FE The Binding Stone(sequel to FE8)

Heskpar

My favorite FE game is without a doubt, Sacred Stones. There are many reasons for that, but this post isn't about discussing what makes FE8 superior to other FE games, this post is about discussing the glaring flaw that looms in the story of SS, which is its place in the Fire Emblem universe. Through out the series, we can see games connect back to older games, implying that they are relevant. As for SS, there is no indication of it relating to other games, other than the hint that they exist in the same universe(as seen in references in Awakening), there is nothing that really puts FE8 in context of the FE series. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but since they went out of their way to reference it in Awakening(rather obvious reference as you can practically find Erika's swords scattered just about anywhere in the world), I am convinced that there should be a continuation of the story that ties it to the overall story of FE. As such, here is my take on how FE8's continuation should play out.  

The battle was hard fought, but victorious in the end, Prince Ephraim and his Princess Erika defeated the Demon King, Fomortiis. As an honor and tribute to their bravery and valor, house Rausten entrusted the final Sacred Stone to the care of Renais. Though it contained a portion of the power of Fomortiis, it was nothing more than sealed dark energy, devoid of will. As such, Rausten considered the Stone to be an omen of misfortune, unfit to be held in its holy lands.

Soon after the war ended, the calamity that was foreseen by the late Prince Lyon struck Grado. A massive earthquake destroyed the land. With the royalty of Grado dead, and no ruler to lead them, the country fell into despair. Seeking to take responsibility, Ephraim, now the king of Renais, proposed that the remaining land of Grado be divided among Frelia, Renais, and Jehanna. Pontifex Mansel, the ruler of Rausten, was grateful to King Ephraim for not even raising the question to include Rausten in the distribution of the land. Not only was there an existing friction between Raustens and Gradonians, but Rausten was land locked from the lands of Grado and had no means of intentions of expanding their borders. King Hayden, reluctant to accept the heavy burden of rebuilding Grado, was persuaded by Princess Tana and Prince Innes to accept the moral obligation. Emperor Joshua of Jehanna, who was also newly appointed as the ruler of the White Dunes, questioned why the land should be divided at all. Gradonians were a cultured people with a history of resilience. Rather, he proposed that the country should be aided, yet kept intact to preserve their identity.

Shocked by their peer’s calmness and foresight, King Ephraim struggled to make a decision. After consulting with his council and the other nations, the decision was made to split Grado into three provinces with an appointed governor. Friela took responsibility for the Western province that spanned from Borgo Ride down to the Bethroen Peninsula. Cormag, a hero of Grado was appointed governor of the Western province. The Central province spanned from Renval to Taizel. King Ephraim at first considered to appoint Dussel to the heart of Grado in the Eastern Province, but was persuaded by Dussel himself to be appointed to the Central Province where the majority of the damage wrought by the earthquake lay. To Dussel, it was ever important that he stood as a symbol of hope for the people. Dussel also advised King Ephraim to appoint the heart of Grado to High Sorcerer Knoll, Lyon’s right hand man. Knoll undertook this responsibility with great care and set out to rebuild Grado both physically and politically. Under the guidance of Knoll, Grado became a republic, and as time passed Grado began to recover

20 years afterwards, King Ephraim, Emperor Joshua, and the new King of Frelia, King Innes, concluded that the restoration effort was a success and Grado no longer needed the support of its fellow nations. Happiness flourished in Magvel, and the war was becoming a distant memory. This was soon to change, unbeknownst to King Ephraim, a secret cult had formed among the High Council of Priests in Renais. They sought to exploit the stone, hearing of rumors of seeing into the future. They conducted experiments in secret, until they came across something they had never seen before. A vision of a land, a great war was being fought between a scarlet haired prince and a great evil. Feared by the destruction, they approached King Ephraim and told him of their experiments. King Ephraim immediately contacted Emperor Joshua. Joshua’s son, Prince Jonah was known for his bright red hair, a signature of royalty in Jehanna. Jonah was his father’s son, when his Joshua approached him with the fortune seen by Ephraim’s priest’s. Jonah refused to bear the burden and disappeared. The matter was not disclosed to the public and scouts were sent around the continent to find the fated leader of their battle. King Ephraim reached out to his daughter Eliana, and his nephew Elias, who were good friends of Jonah, to reach out to him and be there for him, lest he turns to a dark path. Ephraim and Erika appointed Franz the Faithful, who tutored Eliana the lance and sword, and Lute the Prodigy who tutored Elias the arts of magic and staves to accompany them on their journey. And so, the story of our young heroes began, yet none would expect the future that laid in store for them.    

So that's my prologue! let me know what you guys think! If you guys like it I will work on it some more, if not then please give me your feedback. I would love to improve my writing. Thanks!

Sounds promising! I assume the outrealm gate will be involved? Since you said you want to tie Magvel to the rest of the FE world...

I'm curious what pairings you're using, like is Natasha Jonah's mom? Etc.

A story set 20 years after will have a lot of things modernized, which will be a challenge for you in your next story. For example classes, weapons, social views, etc.

if by any chance you're gonna include the relationship status of the SS characters, better make it as original and well thought as possible (parent's background)...

love the prologue man, keep it up for your next update