"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

37 minutes ago, Jacien said:

Ah okay, that's pretty interesting.  So are they just trash items that have no use now?  Or were the items removed/renamed?  Are they still in the data files, just not obtainable?

I'm just going off what information there is on the main site.

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/weapons/provisions/

This is interesting to me. There's a difference in changes in development prior to release and changes after release with localization for other regions. It never hurts know about changes.  Don't see drama over that tbh, lol.

Alcohol items seem to only be used for restoring the uses of Mila's Turnwheel if yo use them at a Mila Shrine.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but what's the main differences between normal and hard?

I'm pretty sure it;s just enemies and also you get slightly less exp.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure it;s just enemies and also you get slightly less exp.

That doesn't seem too bad - I've done well on the original Gaiden, so I was thinking of jumping right in to hard. Bonus experience already seems like exp river flow to me lol

5 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

That doesn't seem too bad - I've done well on the original Gaiden, so I was thinking of jumping right in to hard. Bonus experience already seems like exp river flow to me lol

I kind of just think of it as Normal=Easy Gaiden and Hard=Normal Gaiden except Normal is actually easier gameplay wise.

17 hours ago, Azz said:

Alcohol items seem to only be used for restoring the uses of Mila's Turnwheel if yo use them at a Mila Shrine.

Awesome, thank you.

So I'm guessing that the info from the site was from the data mining when the game was released in Japan earlier this month, and it is leftover text for their use being changed prior to release?

22 minutes ago, Jacien said:

Awesome, thank you.

So I'm guessing that the info from the site was from the data mining when the game was released in Japan earlier this month, and it is leftover text for their use being changed prior to release?

Yeah, I need to update it, but I've been busy working on other pages.

How should I manage grinding in this game? Since everybody has such low growths and they already gain a bunch of stats upon promotion, is there any purpose to leveling them up other than to get them to their promoting level? Since the Villagers can promote right away, should I even bother with leveling them when units like Lukas need some EXP to be able to promote? Basically, what I'm wondering is should I prioritize giving levels to the weakest units like in every other Fire Emblem, or is the strategy different here?

2 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

How should I manage grinding in this game? Since everybody has such low growths and they already gain a bunch of stats upon promotion, is there any purpose to leveling them up other than to get them to their promoting level? Since the Villagers can promote right away, should I even bother with leveling them when units like Lukas need some EXP to be able to promote? Basically, what I'm wondering is should I prioritize giving levels to the weakest units like in every other Fire Emblem, or is the strategy different here?

Um....it's weird, because promotion times vary by Class. The Villagers do pretty fine on their own once promoted, and since they promote so early, it becomes easier to focus on units like Lukas.

But i'm not the best person to anwser this. Someone who's played the game can anwser better.

41 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

It really depends on the time you have and your willingness.

For the main game, just by promoting your units straight away once they can (Level 3 for villagers, level 7 for cavs, soldier, mercs and archers, then level 10 for their promoted classes, level 12 for male mages, peg knights and clerics and level 14 for female mages) is fine as your units will always be good enough. Though, Alm and Celica do promote via story and I highly recommenced grinding them to level 20.

However, the post game dungeon can be grueling, I mean apotheosis level. And unlike FEA, where unlimited leveling was a thing, unless your're a mercenary, you have to rely on your growths and stat boosters and wells. Though, the post game dungeon is most certainly beatable without max stats, it will be difficult.

TLDR, get Alm and Celica to level 20 before promoting, everyone else should be fine unless you want an easier time in the post game dungeon.

Spoiler

How much HP does Duma even have? I just did 84 damage to it and its HP was still ??, and Alm got kekt. I kinda want to know so I can plan a bit. Only have 4 uses of Turnwheel for this fight (which is a reasonable number), so I can't cheese.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:
  Hide contents

How much HP does Duma even have? I just did 84 damage to it and its HP was still ??, and Alm got kekt. I kinda want to know so I can plan a bit. Only have 4 uses of Turnwheel for this fight (which is a reasonable number), so I can't cheese.

Spoiler

If it's anything like Gaiden, he has 182 HP. Fun fact, that's the second highest amount of HP any unit has had in the entire series, and the only unit who has more HP than Duma is Anankos.

Granted, Anankos' 282 HP (286 on Lunatic) is split between his two arms, head, and eye.

