The New Moderator

Jyosua

I think my posts in that thread were pessimistic and not well worded because I didn't intend to give the impression that I advocated a change towards strict forum rules. Regardless, policy hasn't changed to suit my opinion and I don't intend to act in a way that would contrast the spirit of the forum as it stands right now. No pienso que verme convertido en un dictador.

Edit (2008.10.22):

It is a valid criticism, though. I'll be more cautious in how I present any potentially controversial arguments because my own perspectives shouldn't be confused with that of the administration's.

Edited by Wist

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, generally one can see a bad topic coming. Touchy issues are always touchy, so I respect any mod who has their finger on the trigger when any big issue comes up, such as War, Religion, and serious racism/sexism.

At the same time, it's nice to know policy hasn't changed.

I just hope no one else takes my comment the wrong way. I have nothing against anyone, I just like to know my. . . politics, if you will.

Wist knows I don't expect him to CHANGE MIRACULOUSLY TO FIT MY EVERY NEED!!!

I've already told him, that if he believes there's an argument between members that could use some mediation rather than handing out warns or worse, to let one of us handle it, since he doesn't think it the place of a moderator to do so, and I do (as well as others). This is the one aspect in which Metal Arc was well suited for. However, I believe in all other aspects, Wist will make a better moderator.

Oh, and since it's worth mention, I'll also give you huge credit for smallest name on a mod.

remembers Fox and disagrees

Well, at the risk of sounding like pretty much everybody here... Congratulations, Wist.

As for the other staffers, you've made quite an excellent decision, in my opinion. You definitely could've picked worse D:

Congrats! Is there any chance that we will have another moderator? Or is 5 the max.?

The admins can have as many moderators as they'd like. They probably think three moderators is enough, for the time being, at least.

Congrats! Is there any chance that we will have another moderator? Or is 5 the max.?

It's already been decided three or four times that we won't have a fourth moderator.

What is the obsession with having more moderators? More moderators means you want MORE people to babysit you.

There is probably about 25-35 active users, three moderators is MORE than enough. Hell two is enough.

Having more moderators will NOT solve the problems, it'll just make things stricter when problems arise, and thus people will get angry at how strict things are, and how they can't do anything without a mod in their face.

Edited by Cynthia