Prince Alphonse advice

I haven't used skill inherent yet once since I'm waiting till the April updates , but I know I wanna make Alphonse a beast in the long run and wondering what road to take to get him there . 

Would a brave sword be good on him? I have an extra draug and what much damage would the difference be from brave sword and brace sword + ? 

Also if anyone has any builds for him that would be a great help , thanks guys 

Alfonse (it's not spelled 'Alphonse') isn't great no matter what you do, honestly. He's really slow and gets doubled by near everything. And he can't really take hits either. All he really has is high attack.

Well if you really want to use him, You could capitalize on his high attack with that brave sword paired with death blow 3 (or fury 3, but I'd strongly advise against wasting that on him since it's such a valuable skill).

Alternatively you could make him a cheerleader, give a hone and rally skill for the ultimate buffer, then toss a ruby sword on him so he can deal with greens. That gives you a universally useful character where the actual stats don't matter as much.

I haven't used Alphonse (Because of afromented laughable spd) but his atk is somewhat decent combined with full death blow. If you plan on upgrading him to 5*, Folkvangr is very good to use with it's innate skill and mt tho.

Considering a base ATK of 35 adding:

+6 of Death blow

+5 of Folkvangr at 50% hp

+16 of base atk Folkvangr

That gives a 62 of base ATK at 50% or less HP. 32 max Def is decent too, so i'd suggest swapping out Sol for Moonbow or Dragon Aura or any skill that capitalizes on ATK skill, since if you want to hit him hard you need him at that HP lvl. Probably i'd use him with Escape route and or with units that can rescue him such as with swap/drawback/wings of mercy. You'd probably want to use him mostly as a player phase unit and avoid lances at all cost or speedy reds.

I'd advise against brave sword because of it's low mt and imo his greatest asset is his atk pottential. I'm not really good at strategizing or optimizing units though, so someone may be able to come up with something better than this!

EDIT: I read the previous responses and as a green killer or a cheerleader who sometimes kills things seems less costly and much more viable as a 4* unit than the strat i just posted lol, but wanted to clarify mine is assuming you really love him and want to use him as your best chara and not just pigeon hole him in a single role (Like Narcian's vanilla skills do to him *sob* )

Edited by Suzuranao

Alfonse

Weapon: Brave Sword+

Assist: Anything you like

Special: Moonbow

Passive A: Death Blow

Passive B: Sword Breaker (x4 if initiate attack) / Quick Respote

Passive C: Anything you like

Passive S: Waiting for update

I'll open the way!

How about Wary fighter while backed up by a healer? With his MT16 weapon, it seems to me like a good way to stay ahead on trades. I'm not a fan of death blow when it comes to units that never double. Without wary fighter, I'd recommend armored blow, removing up to 12 damage on player phase. 

My apologies!

Edited by Gustavos

My take on Alfonse with inheritance in play:

Weapon: Folkvangr (comes with Defiant Atk 2)

Special: Moonbow

Assist: Reciprocal Aid, movement based assist (Pivot, Reposition, etc.)

Passive A: Fury, Death Blow, Distant Counter

Passive B: Vantage, Brash Assault, Escape Route, Wings of Mercy

Passive C: Threaten Atk, Threaten Def, or Savage Blow

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

I'll open the way!

How about Wary fighter while backed up by a healer? With his MT16 weapon, it seems to me like a good way to stay ahead on trades. I'm not a fan of death blow when it comes to units that never double. Without wary fighter, I'd recommend armored blow, removing up to 12 damage on player phase. 

My apologies!

Alfonse is not an armored unit; therefore, he cannot learn Wary Fighter.