When to re-class in Conquest

Quiver

I've started playing through Conquest after beating Birthright, and I was wondering if I could get some quick pointers on something: when is it a good time to re-class characters?

During Birthright, I maxed characters out before swapping their classes. Obviously, doing things that way involved doing some grinding between missions and feeding enemies to characters to max out their weapon skills and experience.

I don't think that's really going to be an option in the Conquest route. I'm still pretty early on it, but I'm wondering when would be a good time to start using seals and shuffling classes around.

(Particularly for Mozu. She's starting to get decent and be able to score some kills as a villager, but I'm wondering what the best level range to drop a seal on her would be.)

I've played through Conquest four times, and each time I did what you did for Birthright, i.e. maxing a character's base class before promoting them. It depends on your playstyle IMO; whenever I play any Fire Emblem I usually have just a small pool of characters that I use so they get all the EXP they need anyways.

Depends on the Difficulty your playing on. But for Conquest I think its best to wait to get to level 20 and then use a Seal to promote them. Since there isn't any grinding you can do in Conquest apart from the DLC Boo Camp it might be hard getting everyone to level 20 before promoting but since this is Conquest and the closer you get to the endgame the harder it gets to complete the maps having high stat promoted units helps a lot. Also I would recommend getting Aptitude as early on in the game as you can. You can just search Castle Names "Aptitude" and find most of the characters there. Good luck with your Conquest play-through. ;)

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

I've started playing through Conquest after beating Birthright, and I was wondering if I could get some quick pointers on something: when is it a good time to re-class characters?

During Birthright, I maxed characters out before swapping their classes. Obviously, doing things that way involved doing some grinding between missions and feeding enemies to characters to max out their weapon skills and experience.

I don't think that's really going to be an option in the Conquest route. I'm still pretty early on it, but I'm wondering when would be a good time to start using seals and shuffling classes around.

(Particularly for Mozu. She's starting to get decent and be able to score some kills as a villager, but I'm wondering what the best level range to drop a seal on her would be.)

The best time to seal mozu is the moment you can seal mozu.

Early game you can just lean on strong units and do whatever you like to build up skillsets, weapon rank, and stats. Seals are limitedish here but not terribly so if you're willing to use non-heart seals.

Past early game you want to be in the best class for the segment of the game you're in with very short dips into other classes for skills Shigure/Dwyer/Kana's paralouges are ideal for this.

Edited by joshcja