The New Moderator

Jyosua

Wist has been chosen to replace Metal Arc. I trust that you will treat him with the same respect you treat the other staff and I with. I feel he will do a good job as a moderator, mostly because he has a cool head on his shoulders, and is quite eloquent in speaking. I have never seen him so much as hint at annoyance towards another member, and that is an admirable feature.

Welcome to the team, Wist.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on like 10 minutes ago.

I know my opinion doesn't matter too much, but Wist doesn't seem that active to me.

I mean, he seems reliable and smart enough to be a mod, but will he be around?

Thank you for the warm congratulations, I will do my best to be as fair and realistically forgiving as is expected of me.

I know my opinion doesn't matter too much, but Wist doesn't seem that active to me.

I mean, he seems reliable and smart enough to be a mod, but will he be around?

I will probably not be around during mid-terms and finals, but recently I've been visiting this forum on more days than I not. Now that I'll be expected to be keep an ear out, I shouldn't have much trouble coming here at least once a day. If you find yourself still believing I'm not on-line frequently enough, don't hesitate to let me know; just make sure to keep in mind that I don't make a post every day I visit.

Thank you for the warm congratulations, I will do my best to be as fair and realistically forgiving as is expected of me.

I will probably not be around during mid-terms and finals, but recently I've been visiting this forum on more days than I not. Now that I'll be expected to be keep an ear out, I shouldn't have much trouble coming here at least once a day. If you find yourself still believing I'm not on-line frequently enough, don't hesitate to let me know; just make sure to keep in mind that I don't make a post every day I visit.

Other than my worry that you might not be on enough, I think you'll make a great mod. And I'm pretty sure that because you're a mod, you'll be on more often.

So you have my seal of approval. Take it for what it's worth.

Also, Congrats. ^_^

Edited by Lloyd Irving

Some time, the job of a moderator is to be that of an observer.

Now that I've got more time to respond, I'll just say this:

Well done. I've known you for a good while now, particlarly in the anime department (Kanon fucking rules), and I believe you, more than myself, Fireman, Arc, or anyone, deserves this position. It's a really great thing to be, a moderator of such an enjoyable forum. I'm envious of course, being a regular, level-headed member myself, but I believe that you deserve it more than anyone. Heh... I need sleep, I've had one too many... Good night.

No offense, but after recent comments from him and the general current nature of the board, your choice seems, to me, to send the wrong message.

I just hope that the line hasn't suddenly changed it's place drastically. And if it does without that being the intention, I also hope you can do the write thing.

But at the end of the day, a revolving Mod Squad is not preferred, so I hope he meshes well.

No offense, but after recent comments from him and the general current nature of the board, your choice seems, to me, to send the wrong message.

I just hope that the line hasn't suddenly changed it's place drastically. And if it does without that being the intention, I also hope you can do the write thing.

But at the end of the day, a revolving Mod Squad is not preferred, so I hope he meshes well.

...Eh? Wist is fucking amazing. I'd physically hug him right now if I could. I've known him for months, practically since the forest forum was (re)born.

...Eh? Wist is fucking amazing. I'd physically hug him right now if I could. I've known him for months, practically since the forest forum was (re)born.

It's not that. Though I would point out that I've been here less than a month, so knowing users on a personal level is out.

Yet, still. He takes out a mod who is a bit corrupted, a rule breaker, and who often stands by and watches a flame war for a guy who recently stated in a topic that it's not the mods job to mediate arguments. Now I'm not stupid. He won't use that statement to become EL DICTATO! And I know it's not the message Jyo was going for.

But I'm also not stupid enough to see the entire picture there, and to see why that could look iffy.

And at the end of the day, I'm ultimately overthinking everying and I could never jump on the bandwagon and greet him with open arms. That's how ceaser died.

Edited by bunny

It was a serious point he made, and it really wasn't an act against the guy. Like I said. I don't know him and I don't do anything wrong. I have little care over who is and who isn't a mod.

But if/when Jyo read my posts, he'll know exactly what I'm referring to. Wist too, really. I just want their comments on the issue, is all, really. Consider it mild trolling at worst if you will. It's always intriguing to see what Admins and Mods think of their own actions, after all. If this is indeed the message he's going for, then I'll make a note and be done with it. If not, I just have an interest in getting to know the. . . new guy, I guess.

Also consider that I've been awake for longer than most normal people. Not a great excuse, but that's the reason I'm shaking as I type. Not because I'm scared of posting my opinion.

Edited by bunny