Data-mined Information (SPOILERS; please read first post)

What data do you want to see first?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Preliminary data

• Character Max Stats
    • Weapon + Item Data
    • Skill Data
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

I highly doubt they'd do that, especially since it effects gameplay. Besides, I don't think they'd want to spend the time or effort to change the age for every country just to fit with their laws, given the differences from country to country. That and it just seems unnecessary to change it in the first place lol.

I especially think it's unlikely because, if they wanted to keep the gameplay consistent with each region, they'd have to change character ages too. It just seems like more trouble than it's worth

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kendall said:

I especially think it's unlikely because, if they wanted to keep the gameplay consistent with each region, they'd have to change character ages too. It just seems like more trouble than it's worth

I do remembered that Lyn's age was changed 15 to 18, but there wasn't any controversy happening in The Blazing Blade, but, does those Alcohol drinks locked to those units that are under 20 correct? I did saw the Provisions page mentioned it that those Alcoholic drinks prevents for under 20 to use it.

3 minutes ago, RainThunder said:

I'm not sure if someone have done this before, but here is the full credits: https://pastebin.com/gya6k7Cz

Thank you for that!

6 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

but, does those Alcohol drinks locked to those units that are under 20 correct? I did saw the Provisions page mentioned it that those Alcoholic drinks prevents for under 20 to those units that are under 20 correct?

Correct. Units under the age of 20 cannot consume alcoholic food items.

About alcoholic beverages (at least for European version): a positive description of alcohol would rate the game at PEGI 16. Have a look at the ratings of the previous Fire Emblem games, you can guess the fate of alcohol for playable characters in this game.:rolleyes:

Regarding alcohol consumption in Europe: It also depends on what you are drinking. For example in Germany you can legally drink beer and other low percentage alcohol (like Sekt) at the age of 16, while you can only consume booze or spirits when you are 18 and higher. 

So I guess they just leave it at 20. It would be an enormous amount of work to adjust the ages for every country (in Europe at least, the American version might change).

Changing any ages, including but not limited to the age required for alcohol, would be dumb. Gaiden does not take place in the United States. American law does not apply.

10 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

So...I'm assuming that the Falchions that Marth and Alm use are the exact same in this game's data and that Alm's Falchion is still effective against both all monsters and Duma himself. Does that mean that Marth's Falchion was supposed to have always been effective against both dragons and monsters all along? Because if it is then that would seemingly be another function that got changed by Awakening's era given that the undead count as monsters and yet neither of the Falchion's non-basic forms is effective against the Risen.

There is data in the game for "Falchion" (locked to Alm), "Exalted Falchion" (locked to Marth), and "Parallel Falchion" (locked to Lucina.)

Alm's Falchion is effective against monsters, eyeballs, and can kill gods. Marth's Falchion is effective against eyeballs but not other monsters, and can kill gods. Lucina's Falchion has no special qualities.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Changing any ages, including but not limited to the age required for alcohol, would be dumb. Gaiden does not take place in the United States. American law does not apply.

Implying the sort of the people who would be involved in looking over the script for content of this nature would even care about this point.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

There is data in the game for "Falchion" (locked to Alm), "Exalted Falchion" (locked to Marth), and "Parallel Falchion" (locked to Lucina.)

Alm's Falchion is effective against monsters, eyeballs, and can kill gods. Marth's Falchion is effective against eyeballs but not other monsters, and can kill gods. Lucina's Falchion has no special qualities.

...What the actual garbage am I reading? I get the idea behind Lucina's Falchion not dealing effective damage to monsters in general or gods but it doesn't even deal effective damage to Draco Zombies? And Marth's Falchion doesn't either but it does deal effective damage to eyeball monsters of all things?

Also, does the final boss of chapter 6 count as a "god" for Marth and Alm's Falchions?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

12 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Implying the sort of the people who would be involved in looking over the script for content of this nature would even care about this point.

