[FE5]Thracia 776 Menu Translation [WIP][5-17]

Zane Avernathy

I feel like you all have been waiting enough. If you happen to frequent FEU or you've been vigilant here on Serenes Forest, you might have seen some Thracia notes or screenshots.

I'd like to give you all a taste of what I've been up to.

Zane's Thracia 776 Menu Translation

Spoiler

9a1a881fbf.png
31113f1a74.png

More information and a download link is provided here

Patch is for an unheadered, unedited FE5 ROM.

Please, as always,
reply soon

Edited by Zane Avernathy
5-17 update

8 hours ago, Zane Avernathy said:

There is only one gameplay change, but only the most expert of FE5 fans would ever notice it.

Ruined. Unplayable.

Joking aside, this is pretty great. I actually forget why I don't use the existing patch (probably bugs) but it must have been horrible since my Japanese is pretty bad. Has it been tested all the way through yet?

4 minutes ago, CO_Fimbulvetr said:

Has it been tested all the way through yet?

What you see is currently what you get. The bulk of my time working on FE5 has been writing notes and developing tools to assist people in creating their own games. These resources will become available after proofreading and testing, so expect sporadic updates to the document in my notes thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome menu Patch, Zane Avernathy!

I downloaded it yesterday to test it on the game to see how it looks.

and astheicly, I'm very impressed with it! :)

it's very clean, clear and crystal crisp to understand works/commands etc.

one question tho that I have:

can I patch this on top of the English translation patch? 

as the main menu chapters is in Japanese and in the English translation patch.

also, if I use the NP ver of the game or another does it matter?

overall this is great work, makes 776 even more playable now,

(the English patch was okay, but the menu was a F*^* mess and it was hard to tell what was what (: ).

the patch works up to a certain chapter? or all the game? 

Yeah, as Kirb said, you can't apply this over an existing patch. The English patch modifies certain text routines that I use, along with potentially using free space I'd used.

I'm not very familiar with different ROM versions, so you might have to try different ones. If you find any that don't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The patch should work for every name, faction, class, and item. Later chapters haven't been fully tested, but any issues they might have are easily fixed.

Thanks for playing!

On 6/1/2017 at 6:40 PM, Kirb1337 said:

No(i tested it earlier for zane)

shame would have been nice if it could work tho.

13 hours ago, Zane Avernathy said:

Yeah, as Kirb said, you can't apply this over an existing patch. The English patch modifies certain text routines that I use, along with potentially using free space I'd used.

I'm not very familiar with different ROM versions, so you might have to try different ones. If you find any that don't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The patch should work for every name, faction, class, and item. Later chapters haven't been fully tested, but any issues they might have are easily fixed.

Thanks for playing!

nice, thanx for the reply, um the menu patch translates only the menu and not dialogue text into English?

um is it possible to combine your menu patch with the English patch to make one complete English patch with dialogue + menu all in one? 

to make the game 100% playable in terms of dialogue/menu. 

not sure if this is possible to achieve?

1 hour ago, IkeBoyDude said:

um is it possible to combine your menu patch with the English patch to make one complete English patch with dialogue + menu all in one? 

didn't we just answer that question? If you're talking about making zane's translation be for dialogue too, i was thinking about doing this after i finished fe1, but that probably isnt anytime soon, as the fe1 transation wont be finished until at least september.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:54 PM, Kirb1337 said:

didn't we just answer that question? If you're talking about making zane's translation be for dialogue too, i was thinking about doing this after i finished fe1, but that probably isnt anytime soon, as the fe1 transation wont be finished until at least september.

I see, np. this patch is great tho, makes the menu even better than before. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2017 at 4:22 PM, Kirb1337 said:

vCp7Sk3.gif

I've been translating the dialogue with the help of zane using this patch as a base. 

I wouldn't mind rewriting the dialogue, to give the script some spice and vitality. Message me/reply if you're interested, and I can send a sample.

Edited by Kysafen

9 hours ago, Kysafen said:

I wouldn't mind rewriting the dialogue, to give the script some spice and vitality. Message me/reply if you're interested, and I can send a sample.

I already have someone helping me, altho maybe i'll need more help, who knows.

More gifs: Nxilwbb.gif