[SPOILERS] Supports You're Excited For

19 minutes ago, karasu3 said:

I assume this is the best thread to post this so if anyone's curious I've translated a couple supports here:

pastebin.com/u/zigludo

thanks

edit: holy shit leon's gay

nice

Edited by unique

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one part of Alm and Mycen's conversation up, but I really like it so far. It was the support I was the most excited for, especially now that it seems they've really turned up Mycen's badassery to 11 in this game. Edit: oh okay, wow, that was all of it. Well, it's very short, but still good.

Now, should I spoil myself on the rest...

Edit: okay, so I went ahead and read another one of Faye's supports, and if Gaiden didn't have so few units, I don't think I would've ever used her.

Edited by Thane

1 minute ago, Thane said:

There's only one part of Alm and Mycen's conversation up, but I really like it so far. It was the support I was the most excited for, especially now that it seems they've really turned up Mycen's badassery to 11 in this game.

Now, should I spoil myself on the rest...

I didn't title them C-A but that's all parts. The supports are just really short. They probably talk in chapters too but I haven't gotten there yet.

5 minutes ago, karasu3 said:

I didn't title them C-A but that's all parts. The supports are just really short. They probably talk in chapters too but I haven't gotten there yet.

I edited my post when I noticed. I was just taken off guard by how short the supports were, haha. Still, thank you for your effort; I really liked Alm and Mycen's support. 

Also, Clive and Mathilda are scary and adorable at the same time. I love it.

Edited by Thane

Well, for one thing, I'm just glad that supports seem to be more limited.  Not so much like New Mystery where you had, say, Marth only supporting two characters, but rather you have the major characters support a decent amount, and some of the more minor characters only support one or two.  Not everyone needs to support everyone, and I think this list is alright.

I'm a bit mixed on having fully voiced lines everywhere, though.  I did miss having the ad-libs for supports in Awakening (Tharja's girly giggles were legendary), but I think them being entirely voiced definitely puts a strain on resources and time.  As a result, the supports are cut down in length.  I think if literally every single line of dialogue is voiced, then there's not too much more we can hope for with base convos.  Though then again, I may be proven wrong.

On the other hand, with some writing finesse, you can make short and simple dialogues really good.  If the writers are getting challenged with the limited amount of supports, that might spur them to produce high quality content.  I know that Nintendo often puts out some quality stuff when push comes to shove.

But back to topic at hand...  I am looking forward to Mycen the Mustache's supports.  I've always liked him.  I want to see the Whitewings interact too, obviously.  I'll also be looking out for meme team, Mae 'cuz I'm already charmed by what I've seen of her, Zeke's support line, and Clive's supports.

Edited by Ertrick36

12 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I did miss having the ad-libs for supports in Fates (Tharja's girly giggles were legendary), but I think them being entirely voiced definitely puts a strain on resources and time. 

Pretty sure you meant Awakening because Fates was silent. I think voice acting adds a lot, especially if they pull it off well. With the voices I've heard, I'm pretty pumped for it.

13 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Pretty sure you meant Awakening because Fates was silent. I think voice acting adds a lot, especially if they pull it off well. With the voices I've heard, I'm pretty pumped for it.

Yeah, whoops.  Edited my comment.

I feel voice acting can help...  But it can only go so far, at least for me.  A good VA can bring one's attention to the better points of the writing and let them forget about the bad stuff, but if there's nothing good there in the first place, then the acting isn't suddenly gonna make it seem good.

I mean, from what I hear of Faye's supports with Alm, I don't think any amount of good voice acting will make me like it.  Then again, the localization team always seems to change things, even if only slightly.  And some people can exaggerate the truth, so maybe some bits won't be as bad as they say.  After all, if I listened to everything people on SF said about Fates prior to its American release, or what the Smash fandom said about Awakening, I might not have tried either game.

I'm looking forward to gray/clair, gray/tobin, gray/kliff lots of gray supports
mostly the villagers are what i'm looking forward to, although lukas/forsyth/python trio is something i'm excited to see as well.

and mycen/faye, but i'm slightly worried bc her other supports haven't been the best imo...

10 minutes ago, Shadowess said:

I'm looking forward to gray/clair, gray/tobin, gray/kliff lots of gray supports
mostly the villagers are what i'm looking forward to, although lukas/forsyth/python trio is something i'm excited to see as well.

and mycen/faye, but i'm slightly worried bc her other supports haven't been the best imo...

mycen: hi, i've raised alm my entire life

faye: did someone say aLM

3 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

mycen: hi, i've raised alm my entire life

faye: did someone say aLM

i mean from what I can tell he raised faye too so I feel like it'll play out more like lilina and marcus' supports where it'll still end up centering around alm

anyway i don't really dislike faye or her supports, I don't feel like I have enough to judge any of the characters fully yet, but I do really feel like her support with alm couldve been so much better

like leon and valbar's support has the same general idea, but the A support is done so much better, since Leon actually accepts that Valbar won't ever feel the same way about him that he does, but at the same time he says that he doesn't regret falling in love

with alm and faye I feel like they were on the right track with faye actually telling alm but instead it just comes off as "faye i can't sorry" "YEAH OKAY THANKS ALM LOVE YOU"

i'm not trying to judge the supports too much here since they're clearly not meant to be a big thing but this one just seemed like it could've been so much better

A̶d̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶V̶a̶l̶b̶a̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶l̶o̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶L̶e̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶a̶s̶t̶e̶!̶

Edited by huythekirby

On 4/3/2017 at 5:46 PM, Almerson said:

AlmxFaye

I'm just hoping I get to see Alm destroy Faye's hopes. Not that I hate Faye or anything...

Oh my goodness I forgot about that.

Maybe we can decide the winner now...

Nope

You know, Faye is shaping up to be one of the creepiest character in entire FE series now. It is like she is designed as cute-looking girl but with overly strange and obsessive personality that no one would expect. I would love it if the writer actually intentionally writes her that way. It is kinda boring to see nice lovely childhood friend trope all the time.

31 minutes ago, GAIDENBRO said:

WHO DID THAT MISTAKE STEAL!?

I think it was Norne? I mean, she was a new character for SD as it is, so it's not like Kris was stomping on a relationship that's been established since the dawn of the franchise, but she says some things to Kris(Not even through supports) that make it sound like she loves Kris, even though supplementary materials said her and Draug were a thing.

5 minutes ago, Titamon said:

Leon and Kamui would make a cute couple

i dunno, their supports make it pretty clear that kamui's straight and leon isn't interested in kamui

i think they're better off just being buddies

1 hour ago, KongDude88 said:

I think it's funny how Alm is more comfortable talking to Clair than Faye. One has known him throughout childhood and the other had just barely met him.

"That's what I love about you." -Alm to Clair

How did that happen so fast

Faye stalks and takes him eating the rest of her bread as a sign that he wants to fuck her lol.

Different personalities, I suppose. Faye's always just been that obsessive girl who never talked to Alm, yet Clair's meant to be a sociable person in this iteration of her. Apparently, there are tons of dialogue outside supports so here's hoping that Faye gets at least some character development beyond her supports (Pls IS I want to see her and Silque's developing friendship after that A support, don't leave it hanging).

And woo that the writer handled Leon's character well from the little we've seen so far :).