"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Xanek said:

Wait, can you recruit Faye/Cliff/Lukas or w/e if you go down to Ram's Village as Celica in chapter 2? Or was this a Gaiden glitch (minus faye)

Lukas can only be recruited by Alm (along with Gray and Tobin). Kliff and Faye can also be recruited by Celica going to Ram Village in Chapter 2 (they also have special dialogues). Don't know if this also applies to other characters in Alm's route like Silque.

49 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Lukas can only be recruited by Alm (along with Gray and Tobin). Kliff and Faye can also be recruited by Celica going to Ram Village in Chapter 2 (they also have special dialogues). Don't know if this also applies to other characters in Alm's route like Silque.

Interesting... very interesting, but I assume they have no supports?

Also why would anyone do this, unless you're a masochist and want to kill yourself doing Alm's route

Edited by Xanek

2 minutes ago, Xanek said:

They have no support conversations, but do get some support bonuses from each other. For instance, Celica gets support bonuses from all the Ram Villagers, including Faye. Kliff also gets support bonuses from Celica, but Faye doesn't (it's one sided).

8 minutes ago, Lion said:

what are gold and silver coins for and when do i use them

They are for forging. I don't know the ins and outs of forging, but you can basically power up weapons or you can transform a weapon example iron sword to steel sword (I don;t actually think this is an option but you get the gist).

2 hours ago, Xanek said:

Also why would anyone do this, unless you're a masochist and want to kill yourself doing Alm's route

What I'm wondering with this scenario is what happens to the Mila's Turnwheel, since it's supposed to be Silque who give it to Alm.

9 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

What I'm wondering with this scenario is what happens to the Mila's Turnwheel, since it's supposed to be Silque who give it to Alm.

I honestly don't know, when starting Chapter 2 Celica already has it. Maybe there was some sort of explanation in dialogues that I missed because I can't speak Japanese.

37 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

You can talk to Silque and not recruit her. She gives you MIla's Turnwheel even if you don't recruit her.

36 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Does the Angel Ring effect growth rates anymore?

No, it doesn't. It provides Luck +20 (no longer +40) and recovery (restores 5 HP at the beginning of each turn). That's it.

22 minutes ago, Meh said:

How limited are supports, in terms of how many you can unlock in a run?

There's no limit (also because there aren't so many). To unlock some ranks you have to reach a certain chapter though.

Edited by Pikappa93

36 minutes ago, Azz said:

Bit of a spoilery question but...

Reveal hidden contents

When do you recruit Conrad?

Wiki says Chapter 4, but he appears as an NPC at some point in Chapter 2.

27 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Do rings unlock skills like weapons do?

The only ring that gives a skill is the Coral Ring, said skill being Camouflage. All the others have no learn able skill.

5 minutes ago, MitoRequiem said:
  Hide contents

Does Rudolf actually fight back when facing Alm?

I suppose this is a bit spoilery?

No.

Spoiler

But he still initiates battle when he can even though he never attacks.

1) Pair Up isn't in this game? What about Dual Attacks/Dual Guards?

2) Characters can carry only one item? But is that a special item or all items? Like instead of carrying Iron Lance, Javelin, Beast Killer, Steel Lance and Vulnerary I can only carry one of them? Someone asked and got replied but just to be 100% sure...

3) Are there characters who only have 1-2 supports? I never liked that some characters had tons of support options and others too few.

Edited by Lanko