@Pikappa93 No, I got it off twitter from @theprinceofiris.

Though I do hope someone streams eventually.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

Honestly, as long as they got rid of the duplicate maps, I can live with this.

I'm afraid they didn't :/ in one of the last trailers Zeke's recruitment map looked exactly like this... like in the original Gaiden.

Honesty, I don't think maps like this one are a big deal.

Sure, it could and maybe should be better, but when played, this map just has the two armies farther apart for 2 or 3 turns, and then everything continues as normal.

It's not like this map is a 30 min long hell filled with ridiculous enemy density and an annoying map gimmick. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

This map was a borderline meme even before Echoes was announced. I'm baffled they kept it.

Maybe it's proof of their dedication to the memelords of the fandom.

Also, holy shit XD

Quality map design.

1 minute ago, Megapikman132 said:

It's not like this map is a 30 min long hell filled with ridiculous enemy density and an annoying map gimmick. 

Having played Gaiden, I'd take this over Revelation any day.

3 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

I'm afraid they didn't :/ in one of the last trailers Zeke's recruitment map looked exactly like this... like in the original Gaiden.

Even with this, I can't really get all that annoyed. It would have been nice if we could have gotten more map variety, but that was pretty low on my personal list of things that Echoes needed to fix, and it fixed pretty much everything else, so same-y maps is a decent trade-off.

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

Even with this, I can't really get all that annoyed. It would have been nice if we could have gotten more map variety, but that was pretty low on my personal list of things that Echoes needed to fix, and it fixed pretty much everything else, so same-y maps is a decent trade-off.

This is why I'm looking forward to seeing new maps in Chapter 6.

For this map in particular, there aren't many enemies, and the go to strat is to move/warp someone with high defence, like Lukas, onto the bridge to choke it. I do believe said bridges, like floor tiles in gaiden, give 20 avoid, but I could be wrong. Then just keep squishy units like silk away from the front or on one of the few trees.

With the improved UI and Speed of the remake, this map may take 4-5 min tops on a first playthrough, and maybe even faster without animations.

1 minute ago, Megapikman132 said:

With the improved UI and Speed of the remake, this map may take 4-5 min tops on a first playthrough, and maybe even faster without animations.

yeah this is generally how I feel about it

new maps would've been cool but the old ones won't be nearly as bad with all the stuff they've added, as well as the stuff that naturally come with a remake like this, like the improved UI and such

Getting towards the end of Chapter 1 and the maps are very Gaiden.

It's expected, really. It wasn't really going to change without completely reworking maps into something they aren't.

Edited by Tryhard

23 minutes ago, Megapikman132 said:

Honesty, I don't think maps like this one are a big deal.

Sure, it could and maybe should be better, but when played, this map just has the two armies farther apart for 2 or 3 turns, and then everything continues as normal.

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Maybe it's proof of their dedication to the memelords of the fandom.

Also, holy shit XD

Quality map design.

Having played Gaiden, I'd take this over Revelation any day.

Tbf, I've seen worse - I raise you Thracia chapter 24x. Or FE4 in general.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

17 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Tbf, I've seen worse - I raise you Thracia chapter 24x. Or FE4 in general.

TO BE FAIR, 24x would've been significantly less dickish without the trap teleport points you'd have no way of knowing about otherwise. FoW was already annoying, but it's doable.

Slightly disappointing, but expected.

To be fair, the maps should be less of a hassle with modern FE's sped up gameplay.

Also, about Chapter 6. It looks like...

First half is all boats, second half is all dungeon. Granted, they could be well made boats and dungeons.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Slightly disappointing, but expected.

To be fair, the maps should be less of a hassle with modern FE's sped up gameplay.

Also, about Chapter 6. It looks like...

Hide contents

First half is all boats, second half is all dungeon. Granted, they could be well made boats and dungeons.

*Insert Ghast saying 'Boat Maps'*