Been playing Dragon Quest Heroes

Jedi

As the warriors dude of Serenes, I felt I needed to expand even more on my knowledge, so I picked up DQH, I am decently familiar with the DQ series, i've played 1, 5, 6 and 8, along with knowing some stuff with 3. 

I think this game does a good job merging a DQ feel with the Warriors formula, you take a party of 4 into combat, you can switch between em, they have skill trees and points, a very old school equipment system, etc. 

3be2b53f95a76a9ac642761beb3d9ac7.png

The CPU Ai for the people you aren't controlling is surprisingly decent for Warriors fare too, especially in Boss fights. I'm not that far in yet, but i'm enjoying this because it feels fresh for a Warriors game in a way, focusing on the small group instead of alot of armies, its just you vs Monsters with some NPCs, and you can get Monster Coins to summon monsters to help, and they actually do help. So its nice. The smaller arenas remind me of Dynasty Warriors 3 maps somewhat.

Anyone else have exp with this game and want to chat about it?

Edited by Jedi

I've watched a LP of the first and some of the second (I'll watch a different one when someone does a LP of the English release, the guy I was watching translated the text in his updates), though since I lack a PS4 I won't be able to actually play it until the Switch version is brought over.

While I question some of the character choices (no VII in Heroes I, and no V in II... this is really baffling considering VII PSX is the best selling DQ in Japan iirc, while V is Yuji Horii's favorite entry), I would like to play it some time at least in part because Terry is actually good here, unlike in DQVI proper, where he suffered from a pretty bad case of latecomer syndrome.

Now where's Heroes III with both Milly and Terry so I can have the Felonia siblings team up

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've watched a LP of the first and some of the second (I'll watch a different one when someone does a LP of the English release, the guy I was watching translated the text in his updates), though since I lack a PS4 I won't be able to actually play it until the Switch version is brought over.

While I question some of the character choices (no VII in Heroes I, and no V in II... this is really baffling considering VII PSX is the best selling DQ in Japan iirc, while V is Yuji Horii's favorite entry), I would like to play it some time at least in part because Terry is actually good here, unlike in DQVI proper, where he suffered from a pretty bad case of latecomer syndrome.

Now where's Heroes III with both Milly and Terry so I can have the Felonia siblings team up

I'm playing the first on Steam, and the 2nd is going to be on it too, if you happen to have a good comp, you might be able to manage that. Also yeah the character choices seem weird while some making sense, which is part of why I always say with Koei to "expect the unexpected" lol.

I just am trying to get to Jessica, I love DQ8 and I like her too.

I'm liking Alena though 

gstdxwq.jpg

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Jedi said:

I'm playing the first on Steam, and the 2nd is going to be on it too, if you happen to have a good comp, you might be able to manage that. Also yeah the character choices seem weird while some making sense, which is part of why I always say with Koei to "expect the unexpected" lol.

Nah, I don't think my laptop can handle it, it's not exactly tailored for gaming.

Thanks for trying, though.

13 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Have you seen any metal slimes yet?

Not yet, but I assume that'll be in a challenge later. 

I did manage to get Jessica though so thats nice.

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not yet, but I assume that'll be in a challenge later. 

I did manage to get Jessica though so thats nice.

Okay then. Who are your favorite characters to play as?

BTW, has this ever happened to you in a DQ game?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/583527-dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/44516060 

Pay special attention to the title and the first post.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

29 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then. Who are your favorite characters to play as?

BTW, has this ever happened to you in a DQ game?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/583527-dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/44516060 

Pay special attention to the title and the first post.

So far Jessica, Alena and King Doric.

And yes lol.