What weapon should I give to my 5-star olivia?

Lunajack

I need about 2,500 more feathers to get my 4 star olivia to 5 stars, and her IVs are ATK+ and SPD-, and I was wondering what kind of weapon should I give her? here are my ideas:

Silver+: A strong, and cheapest to get, at the low, low price of 0 SP and 0 Feathers

Brave(+?): A weapon to make up for her lack of speed, making her attack twice, combined with her high attack this is a deadly combination, but can be stolen from Ogma, Draug and Cane.

Ruby(+?): A weapon that capitalizes on fighting Axe users, smiting them without much trouble, But blue users, and especially blue tome users such as BROdin dark, Linde and Robin can easily wipe her.

Armorslayer(+?): Damn, Hector is common, and replacing my (Y)Tiki with this new olivia is gonna be make fighting him a bit rougher, but this weapon can utterly destroy him like the young Tiki did.

I am also open to new ideas of what other weapons I should put on her. (and if you're gonna suggest killer's edge, keep in mind her skill is dragonic aura.)

images.jpg

I say Armorslayer if shes going to be your only red character, Brave if otherwise.

Though my input isn't worth much, Ive never used her for anything other than support.

1) There's an Ask A Question thread for questions like these, for future reference

2) I'd recommend keeping the Silver Sword but giving her Triangle Adept

This would give you the same amount of damage against greens like Hector (hilariously, it's enough to ORKO neutral Hector) as Ruby Sword+ and Atk+3 (or Fury 3) but is a lot cheaper because Olivia already comes with Silver Sword+

EDIT: For calcs: +Atk Olivia has 31 attack, which becomes 46 with a Silver Sword+. Triangle Adept 3 gives her a WTA multiplier of 1.4x instead of 1.2x for 64 effective damage on greens. Neutral Hector has 37 defense and 24 speed (so he'll get doubled even with -spd Olivia's 30 speed), so he'll get hit with 27 x 2 for 54 damage. He has 52 HP, so he'd go down in one round. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

1) There's an Ask A Question thread for questions like these, for future reference

2) I'd recommend keeping the Silver Sword but giving her Triangle Adept

This would give you the same amount of damage against greens like Hector (hilariously, it's enough to ORKO neutral Hector) as Ruby Sword+ and Atk+3 (or Fury 3) but is a lot cheaper because Olivia already comes with Silver Sword+

1) Oh- well I'll keep that in mind. I just made this account a few hours ago, before that I just came here to look at fates stats and stuff along those lines.

2) That sounds like a really good idea- but I already have hone attack 3 on her A slot, should I replace it? (Level 39, 4 star, with an attack of 42.) unless triangle adept isn't an A slot skill, which I swear it is.

Just now, Lunajack said:

1) Oh- well I'll keep that in mind. I just made this account a few hours ago, before that I just came here to look at fates stats and stuff along those lines.

2) That sounds like a really good idea- but I already have hone attack 3 on her A slot, should I replace it? (Level 39, 4 star, with an attack of 42.) unless triangle adept isn't an A slot skill, which I swear it is.

Triangle Adept is an A-slot skill, but Hone Attack is a C-slot skill. They won't conflict. 

Triangle Adept is an A-slot skill, but Hone Attack is a C-slot skill. They won't conflict. 

Hol' up.

Oh fuck- I didn't mean hone attack, I meant the one that just increases attack, that one is in the A slot.

Just now, Lunajack said:

Hol' up.

Oh fuck- I didn't mean hone attack, I meant the one that just increases attack, that one is in the A slot.

Yeah, Triangle adept is better.

Just now, bonewalker said:

Yeah, Triangle adept is better.

ahh, alright.

Huh, triangle adept comes from cordelia, who is a focus hero at the moment. what a coincidence. 

Just now, Lunajack said:

Hol' up.

Atk +3? Yes, I'd replace it with Triangle Adept. 

Silver Sword+ and Atk +3 would only give you 58 effective attack against greens (as opposed to the 64 that Triangle Adept 3 gives you), which would make you miss out on several crucial ORKOs (and you'd also receive more damage from greens since Triangle Adept also reduces the damage you take from them). 

Sure, she'll get blown up by blues and do slightly less damage against reds, but let's be real. She already gets blown up by blues with or without TA, and +3 damage against reds isn't going to net her anything substantial. I'd much rather take the extra killing power against common green units. 

Just now, Lunajack said:

ahh, alright.

Huh, triangle adept comes from cordelia, who is a focus hero at the moment. what a coincidence. 

I was lucky(or not) to summon 3 Cordelias.

Silver Sword+ and Atk +3 would only give you 58 effective attack against greens (as opposed to the 64 that Triangle Adept 3 gives you), which would make you miss out on several crucial ORKOs (and you'd also receive more damage from greens since Triangle Adept also reduces the damage you take from them). 

Sure, she'll get blown up by blues and do slightly less damage against reds, but let's be real. She already gets blown up by blues with or without TA, and +3 damage against reds isn't going to net her anything substantial. I'd much rather take the extra killing power against common green units. 

Ahh, thank you for the info. I will deck out my Olivia with a silver sword + and triangle Adept. 

(im also going to follow you because you seem really smart when it comes to FE. <3)

1 minute ago, Lunajack said:

Ahh, thank you for the info. I will deck out my Olivia with a silver sword + and triangle Adept. 

(im also going to follow you because you seem really smart when it comes to FE. <3)

Oh dear. 

You're perfectly free to follow me, but there are so many people on this forum who are much more knowledgeable than I am haha. All I can do is make some simple calculations and use that to help me make decisions (though maths always make anyone seem smarter, I suppose). 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Geez, I had no idea anyone knew so much about FE Heroes lol

Just now, bonewalker said:

Geez, I had no idea anyone knew so much about FE Heroes lol

I mean I don't know any of this off the top of my head; I had to constantly reference the wiki for stats and such. I just crunched a few numbers, that's all. 

(Also I'm probably gonna stop posting here because eclipse is likely gonna close the thread whenever she gets on again). 

If she were to get a new weapon at all, she'd probably want a Ruby Sword+ so that she basically gets Triangle Adept 3 without having to use up passive slot A. That way, passive slot A can be used for something like HP +5, Fury +3, Speed +3, etc.