Fire Emblem: Battle of Revolution - Is this real or is this real?

onmyoji

april fools

apparently, it actually says so right in the botton of the page. Someone who speaks japanese can easily confirm or deny that.

Edited by Nobody

I already thought this was some kind of joke, but I didn't make the april fool's connection.

I figured it was a joke about Fire Emblem Gaiden having a similar name to Ninja Gaiden and both being for NES, so they're turning Valbar's squad into samurai.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Huh?

What?

Am I missing the relevance of the date besides that it was Echoes's JP release date?

National Get High Day. I thought you would have recognized that, for as long as you've been living in America, Rey.

Though I would be all for seeing a Fire Emblem style strategy game set during the Bakumatsu (the last days of the Tokugawa Shogunate for those who don't know, between 1853 and 1867). 

Is this an April Fool's Joke? Nintendo please tell me now! I don't like being deceeeeived!

This must be a joke. Why else would Nintendo hide it for so long and somehow release it simultaneously with Fates. The Marth thing also sounds very suspicious.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
It is a Joke- Phew!

From the news on SF:

An absolute smorgasbord of information can be found on the game’s newly launched official site. In fact, there’s so much to digest that we’ll leave you with the basic details.

I think you might underestimate Vincent a little, Captain.

I mean, just 'cuz it's 4/20 blazin' doesn't mean it's a prank since that's when Echoes is released in Japan (unless Echoes is an elaborate prank, and they're just waiting to kick us all in the collective groin... shall I get some tinfoil hats?).

There's plenty else to indicate that it's a farce.  Like the fact that it just came out of the blue on April 1st in Japan, and that they have arguably the worst "artistic inspiration" possible (though admittedly, I do like the art and sprites for the characters).  Plus the fact that it apparently releases the same day as Echoes, and that they say it's April Fools.

@Captain Karnage @ping There's also the tag at the bottom of the article that says "April Fool's"...

the thing that surprises me the most about this isn't that people believed this, but that so many people don't know that fire emblem's anniversary is on 4/20

like, it's literally the only game release date i know, solely because it's 420

I think they're off on the early 90s art direction. Too much shading, too much volume on the petals. No ridiculous articles of clothing like Alm's green gloves or Marth's tiara. There's more official artwork for this prank than the very first game.

So...Battle of Revolution Sub-forum when? Pogchamp.