, or Marth in disguise, it would be hilarious.

I seriously hope that he is not an another time/dimension traveling child, his dad from the past or disguised Marth, that would be ridiculous lol.

I just don't want these new relatives to detract from Alm and Celica. I'd rather do without them than see them steal the spotlight.

And please, no trying to do another Fates parallel shenanigan by pitting these two new relatives against each other a la Xander and Ryoma.