[SPOILERS] Supports You're Excited For

8 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Here is the translated supports. Someone also translated some of the endings here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/636unt/translation_for_a_few_supports_and_raw_endings/

The Grey ending with Tobin dead and Clair alive makes me sad but smile. Maybe I'll kill off Tobin just for it. lol

Oh thank God. They're sticking with Gaiden's horribly depressing endings, and actually making them more depressing(See: Clive).

The Tobin/Gray/Clair death endings are still hardcore as fuck.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Oh thank God. They're sticking with Gaiden's horribly depressing endings, and actually making them more depressing(See: Clive).

The Tobin/Gray/Clair death endings are still hardcore as fuck.

I like how so many of them are depressing and Kliff just leaves, gets laid, and comes back with a child.

Ergh, I don't really like the ending with Tatiana if Zeke dies.

Just now, KongDude88 said:

I like how so many of them are depressing and Kliff just leaves, gets laid, and comes back with a child.

Ergh, I don't really like the ending with Tatiana if Zeke dies.

Yeah. That one's a bit harsh for FE's most prevalent character.

On the inverse, it almost seems like the Zeke ending where Tatiana dies is canon, given the other Zeke ending cannot actually be true for FE3/12.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

On the inverse, it almost seems like the Zeke ending where Tatiana dies is canon, given the other Zeke ending cannot actually be true for FE3/12.

How so? SIrius's dialogue to Nyna heavily implies Tatiana is alive. I don't think they'd retcon it.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How so? SIrius's dialogue to Nyna heavily implies Tatiana is alive. I don't think they'd retcon it.

Really? Because the Zeke ending where Tatiana lives seems to imply that Camus stays in Valentia, and straight up says he never even tries to remember his past self.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

Really? Because the Zeke ending where Tatiana lives seems to imply that Camus stays in Valentia, and never even tries to remember his past self.

No, it's outright said his memories return. And it also states he'd "leave, but always come back". That's actually new to the remake, compared to the original, that just states he never spoke of his past.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

No, it's outright said his memories return. And it also states he'd "leave, but always come back". That's actually new to the remake, compared to the original, that just states he never spoke of his past.

Ah, then I must have missed the new addition.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's not new, actuallly. This is Gaiden's ending for Zeke

In the midst of a violent battle, his memories returned.

However, perhaps for the sake of Tatiana, whom he had fallen in love with,

Or perhaps because his past overflowed with great tragedy,

There was much he never revealed...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It is. In Tatiana's ending, admitedly.

Woops, thought you were talking about his memories not coming back. My bad!

In which case yeah, combined with his FE3 """"ending""": "After the war, Sirius left without saying a word..." implies he probably left Tatiana for FE3 reasons then came back to Valencia

Sigh a bit sad to hear the supports are short because I was and still am hoping for conversations to add depth to the world. My favorite supports are the ones with the meeting of differing ideologies explaining to the other side or ones that reveal key details about the world such as how people think act etc. 

As for the actual convos I'll skip them until the game actually comes out :) (namely I want to see how the official translations differ and compare the two with as little bias as possible)

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

Woops, thought you were talking about his memories not coming back. My bad!

In which case yeah, combined with his FE3 """"ending""": "After the war, Sirius left without saying a word..." implies he probably left Tatiana for FE3 reasons then came back to Valencia

This is probably the case.

And now that I think about it, it makes much more sense than the ending where Tatiana dies, which implies he goes to Archanea and stays there for the rest of his life.

Hmmm I've read the currently translated supports, and wow, they're short. But we do have base conversations, so maybe that'll also help flesh out the characters.

3/4 of the pairings I put in my OP have been translated, and has convinced me of this

Spoiler

Any female mage can whip out insults like she can whip out spells (Delthea ain't holding shit back, oh at all)

You can say you don't trust someone, but say you look like their parent, OH HELL NO

Poor Nyna

I'm fine with minimal supports, as long as they're interesting and aren't too joke-y. I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of the ones that were confirmed, like Mycen's with Alm. (I know I could probably find them somewhere but I'm waiting until release) 

As for length, I'm fine with it as I'm hopeful the base conversations will help add to the cast. I think too little is better then too much in this case, anyways, as otherwise characters become too focused on one or two things, like some of the characters in previous titles.

from a leaked video i saw a support between kliff and tobin. it seems like supports this time will be fully voiced out... maybe that's why they're shorter than usual

9 hours ago, Tsak said:

from a leaked video i saw a support between kliff and tobin. it seems like supports this time will be fully voiced out... maybe that's why they're shorter than usual

I just saw it in Linkmstr's vid. Man they're going all out with voices this time. I hope they continue doing this more in future games.

I read the translated Delthea/Clair support. It was cute.

I've liked most of what I've read. There's nothing too in-depth, but it's good all the same. These aren't exactly super complicated characters here, they don't exactly need college essay length supports.

I'm guessing some of the pairings like Jesse/Silk and Celica/Villagers will either happen in Chapter 6 or they're fixed/bond supports. Edit: Or the "kill/revive to trade units" trick is alive and well.

Edit 2: Something else I noticed...

Sonya/Deen not being able to support seems to confirm you can't recruit both of them, if that wasn't confirmed already.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Personally, short supports aren't bad - FE7 had some relatively short supports iirc, but they were still very good. It totally depends on the actual writing lol. Alm/Faye seems pretty disappointing, but here's to hoping it's one of the few "bad" supports in a sea of good ones.

i don't think these supports are really meant to offer much anyway, they're probably just there to add bits of dialogue to the support bonuses (like radiant dawn but slightly more fun)

like keep in mind that there'd be voice acting so you'd actually be hearing these short conversations

i'm guessing most of the dialogue that actually adds to the characters will be in the story and the base conversations and such

I'm sure part of the reason why supports are so short is because they're voice acted. That stuff's expensive.

Still hoping Alm and Mycen's support will be great. 

Minor, vague spoilers:

Spoiler

Mycen and Celica have a really cute interaction in the prologue. 

Mycen is shaping up to be one heck of a badass grandpa.

11 minutes ago, karasu3 said:

I assume this is the best thread to post this so if anyone's curious I've translated a couple supports here:

pastebin.com/u/zigludo

That Palla/Est support at the end...

Knowing that Palla's love chooses Est and that Est dies/flees from the world in the next few years makes it feel like a bit of a kicker.

Edited by The DanMan

13 minutes ago, karasu3 said:

I assume this is the best thread to post this so if anyone's curious I've translated a couple supports here:

pastebin.com/u/zigludo

Thanks for the translations!

Clive and Mathilda seem to get along really well, don't they?

Also, I kinda like Kliff and Tobin's conversations. I'm familiar with the feeling of being a little inferior compared to friends/family. Luckily that's something I got over.