"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

I did looked more at the Battle Model of Silque as a Sage from the latest trailer that there was also few minor changes from her Cleric and Saint Battle Model Class that I did noticed last night. But, would it be possible you can actually remove Silque's Head Piece that was in her Cleric Battle Model and you can see her hair similar to like the original game in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia or does her head piece stays on and there is no way to remove it in the game?

Silque%20Sage%20Battle%20Model%20Echoes%

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer after searching, so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it:

Where are/how do I get the rare special weapons, such as the Archanean ones? Mercurius, The Zofia, the Zweihander, Ilwoon, Gradivus, Romfire, Saunion, Parthia, Mila's Bow, Shining Bow... I deduced based on some info that the Astra/Sol/Luna weapons are forged from rare rusted weapon drops (not sure if it's true though), but for the rest, I'm rather curious.

I'd like to have explored the chapter 6 post-game dungeon in its entirety before asking, but since the enemy stats are inflated way beyond my own and I don't feel like grinding, there are no savepoints (at least so far), Mila's turnwheel is limited, I'm on classic mode, and I've reached the limit of my strategic skills (beating enemies with ratings notably higher than even my two top characters, forget my weaker characters), I'm... kind of thinking it might not happen, at least not without cheats, so yeah. Maybe in the English version...

I feel like it'd be weird for all the weapons to be there though considering I already made decent progress (beat the fire dragon) and like, there's not really anything to do after this dungeon AFAIK, so it feels late to be getting it. I'd say they're DLC weapons or something, but like, there are medals involving the Archanean weapons, at least... so yeah, I'm a little curious and a little confused. *shrug*

39 minutes ago, Crimson Red said:

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer after searching, so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it:

Where are/how do I get the rare special weapons, such as the Archanean ones? Mercurius, The Zofia, the Zweihander, Ilwoon, Gradivus, Romfire, Saunion, Parthia, Mila's Bow, Shining Bow... I deduced based on some info that the Astra/Sol/Luna weapons are forged from rare rusted weapon drops (not sure if it's true though), but for the rest, I'm rather curious.

I'd like to have explored the chapter 6 post-game dungeon in its entirety before asking, but since the enemy stats are inflated way beyond my own and I don't feel like grinding, there are no savepoints (at least so far), Mila's turnwheel is limited, I'm on classic mode, and I've reached the limit of my strategic skills (beating enemies with ratings notably higher than even my two top characters, forget my weaker characters), I'm... kind of thinking it might not happen, at least not without cheats, so yeah. Maybe in the English version...

I feel like it'd be weird for all the weapons to be there though considering I already made decent progress (beat the fire dragon) and like, there's not really anything to do after this dungeon AFAIK, so it feels late to be getting it. I'd say they're DLC weapons or something, but like, there are medals involving the Archanean weapons, at least... so yeah, I'm a little curious and a little confused. *shrug*

Forging I believe is the only way to get those weapons. The blessed weapons make the Archanean regalia, the Golden Dagger becomes The Zofia and the rest are from other weapons (Steel and Silver weapons, Ridersbane and Javelin). I'm not sure where you get the Shining Bow and I know you can get Mila's Bow from the Celica Amiibo dungeon, not sure about base game though.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

I managed to click away the message telling me how to get to Akaneia and now I'm stuck on Valentia. From where do you travel to the first boat map?

Go to the boat maps from Chapter 2 and I believe from the second to last one should lead to Akaneia.

35 minutes ago, Azz said:

Go to the boat maps from Chapter 2 and I believe from the second to last one should lead to Akaneia.

Thanks bud, I'll try that when I have some time. They really didn't make that clear visually.

Edit: Nope, still can't access the maps. They're just removed from the rest of Valentia. I wonder if it's because not all of my characters are tier 3 yet or something. Are you supposed to be able to go there immediately afterwards?

Edited by Thane

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Edit: Nope, still can't access the maps. They're just removed from the rest of Valentia. I wonder if it's because not all of my characters are tier 3 yet or something. Are you supposed to be able to go there immediately afterwards?

Have you talked with the foreign merchant in Zofia Port?

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Thanks bud, I'll try that when I have some time. They really didn't make that clear visually.

As has been mentioned, you need to start the quest in Zofia Port. The message was to tell you to go there : P

2 hours ago, sirmola said:

Does renown actually do anything from a gameplay perspective?

Not that I know of.

There is a "rumours" mechanic that may use Renown, but I dunno if it's actually in-game. I've never seen it anyway.

Edited by VincentASM

3 hours ago, The Awesomest said:

Is anything besides permadeath tied to Casual and Classic modes, like battle saves were in the previous two games? Is the time rewinding feature in both modes, or just Casual?

