Heroes: When in the timeline do they come from?

Lightchao42

9 minutes ago, unique said:

while he does mention her, the line in particular is

"The way this strange world works… I wonder… Could I ever be reunited with my dear Leila again?"

so actually you can take that as the opposite

OH! Now that changes things. I doubt they would make Leila playable, but it would be cool if she were and sad since... well, yeah.

I just remembered, I wonder which game Barst is from then. He mentions being a pirate once and since I didn't know who he was other than his art looks cool, I looked him up and the wiki said he becomes a pirate in between one of the games before becoming a pirate again for whatever indecisive Barst reason.

And then there's Virion. It could be during Awakening as he was forced out of Valm of his own volition to save his people's lives or it could be post-Awakening if you take it as him talking about what happened, explaining to some outsider, to vent about him feeling unwelcomed even after his return to rebuild Valm.

6 minutes ago, unique said:

i don't think he literally means it when he says "I died once"

someone (canonically minerva I suppose) did beat the shit out of him to the point that he shouldn't have survived, but due to *certain circumstances*, he managed to live

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

A very quick summary of FE 1/11:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Michalis shanks daddy and becomes King of Macedon.
2. Marth gets Maria out of jail, and Minerva joins up
3. Michalis is defeated in Chapter 22
4. Minerva didn't have the heart to kill her brother, and Maria dragged him off to the side and brought him back from the brink of death.
5. Michalis re-appears in Chapter 21 of FE 3/12 with Starlight.
5a. In FE12, Michalis can also be recruited, and he is just as much of a jerk as he is in Heroes.
5b. In FE3, it's implied that he drops dead shortly afterwards, because he'd fought a mage beforehand, and we all know how well he takes to magic attacks.
6. Regardless, Maria is freed again (which is why Michalis helps Marth out).

Oh I see, so when Michalis said he died, he didn't mean he actually died. That kind of led me astray, since I thought maybe some Heroes-exclusive villain brought him back for a certain reason. Then again, Heroes doesn't exactly have the deepest story...

16 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Some also speculates that Heroes Takumi is Conquest Takumi, as he has red eyes, Vengeance, and Close Counter is eerily similar to Point Blank. However, he doesn't mention headache, something that is tied with his possession. 

Really? Huh. I thought he came from the Revelations path. He'd clearly have problems with the Nohrians on our teams otherwise :P

Clearly when Takumi was summoned to be a part of Heroes, it eviscerated whatever influence Anankos had on him. Anyway, I do like to imagine that Heroes!Takumi is from Conquest, so he can avoid the completely stupid fate he suffers in Conquest.

I haven't really given much thought to the other characters' origins in time, however. Too much of a headache. But the Renais twins do seem to be from post-FE8, while most of the other characters seem to be deliberately vague.

Composite character trope - a couple characters that have had multiple appearances (that weren't cameos) in the main series games have some aspects from both appearances combined for Heroes.

Bartre: uses his Binding Blade look but acts much like his Blazing Blade appearance

Eliwood: based on his Blazing Blade look but is aware of Roy's growth

Edited by Roflolxp54

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Clearly when Takumi was summoned to be a part of Heroes, it eviscerated whatever influence Anankos had on him. Anyway, I do like to imagine that Heroes!Takumi is from Conquest, so he can avoid the completely stupid fate he suffers in Conquest.

I haven't really given much thought to the other characters' origins in time, however. Too much of a headache. But the Renais twins do seem to be from post-FE8, while most of the other characters seem to be deliberately vague.

His eyes should have returned to gold then. Normal Takumi have gold eyes. Possessed Takumi have red eyes instead. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

His eyes should have returned to gold then. Normal Takumi have gold eyes. Possessed Takumi have red eyes instead. 

Clearly, Heroes Takumi is actually Anankos in disguise who is planning to sabotage the Order of Heroes and take over several parallel worlds for poorly defined reasons.

He kind of just forgot to take his dragonstone medication and is feeling moody

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Some also speculates that Heroes Takumi is Conquest Takumi, as he has red eyes, Vengeance, and Close Counter is eerily similar to Point Blank. However, he doesn't mention headache, something that is tied with his possession. 

Perhaps. . .

Spoiler

This is Takumi's spirit, between when his body was taken over and before Corrin ends Conquest.  At least it would explain why he has that special skill!

29 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Possession turned his eyes red but there's nothing to suggest...unpossession would turn them back. Like if Anankos was a force acting on his body that change the pigments on his eyes, the force suddenly disappearing would still retain some of the effects. Alternatively

26 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Clearly, Heroes Takumi is actually Anankos in disguise who is planning to sabotage the Order of Heroes and take over several parallel worlds for poorly defined reasons.

He kind of just forgot to take his dragonstone medication and is feeling moody

This beautiful theory.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm going to put Eirika and Ephraim as both post-FE8, but Ephraim more so. 

Ephraim's confession quote includes: "I mean that strength isn’t always enough to protect us. Yes, it helps force a foe to submit. But strength can also blind one to others’ feelings. That is exactly how I once lost a good friend."

One of Eirika's lines when poked: "My brother and I, and our friend, Lyon… We once had grand ideas about the future."

Eirika's is less certain, but I think she'd actually be more inclined to speak in past tense about Lyon after he died. Also, I think some description jabs with her gullibility again, which is Chapter 18. 

They use their Restoration Lord/Lady titles, as well.

I made a post in tumblr about Takumi being the one from Conquest after noticing his more reddish eyes in Heroes... Along with my idea, that the Heroes come from different timelines in which they died and now they have another opportunity to live and become a Heroe in this new universe

Of course this is not how it really is, but I like to think about it for some reason

Do we base characters that we get summoned, or are we taking into account the story mode as well? cause if i remember right, eliwood only mentions roy in the story and not just himself elsewhere. if we ignore the story battles we might have a slightly easier time just thinking what timeline they come from.

58 minutes ago, Thany said:

Do we base characters that we get summoned, or are we taking into account the story mode as well? cause if i remember right, eliwood only mentions roy in the story and not just himself elsewhere. if we ignore the story battles we might have a slightly easier time just thinking what timeline they come from.

We probably should ignore the story.  The heroes we summon can't be the same as the ones we fight in the story or it wouldn't make sense for them to still be there after we summoned them.

Marth and his guys are definitely from after the events of their games. Marth says humbly 'I'm no Hero-King' and stuff. Abel talks about Est and how he saved her. And so on.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Marth and his guys are definitely from after the events of their games. Marth says humbly 'I'm no Hero-King' and stuff. Abel talks about Est and how he saved her. And so on.

Wouldn't saying I'm no Hero King imply it's before he became the Hero King?

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Wouldn't saying I'm no Hero King imply it's before he became the Hero King?

I'd think it refers to him not finding himself worthy of the title after he's been awarded it already.

I thought Michalis would be from post-FE12, from after you saved him... He's just as arrogant, like in FE12, still considers himself king, and is dismissive of Minerva as per the usual. That being said, he can be from during FE3/12, since he does mention he's searching for her (presumably Maria).

Abel's dialogue just makes me sad. I wish he was the one from FE1/11 and didn't mention Est at all. They seem so happy together... Arrrgh, annoys me again v.v Really need to search up what happens in 12 if I kill off Est after recruiting them both...

I think some can be from any time since they don't really mention anything specific about their games. I mean Jeorge doesn't, off the top of my head, and I'm sure a fair few other random characters don't... (Rebecca doesn't, I don't think? She just mentions about being a villager girl). I could be wrong there and have missed lines, though.