Making the man out of Eliwood: Breaking the Limit (formally, skill inheritance analysis).

pianime94

This looks really fun, I think I'm going to train my +spd -def one up. Only thing is I don't know how badly the smaller defense will affect him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Heyyyy sooooo hope it's cool that I bump this; I was gonna say this in the Skill Inheritance thread but since there's an Eli analysis thread I thought I'd make mention of it here... @pianime94

So Moonbow isn't bad or anything, but I was looking at Woody's sweet Res stat and I had the thought that maybe Iceberg would be decent on him... and after running the calcs (used my Atk+/Spd- Eli for the sake of my own testing), it looks like Iceberg is probably actually the way to go. Against the whole neutral cast, Iceberg only loses out on 2 ORKOs at empty charge compared to Moonbow, but nets a cool 15 more KOs if initiating combat while the proc is fully charged. 

Glacies is tempting too but takes way too long to charge unless Eliwood is soloing the enemy team. With Iceberg though, you've got it fully charged after 1 round of combat with any enemy you double via Swordbreaker (dropping Moonbow only loses kills on Draug, Hinata, and Def+ Eldigan) and are ready to nuke something harder on the following round than Eli is capable of than Moonbow.

So it may not be strictly 100% better, but it does seem to have wider application and stronger power... .3. So just thought I'd share that....??

EDIT: Oh also I should mention that I used the Atk+1 Seal for my calcs as well. 

EDIT: and uhh since I just realized the analysis uses -Res natures preferred, it's probably worth mentioning that Iceberg still does pretty good even with 29 Res to work with (loses out on only 2 kills with =Res Iceberg but gets more without it)

Edited by BANRYU

I am indeed using my neutral 5* Eliwood on my team this arena season. I don't know, I just find him so handy as a sword unit more than anyone else just because he's mobile and his stats are actually pretty good.

I give him Fury 3 instead, to bolster his already nice stat distribution even further. And, after analyzing it with the simulator, it's more flexible this way. His innate Death Blow 2 doesn't have to be stacked. I'd rather make him better against everything so he can become a great unit in all situations, both offensive and defensively.

I'm giving Eliwood Iceberg as his special instead for a nice boost in damage.

Edited by Lyrai

@BANRYU Don't worry mate, haha. I'm always up for a Wood discussion.

True to your statement, my analysis shows that a super buffed Eliwood indeed doesn't really need to rely on his proc to earn him majority of his kills. As long as he can ORK he can kill a lot of things. I tested that using a Desperation LoD +Spd Eliwood. For proc, I'd say Dragon Aura would benefit him more due to it using Eliwood's monstrous Atk instead of his Res.  For simplicity sake, we'll be using a 0 Def test dummy. Using your Eliwood, Iceberg deals 77 damage while Dragon Gaze deals 79 damage without buff. If Eliwood has a hone in place Iceberg deals 83 damage, while Dragon Gaze deals 87 damage. Super Wood deals 87 on the former and 92 on the latter.

My calculation shows that proc Dragon Aura at super buffed state would let him win against 116 units (113 got KO in one punch lmao), Even with a Hone alone he''d still KO 111 units, at a price that he'll be trading damage against blues (and Draug).

While Iceberg nets lesser kill it works as a fine substitute if you want to save Dragon Aura for someone else.

Edited by pianime94

Yeah you're right; I realized this earlier myself xD subbing for Moonbow and DracoAura IS how I had the idea though, but yeah, it seems DracoAura is the one to go with... I guess you could almost say it's the new Moonbow, hah =w=

Glad to contribute in any case; Eli's next on the upgrade docket for me, so I'm hoping to make a decent One-Punch Wood of my own, even with the -Spd ~3~ (all in all not a TERRIBLE nature, if not ideal)

1 hour ago, JSND said:

I really hate how the moment i decided to let go of the Life and Death/Fury Eliwood dream(Triangle Adept Wood OP), i literally got Life and Death fodder and 2 Hinata

Time to kill 200 mooks again aye.

For me, it's Wings of Mercy+Luna fodder for Sharena. I instead gave her Luna and Killer Lance, and then Frederick came again for the 5th (6? 7?) time.

Goddammit.

Also need to farm some SP so I can give Death Blow and Draconic Gaze to Eliwood. Swordbreaker comes later.

Edited by pianime94

4 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Well, tell you what, I only have one Eliwood for some rng reasoning, and he is +Atk -Spd lol.

But who cares about Spd if they're already dead, amirite?

That was what I was thinking, heh xD Turns out the extra speed DOES help him a bit in some matchups, but hey I'll take the special bulk. 

Okay, it's official. I finally made the man out of Eliwood. LITERALLY. Now he truly becomes a mage slayer in both ways. :lol:
Just need to teach him Swordbreaker, upgrade the Chilling Wind (Or maybe look for Pavise for survivability?), and add assist skill. Then, he'll be all set for both Offense and Defense.

Screenshot_2017-04-28-21-59-45.thumb.png.bfd3cdfd6cb56f288797b7f29c0f7a11.png

Forgive my necroposting. Just wanna keep this gem of a topic alive a little longer.

Edited by Lyrai

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

If possible, you might want to swap Chilling Wind with Draconic Aura if possible. The latter will make him deals a little bit more damage.

It's pretty questionable whether I should use between the two, but statistic showed me that Iceberg (The upgraded special) wins 2 more matchups than Draconic Aura.

Is there a website you use to check match-ups? I'm looking at the suggestion of Swift Sparrow on a +Spd Eliwood... and mine is +Atk/-HP. I'm wondering if Darting Blow 3 achieves the same results.

Nice to see a dedicated thread for Eliwood, at any rate. He was the first 4-star I pulled, and served as my "Jeigan" of sorts back when I was still figuring out the game, so I definitely want to use him at his best potential.