Mila's Turnwheel is for both Classic and Casual. Haven't tested battle saves.

6 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Is Linea's class Witch or Vesta?

Vesta.

EDIT: Sorry, it IS Witch.

3 hours ago, twistedxgrace said:

So, there's the villager's fork item that technically allows reclassing, correct? Is there a limited amount of these? How common/rare are they?

I believe it's currently inaccessible as of now. It's speculated that we'll get it as DLC.

Edited by Emerson

I got an another four questions and the other one that no one haven't answered my other one yet.

1. I did look at some YouTube videos for the Illusory Heroes and I don't think I have heard a single voice from one of the Legendary Heroes made a single sound. Are they completely silent just like the Einherjars from Fire Emblem Awakening or do they actually make a sound?
  2. Regarding about Chapter 5, if you enter Duma's lair just like in the original game, would the entrance will be blocked after you completely enter the dungeon like in the original game or you can go back to the main land?
  3. Is there any characters that gets killed in battle in the original game that gotten changed to some characters gets defeated during in battle and are completely wounded alive + won't join the battle again like in the Tellius series, Awakening, and Fates?
  4. Bit spoilers, but:
Spoiler

I did saw the cutscene where Alm faces brainwashed Celica. Do you have to fight Celica as a Boss around Chapter 4, 5, or new Chapter 6? (I'm pretty sure it could be Chapter 5 since I did saw Alm picked up the Falchion from a random place from the intro, but, I do remebered that Chapter 5 is the only chapter that Alm can obtain the Falchion in the original game?)

And this other question that did not get answered:

On 4/23/2017 at 8:40 AM, King Marth 64 said:

I did looked more at the Battle Model of Silque as a Sage from the latest trailer that there was also few minor changes from her Cleric and Saint Battle Model Class that I did noticed last night. But, would it be possible you can actually remove Silque's Head Piece that was in her Cleric Battle Model and you can see her hair similar to like the original game in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia or does her head piece stays on and there is no way to remove it in the game?

Silque%20Sage%20Battle%20Model%20Echoes%

13 minutes ago, Psyruby said:

Question about Dread Fighter to Villager loop,

do any of the characters stats lower when going from a Dread Fighter to a Villager?

Just movement I believe.

4 hours ago, Psyruby said:

Question about Dread Fighter to Villager loop,

do any of the characters stats lower when going from a Dread Fighter to a Villager?

Just movement. And you gain HP, at least Saber did when I tried it to see what happens to his stats. And ofc, all the class related skills disappear too.

Any info about localization changes or censorship yet?  I hear that this game doesn't really have anything to be censored, which I hope is true.  And since the launch between JP and EN versions is so short, it won't be like Fates where tumblrinas overreact over to a wrong translation which affects the localization.

I'm also curious if they'll have the age limit of alcohol usage for Provisions at 20 years for units.  I see the ESRB says "Alcohol Reference", dunno what the difference is between "Reference" and "Usage".  But it could mean the drinks are still alcohol based, and it doesn't count as "Use of Alcohol" in the ESRB because you don't actually see it (through menus only?)?

Just wondering~~

If the only reason why you care about censorship is because of crazy people, stop. Because crazies will be crazies and pick apart anything regardless, because it certainly never affects sales or scores, just their tiny little bubble of ignorance.

1 hour ago, Jacien said:

Any info about localization changes or censorship yet?  I hear that this game doesn't really have anything to be censored, which I hope is true.  And since the launch between JP and EN versions is so short, it won't be like Fates where tumblrinas overreact over to a wrong translation which affects the localization.

I'm also curious if they'll have the age limit of alcohol usage for Provisions at 20 years for units.  I see the ESRB says "Alcohol Reference", dunno what the difference is between "Reference" and "Usage".  But it could mean the drinks are still alcohol based, and it doesn't count as "Use of Alcohol" in the ESRB because you don't actually see it (through menus only?)?

Just wondering~~

I fear this will cause unwanted drama, but nobody can consume alcohol in all versions of the game. I think somebody made a last-minute change.

Also, I don't think there will be much censorship, but you never know.

There's attempted rape of Silque before you recruit her, which looks unchanged in the English version. That said, I suppose it's only implied. The "main event" could be tickling her awake, I guess.

Ah okay, that's pretty interesting.  So are they just trash items that have no use now?  Or were the items removed/renamed?  Are they still in the data files, just not obtainable?

I'm just going off what information there is on the main site.

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/weapons/provisions/

This is interesting to me. There's a difference in changes in development prior to release and changes after release with localization for other regions. It never hurts know about changes.  Don't see drama over that tbh, lol.

Edited by Jacien