"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that Falcon Knights were significantly nerfed? Wasn't sure if it was bs or real can someone confirm/deny? and if this is a case would that make them useless or still solid just not as good, and if so would it be better just to put at least 2 of the White Wings into a different class?(The whole Villager fork thing) I kinda asked too many questions who0ps.

Thanks in advance :>

22 minutes ago, MitoRequiem said:

I was told that Falcon Knights were significantly nerfed? Wasn't sure if it was bs or real can someone confirm/deny? and if this is a case would that make them useless or still solid just not as good, and if so would it be better just to put at least 2 of the White Wings into a different class?(The whole Villager fork thing) I kinda asked too many questions who0ps.

Thanks in advance :>

It seems they went from dealing innate effective damage to monsters to simply dealing +10. Not a huge nerf, really; they still seem to be really solid.

46 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It seems they went from dealing innate effective damage to monsters to simply dealing +10. Not a huge nerf, really; they still seem to be really solid.

Thanks for the answer I appreciate it :> I didn't wanna ditch Pegasus Knight, Though I wonder if Cleric!Faye is the way to go.

Another question on the subject of classes/characters. Any classes seem better versus the original? I kinda found Armor Knight to be weak but that's just me. Also is Clive still trash? >.>

8 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I was wonder if their are any lagging issues like the double battles in Pokemon Sun & Moon when you were playing on a 3DS system that was older than the new 3DS?

I'm not sure yet, but I think there might be a small lag in the transition between map and combat in the old 3DS systems (like in Fates). I also saw that in an old 3DS loading times take some seconds, but I've yet to see a new 3DS performance to do a proper comparison.

12 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

What is Alm's personality like? Is he still more barbaric or has he become a Marth?

A bit of both. He's nice enough to hear his enemies out and isn't exactly thrilled to go to full-scale-war with Rigel, but is determined to do whatever it takes to "help people". Clive gets a bit of character development too when he compares himself to Alm if you save Claire, Matilda and Dyuute. Clive realizes that he gives up on saving those close to him for the sake of saving himself while Alm goes the extra mile to help them. He's not quite the emotional mess Marth could sometimes be, but he's definitely not the savage he was in Gaiden (which to be fair was very barebones with characterization anyway) and Awakening's DLC either. I like it. The story motif of royalty vs. commoners breaks on his back the most as his own identity changes. "Mycen's grandson" to "Leader of the Rebellion that probably isn't Mycen's grandson" to... well, you get the idea.

14 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I was wonder if their are any lagging issues like the double battles in Pokemon Sun & Moon when you were playing on a 3DS system that was older than the new 3DS?

5 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

I'm not sure yet, but I think there might be a small lag in the transition between map and combat in the old 3DS systems (like in Fates). I also saw that in an old 3DS loading times take some seconds, but I've yet to see a new 3DS performance to do a proper comparison.

Old XL here. Loading times usually take a second or two, not really a problem. Unit models in battle scenes can take like half a second to a second to load sometimes (it mostly seems to affect pegasus units, or it happens if the battle is taking place in a heavily forested area), and I've seen some minor performance dips in a few specific situations. The very first dungeon has a minor fps drop if you're looking at the waterfall while trying to render the rest of it as well, though it's negligible. However there's a very noticeable fps drop if two mages clash and your unit triggers a critical with the cut-in portraits. Had it happen several times when Cliff was attacked by a dark mage with Dora. Guess the 3ds can't handle that many particles at once reliably. Still, it's a very specific situation.

Edited by NaokiP

What are some of the weapon skills that can be used regardless of the equipped weapon? Earlier in the discussion, it came to my attention that the skills associated with the Lightning Sword cannot be used with another sword equipped. In light of this, does the skill "Crosswise," for example, allow the unit to use the skill with, let's say, the Brave Sword?

Edited by Leif

On 4/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, Wayward Alchemist said:

Is there a limit to the number of Weapon Skills per character?

Hate to quote myself like a jackass, but this was getting buried and I'd like the answer.

Additionally, are there still people to transport items between parties? And if so, are they as limited as Gaiden?

55 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Hate to quote myself like a jackass, but this was getting buried and I'd like the answer.

Additionally, are there still people to transport items between parties? And if so, are they as limited as Gaiden?

Don't know about skills, but I know item traders are there. Don't know if there's a limit though.

dunno if this is the right thread, but when I was checking out the blacksmith, I forged a sword of darkness

into a brave sword. Can anyone else confirm this for me? (On Celica's route)

EDIT1: also found out that the brave sword can also be forged into a Rapier for one gold coin. it can even be reforged back

to the sword of darkness

Edited by Pomhub

Figure out it would be more fitted to ask here than at the datamine thread.

I am curious but, can a support get locked if a person that is mentioned within the support was dead? For example, Mae and Celica' support has them discussed about Mae feeling toward Boey. if Boey just died recently, it wouldn't make sense if they still talk about it. Another example is Leon and Kamui' support mentioning Valbar a lots in the dialogue. If Valbar died beforehand, that whole support would also become really weird.

Can someone find out about this for me? I am just curious about it.

1 hour ago, huythekirby said:

Figure out it would be more fitted to ask here than at the datamine thread.

I am curious but, can a support get locked if a person that is mentioned within the support was dead? For example, Mae and Celica' support has them discussed about Mae feeling toward Boey. if Boey just died recently, it wouldn't make sense if they still talk about it. Another example is Leon and Kamui' support mentioning Valbar a lots in the dialogue. If Valbar died beforehand, that whole support would also become really weird.

Can someone find out about this for me? I am just curious about it.

I'm also curious about this because characters like Boey and Mae have a lot of story dialogue, and I'd like to know if that changes too.

Is there an "equip skills" function in this game, kinda like what they did with Fire Emblem Heroes? Some skills seem redundant like the two versions of the "Armor Crusher" skills.

35 minutes ago, Leif said:

Is there an "equip skills" function in this game, kinda like what they did with Fire Emblem Heroes? Some skills seem redundant like the two versions of the "Armor Crusher" skills.

They're two different versions for two different weapons. A character can only use the skill if they have the specific weapon equipped. So there would be no need for an "equip skills" function.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

They're two different versions for two different weapons. A character can only use the skill if they have the specific weapon equipped. So there would be no need for an "equip skills" function.

Interesting.

Do you happen to know if "non-Celica" Priestesses use the same overworld sprite as Celica's? 

44 minutes ago, unique said:

are Assault and Gather still in

Yes they are, with two additional commands (one is for running away from enemies, the other I can't remember, something about strategy I think).