10 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

That wasn't even a mistranslation, they purposefully changed several references to other FE games in the translation for some reason.

Probably to show how the true facts of history gets thoroughly muddled in the ravages of time and oral tradition.

(Or to put it in another way: Leanne and Naesala's story and likely the whole period of Tellius has become romanticized.)

Edited by Folt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have one comment on this subject, and it's not an inconsistency or anything

they call naga a king in fe11/12 but she's very feminine looking awakening

thats not an actual issue since fe4 says she's a woman i just thought it was weird

edit: oh fuck me in the time it took for me to write this it was already brought up and discussed

Edited by unique

1 hour ago, unique said:

i have one comment on this subject, and it's not an inconsistency or anything

they call naga a king in fe11/12 but she's very feminine looking awakening

thats not an actual issue since fe4 says she's a woman i just thought it was weird

The Japanese language has a lot more gender neutral terms than the English language.

Just now, RedEyedDrake said:

The Japanese language has a lot more gender neutral terms than the English language.

Not to go off subject, but why can't all languages be like this???? I feel really bad for nb people who speak French, cause there's no neutral pronouns at all.

Okay, but back to FE. I still don't get the name changes with the continent.

On 4/3/2017 at 9:04 PM, AzureSen said:

This, pretty much. So either he doesn't know how Falchion works, or he's planning to use Elise against Medeus. And for that matter, what does he even need Aum for anyway? He can apparently rip out his own soul and put it in the Darksphere and have a bunch of evil priests revive his body, so what he would want with it is a mystery.

That chapter is explicitly said to take place in an alternate universe, so presumably it's that universe's Falchion (and Nagi giving him that Falchion is explicitly non-canon anyway).

Once again, that isn't what is being said there at all.

Also, Gharnef's soul ending up inside the Darksphere is something that happened involuntarily as a result of Starlight killing him after he created the Imhullu Tome. And no, he can't just have a bunch of his followers revive his body. If he could he wouldn't be stuck as a ghost after the War of Shadows.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Just now, IcyHeroGamer said:

Chrom's also kinda not very smart, as we all know.

.....The dude is a Naga damned encyclopedia on Archanea, Valentia, Judgral, Tellius, and even fucking Hoshido and Nohr.

Where is this not being smart coming from, because he at the very least took enough history classes to the point that him not knowing about Elibe and Magvel is damning enough evidence to suggest they're alternate universes.

Unless you're suggesting everyone just knows as common knowledge

Just now, RedEyedDrake said:

Once again, that isn't what is being said there at all.

Also, Gharnef's soul ending up inside the Darksphere is something that happened involuntarily as a result of him dying after creating the Imhullu Tome. And no, he can't just have a bunch of his followers revive his body. If he could he wouldn't be stuck as a ghost after the War of Shadows.

Do keep in mind the resurrection was interrupted by Merric; they were TRYING to revive him in a proper body, unless I'm misinterpreting Ellerean looking at a corpse and saying they'd create a monster in Gharnef's likeness, but Merric fucked it up and left him as a phantom

Just now, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Where is this not being smart coming from

"HEY, LET'S TOTALLY BRING THE FIRE EMBLEM, IT'S TOTALLY NOT A TRAP OR ANYTHING AND VALIDAR'S GONNA STEAL IT, RIGHT, HAHAH"

I just... really don't like Chrom...

1 minute ago, IcyHeroGamer said:

"HEY, LET'S TOTALLY BRING THE FIRE EMBLEM, IT'S TOTALLY NOT A TRAP OR ANYTHING AND VALIDAR'S GONNA STEAL IT, RIGHT, HAHAH"

I just... really don't like Chrom...

He had the good sense to swap the orbs for fakes at least. He had to at least try and get Sable/The Darksphere.

And I don't like him very much either once Gangrel is defeated the first time. But saying he's dumb feels like a stretch to me; Ike strikes me as less intelligent.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

1 hour ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Do keep in mind the resurrection was interrupted by Merric; they were TRYING to revive him in a proper body, unless I'm misinterpreting Ellerean looking at a corpse and saying they'd create a monster in Gharnef's likeness, but Merric fucked it up and left him as a phantom

If the process was as simple as that he would have simply had his followers try again. And yet he doesn't. I always got the impression that said followers were acting on their own in trying to resurrect their leader.

Just now, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

He had the good sense to swap the orbs for fakes at least.