...What the actual garbage am I reading? I get the idea behind Lucina's Falchion not dealing effective damage to monsters in general or gods but it doesn't even deal effective damage to Draco Zombies? And Marth's Falchion doesn't either but it does deal effective damage to eyeball monsters of all things?

Also, does the final boss of nchapter 6 count as a "god" for Marth and Alm's Falchions?

Spoiler

Yes. He counts as a "fell god" or "fell dragon." Same concept as Duma.

3 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Also, I'm assuming that the final boss of chapter 6 also counts as a "god"?

Yes, you assume correctly.

Renown details

Internet, StreetPass and SpotPass communications are all present. Not 100% sure of details though.

Internet is used for accessing DLC and uploading Renown.

StreetPass seems to be like Awakening? You can set a profile. Players appear somewhere and you can fight them. Could be leftover data from Fates though.

SpotPass is used for boring stuff, I think, like sharing gameplay info. Didn't really look into it much TBH.

24 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Also, does the final boss of chapter 6 count as a "god" for Marth and Alm's Falchions?

As far as I'm aware, there's no "effective vs Dragons" skills aside from Godslayer (which is just "can KO Duma/the constrct" rather than a damage multiplier) on Marth/Alm's Falchion, the Binding Blade and Nosferatu anyway.

I'm still a bit puzzled by Lucina's Falchion not having Godslayer, though, considering it and Marth's Falchion are technically the same sword at different times.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

As far as I'm aware, there's no "effective vs Dragons" skills aside from Godslayer (which is just "can KO Duma/the constrct" rather than a damage multiplier) on Marth/Alm's Falchion, the Binding Blade and Nosferatu anyway.

I'm still a bit puzzled by Lucina's Falchion not having Godslayer, though, considering it and Marth's Falchion are technically the same sword at different times.

Maybe because it's partially sealed? That's all I can guess.

9 hours ago, RainThunder said:

I'm not sure if someone have done this before, but here is the full credits: https://pastebin.com/gya6k7Cz

Wait... Kusakihara... is the game director? Ah... huh.

34 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Maybe because it's partially sealed? That's all I can guess.

Wait... Kusakihara... is the game director? Ah... huh.

Do they mean art director? Or project director? Still that's interesting :P. Good to see a lot of Code name steam staff worked on SoV, I love their work, IS has quite the team haha :). 

Edit: the scenerio is written by one person this time! Maybe it'll be more coherent :P.

Edited by dap005

2 minutes ago, dap005 said:

Do they mean art director? Or project director? Still that's interesting :P. Good to see a lot of Code name steam staff worked on SoV, I love their work, IS has quite the team haha :). 

nah, the art director is someone else.

evidently, he's better at one than the other

Edited by unique

17 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Starting to add the weapon icons. Forgot about those.

Thanks for these! I expect to see that Falchion on the main page next to Echoes button some time in the near future.,Without a better picture of it, it looks like a mix of the version depicted in the art of the DS remakes and the one from Awakening. Kriemhild looks awesome. Hopefully it's not an enemy's Pref. weapon.

3 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

Does anyone have links to the generic enemy portraits? I know it was posted earlier but I can't find it now

26 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

There's a few on the Fire Emblem Wiki.

^^^

38 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

There's a few on the Fire Emblem Wiki.

Huh. There's generic female units of the cavalier line. Female Paladins seem to be going pantsless, unfortunately.

The most interesting portraits to me are the

second Berkut portrait and the Ghost and Fake Celica ones.

BTW, a better link: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Category:Shadows_of_Valentia_portraits

4 minutes ago, Kendall said:

Kinda surprised the max HP is 52...and the numbers look pretty even across the board. But it looks like I'm reclassing Tobin into an archer

In Gaiden, max stats are 52 for HP and 40 for other stats.

So it's the same thing here, but characters have minor variations.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

In Gaiden, max stats are 52 for HP and 40 for other stats.

So it's the same thing here, but characters have minor variations.

Okay, thanks for explaining! I haven't played Gaiden so I was surprised