Data-mined Information (SPOILERS; please read first post)

What data do you want to see first?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Preliminary data

• Character Max Stats
    • Weapon + Item Data
    • Skill Data
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Sorry, map sprites are more annoying than I thought. No idea how to properly re-attach the heads : /

Class introductions added

Yar, I made an oversight with Zeke's Gold Knight sprite. For one, he has a unique sprite indeed.

We ask for one tiny sprite. You give them all and more. You know how to spoil us, don't cha ? Thanks !

So to get a Witch, we need to sacrifice a woman for the church of Duma. Faye, c'mere.
I'm sorta puzzled by the renaming of Water Dragons. Calling Dragons, Dagons. :p
"Apparenlty tasty". love that titbit though

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

We ask for one tiny sprite. You give them all and more. You know how to spoil us, don't cha ? Thanks !

So to get a Witch, we need to sacrifice a woman for the church of Duma. Faye, c'mere.
I'm sorta puzzled by the renaming of Water Dragons. Calling Dragons, Dagons. :p
"Apparenlty tasty". love that titbit though

Portrait_marla_fe15.pngPortrait_heste_fe15.pngPortrait_juda_fe15.png

I wonder if the Shamans and Sorcerers are physically altered given their similar appearance? I can definitely see people like Juda jumping at the chance to be reborn by Duma's power.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

44 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

- There are at least 8 maps per character in every chapter (not counting dungeons). Chapter 1 is Alm only, and Chapter 2 is Celica only. Starting from Chapter 3 you control both armies. There is a total of 5 chapters, plus an additional Chapter 6 added in the remake with a few more maps and a postgame dungeon.

- Definitely don't expect Conquest-like maps. Gaiden maps are more similar to Awakening (open maps with few chokepoints). They kept the exact same maps for Echoes, so they're completely unchanged from the original (try googling some Gaiden maps if you're curious).

- I don't know if true hit rate is there honestly, but in Gaiden you used to miss a lot due to massive terrain bonuses (up to 60% evasion in some cases). This is slightly improved in the remake thanks to the addition of supports.

- Yes, you can revisit dungeons for grinding anytime.

- You don't have to pay or use an item. Enemies respawn by themselves on the map. Alternatively, you can also rebattle them in dungeons whenever you want to.

Thanks for your answer. 

11 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Double post mistake.

Portrait_nuibaba_fe15.pngPortrait_michael_fe15.pngPortrait_ganeph_fe15.png

Now that its here, I'll do some more comparisons. Basically every Sorcerer, Witch, and Shaman has purple skin.

Nuibaba's isn't quite the same shade as the others, plus she has normal eyes.

Makes sense, as IIRC she doesn't get her powers from Duma?

10 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Nuibaba's isn't quite the same shade as the others, plus she has normal eyes.

Makes sense, as IIRC she doesn't get her powers from Duma?

She still has horns and pointy ears.

You are correct, Nuibaba's power comes from Medusa.

The cruelest of fate. They gradualy become elves from World of Warcraft. :p
No seriously, they look like it.

Except the horned one,but shhh. :p

Edited by B.Leu

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

She still has horns and pointy ears.

The horns look to me like part of a headdress.

You are correct, Nuibaba's power comes from Medusa.

Yes....though Ganeph also had the Medusa spell in the final chapter and he looks like all the other Duma priests now, so who knows.

18 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

The horns look to me like part of a headdress.

Portrait_nuibaba_status_fe15.png

I initially thought they were growing out of the side of her head, but you could be right about them coming from the circlet.

18 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Yes....though Ganeph also had the Medusa spell in the final chapter and he looks like all the other Duma priests now, so who knows.

I think sometimes mass redesigns cause those things to happen.

Portrait_tatra_fe15.pngPortrait_dolk_fe15.png

By the way, the other Duma spell casters.

21 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

The cruelest of fate. They gradualy become elves from World of Warcraft. :p

In World of Warcraft, Night Elves had yellow eyes rather white or black eyes.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

3 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Portrait_nuibaba_status_fe15.png

I initially thought they were growing out of the side of her head, but you could be right about them coming from the circlet.

I think sometimes mass redesigns cause those things to happen.

Portrait_tatra_fe15.pngPortrait_dolk_fe15.png

By the way, the other Duma spell casters.

In World of Warcraft, Night Elves had yellow eyes rather white or black eyes.

Fookin' knife ears. Why can't they just leave us humans alone?

Videos of Chapter 6's final dungeon have been released.

Dungeon

Spoiler

Final Boss

Spoiler

A Reddit user did a review on the game; long story short, according to the user, the presentation is great but the gameplay is among the worst in the series.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Dungeon

Reveal hidden contents

Final Boss

Reveal hidden contents

A Reddit user did a review on the game; long story short, according to the user, the presentation is great but the gameplay is among the worst in the series.

