The New Moderator

Jyosua

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be 100% honest I never thought of Metal Arc as the, "best," moderator. He was a good moderator, but certainly not the best, and I have seen many better.

To be honest, and no offense to anyone else, I consider Fox the best moderator on the site, although they are all equally worthy of the position. Maybe Wist will surprise me, I wouldn't doubt it either, as I've seen Wist around the site.

Meh. Arc-he's the only one I really saw doing a truck-load of Moderator work. I've been warned 4 times. One was Hanz, and I think the other three were Arc. Arc was the only one who removed my warn, which I had for way too long.

Meh. Arc-he's the only one I really saw doing a truck-load of Moderator work. I've been warned 4 times. One was Hanz, and I think the other three were Arc. Arc was the only one who removed my warn, which I had for way too long.

Not always a good thing. Personally I think a moderator who does there work without an entire forum noticing is the best, and that's just what Fox does. If Fox sees a problem she mostly deals with it in the most silent way possible, which I think is better, less drama for people to build.

Just because you can't SEE them doing work, doesn't mean they aren't. Keep in mind a lot happens behind the scenes.

Edited by Cynthia

That's another thing, the moderators rarely collaborated. I almost could never tell when the others were doing their job. I just trusted them that they did.

And... this isn't going to change anything Matt. Cynthia, you're entitled to your opinion but keep in mind that I'm still quite raw from this. It's not helping.

I'm requesting the topic be closed please. We get it.

Edited by Adam

I never said you did, I mean people I won't mention.

To be honest, and no offense to Metal Arc, but I think the job is better filled by Wist, and not because I hate Metal Arc, because I love him unconditionally.

I think Wist fills the spot better because well Wist is serious more of the time, and takes a lot more seriously. I'm not saying Metal Arc doesn't, but from what I've seen Wist knows how to handle himself and others when things look bad. However this is just from what I've seen. Plus let's not forget Jysoua hand picked him.

Nothing against Metal Arc, but I do believe if Metal Arc cared about the forums and not just being a moderator, he'd realize there are better people for the job, and honor and respect that. That's the goal of a moderator, to do what is best for the forum.

To be honest, and no offense to Metal Arc, but I think the job is better filled by Wist, and not because I hate Metal Arc, because I love him unconditionally.

I think Wist fills the spot better because well Wist is serious more of the time, and takes a lot more seriously. I'm not saying Metal Arc doesn't, but from what I've seen Wist knows how to handle himself and others when things look bad. However this is just from what I've seen. Plus let's not forget Jysoua hand picked him.

Nothing against Metal Arc, but I do believe if Metal Arc cared about the forums and not just being a moderator, he'd realize there are better people for the job, and honor and respect that. That's the goal of a moderator, to do what is best for the forum.

If you were my friend, you'd stop repeating yourself because I already know this and hearing it again and again makes it harder to move on.

I won't fight this anymore. I've lost my will to fight in general.

Now I'll tell you what I told Wist: I'd feel one hell of alot better if he proved he was better than me. I'd lose to the better man and it would be an honorable defeat.

I like Wist. I know he has some exprerience, and will be a good Moderator. But NO ONE WILL EVER EVER replace Arc. No one will better Arc, not because of performance, but because of ability/personality.

He has already proven that before he even became a moderator. If you want proof, please read through (for example) the topic about Fire Emblem Debating in the General Fire Emblem section, especially Wist's posts.

I like Wist. I know he has some exprerience, and will be a good Moderator. But NO ONE WILL EVER EVER replace Arc. No one will better Arc, not because of performance, but because of ability/personality.

Wist has already replaced him. I don't know how you can even try to deny such a fact.

Wist has already replaced him. I don't know how you can even try to deny such a fact.
Are things really that different in Europe Tino? People don't say that? I meant "No one can replace him" as "No one will be as good as him. I will always wish his replacement was him"

If you were my friend, you'd stop repeating yourself because I already know this and hearing it again and again makes it harder to move on.

I won't fight this anymore. I've lost my will to fight in general.

Now I'll tell you what I told Wist: I'd feel one hell of alot better if he proved he was better than me. I'd lose to the better man and it would be an honorable defeat.

If your definition of friendship is someone who will never tell you that you are wrong, then you will be a lonely person in life for sure.

Honestly you can't expect to compare Wist to Metal Arc, you can't compare him to anyone, it isn't Fair. Wist is his own person and deserves to be treated as such.

You haven't even given him a chance yet, this applies to you too Matthew.

Are things really that different in Europe Tino? People don't say that? I meant "No one can replace him" as "No one will be as good as him. I will always wish his replacement was him"

Apparently, Wist is actually better than him as a moderator. Perhaps you like Metal Arc more as a person, but that doesn't mean he's a better moderator.

If your definition of friendship is someone who will never tell you that you are wrong, then you will be a lonely person in life for sure.

Honestly you can't expect to compare Wist to Metal Arc, you can't compare him to anyone, it isn't Fair. Wist is his own person and deserves to be treated as such.

Wist is a good guy, Wist will be a good Mod, but Arc has set the bar damn high.

Telling me I'm wrong is one thing, torturing me is another.

I've been giving Wist a chance since he was promoted, don't misconstrue my words like that.

Apparently, Wist is actually better than him as a moderator. Perhaps you like Metal Arc more as a person, but that doesn't mean he's a better moderator.
I guess we won't know for now. But Arc was/is a good Moderator, and has the bar high up.

Telling me I'm wrong is one thing, torturing me is another.

I've been giving Wist a chance since he was promoted, don't misconstrue my words like that.

I wasn't directing it towards you, don't misconstrue MY words like that.

I was originally talking towards Matthew. You at any time could just stop reading, and honestly I'm just making a point. If you're so beat up over not being a moderator anymore, then you probably weren't one for the right reasons, as I'm not laughing at you or anything.

To be 100% honest Metal Arc, I always saw you as trying to be the hero, but really that isn't what it's about. That's just my thought from what I've seen, but really it doesn't mean I hate you or have negative feelings towards you.

To be honest I don't think the bar has been set higher or lower.

You guys are making Wist feel bad, like he has to live up to some legacy or something. Honestly, he's a good choice, and deserves to be treated like a PERSON, and not a "replacement."

Edited by Cynthia

Hmm, I agree with Metal Arc; I think that's enough on this subject.

If anyone has any pressing additions, please PM me or another admin/mod.

Anyway, I believe I haven't had a chance to post here. Basically, all that needs to be said is that I completely agree with Jyosua's choice. In fact, Wist was my choice for fourth moderator back in the closure incident (until I decided three was enough).

Edited by VincentASM