But in the end, it never even mattered, since Grima just freaking awakened himself, because who cares about a plot that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

If the process was as simple as that he would have simply had his followers try again. And yet he doesn't. I always got the impression that said followers were acting on their own in trying to resurrect their leader.

Why would he? He's back and he can fuck up Hardin's day, so I feel like not having a body is just a minor annoyance to him.

He's back and I doubt he cares about not having a body since he is still physical enough to interact with things.

Why would he? He's back and he can fuck up Hardin's day, so I feel like not having a body is just a minor annoyance to him.

He's back and I doubt he cares about not having a body.

Him having a physical body would be insurance against getting destroyed as a ghost. That alone would be reason enough to try again.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Chrom reacts to Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel and Tellius in more or less the exact same way.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

1 minute ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

He's back and I doubt he cares about not having a body.

He'd need a body to even be able to give it to Hardin though, wouldn't he?

1 hour ago, IcyHeroGamer said:

He'd need a body to even be able to give it to Hardin though, wouldn't he?

Surely he could just disguise himself somehow. Like by wearing a cloak. Which is what official FE12 art shows. And if he's solid enough to hold the Falchion then he is solid enough to wear a cloak.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

1 hour ago, IcyHeroGamer said:

There might also be more that I'm missing about the stuff between Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, cause I've yet to play the Archanea Saga, and I REALLY need to.

That stuff takes place between Marth's exile and Marth's departure from Talys. It is the three DLC missions for FE12 that happen between the War of Shadows and the War of Heroes.

Just now, IcyHeroGamer said:

There might also be more that I'm missing about the stuff between Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, cause I've yet to play the Archanea Saga, and I REALLY need to.

if you've played FE12, the bonus missions (not the wifi ones) are remakes of the archanea saga maps

so if you've done those you've pretty much played it

6 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Him having a physical body would be insurance against getting destroyed as a ghost. That alone would be reason enough to try again.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Chrom reacts to Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel and Tellius in more or less the exact same way.

Wrong. He actually expresses ambiguous dis familiarity with Elibe and Magvel, and ONLY during the DLC. He expresses familiarity with Jugdral, Tellius, and Archanea as historical fact during the main story, and it's shown through numerous support convos (Including one that mentions an ancient Serenes Massacre) that they're all one world seperated by time gaps. Jugdral and Archanea were already confirmed one world anyway since Loptyr is Archanean in origin.

The Japanese script straight up insinuates Tellius and Jugdral are either one and the same or both close to Archanea, thus making it basically canon Ike (or his descendants) sails to Archanea or what will become it.

Just now, unique said:

if you've played FE12, the bonus missions (not the wifi ones) are remakes of the archanea saga maps

so if you've done those you've pretty much played it

Trust me, I've played FE 12; it's my favourite by miles. But I've simply never gotten around to the bonus missions.

Wrong. He actually expresses ambiguous dis familiarity with Elibe and Magvel, and ONLY during the DLC.

I explicitly remember him using the term "from Magvelian lore", just as he does with the other settings.

1 minute ago, RedEyedDrake said:

That stuff takes place between Marth's exile and Marth's departure from Talys. It is the three DLC missions for FE12 that happen between the War of Shadows and the War of Heroes.

The DLC missions are a prequel to FE12's Prologue taking place after Echoes, the 4 BSFE Maps take place between the Prologue of Fe11 and Marth Embarks

The DLC missions are a prequel to FE12's Prologue taking place after Echoes, the 4 BSFE Maps take place between the Prologue of Fe11 and Marth Embarks

...Yes, that is what I said?

5 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

I explicitly remember him using the term "from Magvelian lore", just as he does with the other settings.

This is only AFTER he has it explained to him by Old Hubba; prior to this point in the DLC he just sort of doesn't seem to know about Magvel or Elibe.

Furthing this, the Elibe Regalia are locked to Outrealm chapters or chapters with a character from an Outrealm (Yen Fey)

Not that this is news, IS confirmed Jugdral and Archanea were the same world and insinuated Tellius was as well before FE13 was even a twinkle in their eye. FE14 being Pre Tellius Flood works based on the Japanese script and explains why they're mere myths that Chrom doesn't think are factual, but are still aware of (And the whole Rhajat reincarnates into Tharja and Corrin reincarnates into Robin that we get pretty explicitly in the Japanese script which wouldn't make any sense in different worlds) compared to Tellius (Yllise has outright devotees of Ashera iirc, along with the Goddess/Ashera Staff) and Elibe/Magvel (which again he is blissfully ignorant of until Old Hubba explains them to him in Champions of Yore)