Looks like the super dungeon that you tipically find in your tipical RPG. I like it.

Also, Grima here definitely looks intimidating. Like, really intimidating.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Mini Grima is pretty cool : P

Completed world map

I know this has been already said too many times, but I'm really happy that we have an actual world map again.

What ?! xD
'A fell dragon produced by god's power and angst'.

Good grief, Grima and his army are being walked over by the player, it's Awakening all over again. What's up with those stats ?

Also, I noted that Catria did not looked like Catria imo.
Still pretty.

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Dungeon

Reveal hidden contents

Final Boss

Reveal hidden contents

There were multiple, more favorable reviews/impressions of the game before then on the subreddit and elsewhere; they're just circlejerking around the hate train. Shame how the one negative review is the one that picks up steam (at least multiple people called out his ORKO fetish).

Also, I find it odd in the videos how Grey and Saber were kept as mid-tier classes.

6 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I honestly believe Gaiden's (and Echoes's) gameplay is one of the most unique in JRPG history, even more than Sacred Stones, which was watered down to GBA games' standards. Spending HP instead of MP for spells and skills make it very apparent that it has to be spent scarcely and carefully and most JRPGs don't dare to take such risk (the risk being too dangerous or too difficult).

I won't be moved by negative reviews; I know Gaiden has amazing potential, and that Echoes has unleashed that potential! ... I just think it doesn't suit his tastes, is all. But I appreciate the honest reviews and his courage. No one has to hate the user for confessing his personal thoughts. It only confirms that this game is not for everyone.

Edited by Lyrai

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

There were multiple, more favorable reviews/impressions of the game before then on the subreddit and elsewhere; they're just circlejerking around the hate train. Shame how the one negative review is the one that picks up steam (at least multiple people called out his ORKO fetish).

Honestly, I read his complaints over the gameplay, but it didn't bother me at all lol. To be honest, it makes me more excited. I'm okay with having to switch around units, lack of ORKO, not being able to warp characters super far, enemies having high HP/Defenses, all the nerfs, etc. etc.

Seriously though, his negative review made me more pumped haha.

Spoiler

Also I love his complaints about Ch.6. It comes off as him whining about how difficult it is due to lack of evading Dragonskin, Grima having 185 HP and being able to heal a bit everyturn. Like, I dunno about anyone else but that sounds like an amazing final map. It seems like a legit boss fight and I really like that.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Also, I find it odd in the videos how Grey and Saber were kept as mid-tier classes.

He's not wrong, the majority of his complaints are true. While the presentation of the game is quite nice, as he and several other people have already said, the gameplay is rather bland/tedious. I personally don't mind because I love the original Gaiden and like grinding to a certain extent. Just about everything he says holds true, there is literally evidence to back up the chapter 6 complaints in a video.

Also I agree, cavalier Grey is pretty odd.

Edited by Indifferent

5 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Honestly, I read his complaints over the gameplay, but it didn't bother me at all lol. To be honest, it makes me more excited. I'm okay with having to switch around units, lack of ORKO, not being able to warp characters super far, enemies having high HP/Defenses, all the nerfs, etc. etc.

Seriously though, his negative review made me more pumped haha.

Hide contents

Also I love his complaints about Ch.6. It comes off as him whining about how difficult it is due to lack of evading Dragonskin, Grima having 185 HP and being able to heal a bit everyturn. Like, I dunno about anyone else but that sounds like an amazing final map. It seems like a legit boss fight and I really like that.

There's also video footage showing that even with the player's units stat capped and playing on Normal difficulty, Grima basically 2HKOs any of the playable units though the strategy for defeating Grima would just devolve into dogpiling Grima and hope it dies in 1 turn. There's also Medusa-users on the map, making the map more dangerous for those who intend to keep all of their units alive.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

There's also video footage showing that even with your units stat capped and playing on Normal difficulty, Grima basically 2HKOs any of your units though the strategy for defeating Grima would just devolve into dogpiling Grima and hope it dies in 1 turn. There's also Medusa-users on the map, making the map more dangerous for those who intend to keep all of their units alive.

Still sounds fun, haha. I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit. Lunatic sounds like it'll be pretty great.

4 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Still sounds fun, haha. I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit. Lunatic sounds like it'll be pretty great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we have a Lunatic mode. Only Normal and Hard.

I hope I'm wrong tbh.

Just now, Gennerson said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we have a Lunatic mode. Only Normal and Hard.

I hope I'm wrong tbh.

Lunatic is coded into the game, although I've read that it's not accessible at the moment. Perhaps it'll become available when the game officially launches?