I mostly used alcohol in trading since a couple of them fetch really nice silver prices, and a couple of the alcohol types are needed to clear some collection side quests (Ram Village Wine springs to mind as one of the first)

I found it odd that no unit could actually consume it, but it's such a minor thing that I never gave it much thought. There's an abundance of food to use for restoring stamina anyway.

On 22. 04. 2017. at 0:18 AM, sirmola said:

How does fatigue work?

Every time an individual unit engages in battle in a dungeon (on offense or defense, and I believe this works for sisters' heals too(?)), they expend a bit of their stamina. The little smiley face on the character info is your indication of how tired a unit is. From my experience it only really matters if a unit falls into exhausted state - their HP gets cut by around 2/3 of their total. No other stats seem to be affected, but I didn't experiment much. You can bring stamina back up by having individual units eat/drink provisions, donating a single provision to a Mila statue to restore everyone's stamina, or using a stamina-restoring Lion Well (these show up in chapter 4/5 dungeons if memory serves me right). Stamina is reset to the max when you leave a dungeon or finish a world map battle so it only really comes to play in dungeons.

On 23. 04. 2017. at 9:51 AM, s07195 said:

Also, where the heck are the whitewing sisters? They joined as Npcs for one battle then... Celica left. They still haven't joined my team yet, and I'm assaulting Geese's fortress.

You need to backtrack to the Sofia Port town to recruit them.

But, would it be possible you can actually remove Silque's Head Piece that was in her Cleric Battle Model and you can see her hair similar to like the original game in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia or does her head piece stays on and there is no way to remove it in the game?

I've seen helmets and headgear sometimes randomly fall off units after they took a high-damage hit. This might be it. No idea if it relates to her being reclassed.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

You should have everyone else deal some damage to him before sending Alm in to deal the final blow when Duma hits 49HP. Ideally you'll want to set this up to all happen in a single turn, once you've gotten rid of Judah, Mara, Heste, and the Medusa dark mage, whatever his name was. It takes a while but it's doable, just abuse the enemy attack ranges, and keep in mind that Mara/Heste/Duma can and will move a bit when you're in range. Judah and the other dark mage seem to stand still.

Sorry if I'm late to answer any of these.

7 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

You need to backtrack to the Sofia Port town to recruit them.

I hope the game tells you that, or else a lot of people will miss Palla and Catria.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I hope the game tells you that, or else a lot of people will miss Palla and Catria.

It doesn't, but there's some side quests you'd need to backtrack for... and I imagine having Est without the other two would make anyone think to do it. You had to backtrack in Gaiden with no prior indication as well.

Also if you try to go for the Mila Temple before clearing Gies' fortress those two and Atlas will leave you. Their main priority is to assault the fortress and save their respective siblings, after all.

Edited by NaokiP

6 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

Also if you try to go for the Mila Temple before clearing Gies' fortress those two and Atlas will leave you.

Wait, leave you as in, leave your party and have to recruit them again?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, leave you as in, leave your party and have to recruit them again?

Yes. You can freely recruit them again anytime but you can't go to the Mila Temple (or the cave before it, I think that was Dragon Cave?) with them in your party before you clear the desert fortress. Going to the Temple without clearing the fortress is one sequence break that'd be interesting to see.

5 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

Yes. You can freely recruit them again anytime but you can't go to the Mila Temple (or the cave before it, I think that was Dragon Cave?) with them in your party before you clear the desert fortress. Going to the Temple without clearing the fortress is one sequence break that'd be interesting to see.

I see. Looks like recruiting Palla and Catria+Atlas is somewhat tricky then, since you can accidentaly make them leave you. But FE is no stranger to tricky recruitments *looks at Karla*

I imagine they at least tell you they'd be leaving and heading back to where you found them, right?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I see. Looks like recruiting Palla and Catria+Atlas is somewhat tricky then, since you can accidentaly make them leave you. But FE is no stranger to tricky recruitments *looks at Karla*

I imagine they at least tell you they'd be leaving and heading back to where you found them, right?

Yes, that's exactly what they do.

Stole your thunder NaokiP

3 hours ago, NaokiP said:

Hide contents

You should have everyone else deal some damage to him before sending Alm in to deal the final blow when Duma hits 49HP. Ideally you'll want to set this up to all happen in a single turn, once you've gotten rid of Judah, Mara, Heste, and the Medusa dark mage, whatever his name was. It takes a while but it's doable, just abuse the enemy attack ranges, and keep in mind that Mara/Heste/Duma can and will move a bit when you're in range. Judah and the other dark mage seem to stand still.

Sorry if I'm late to answer any of these.

No one else seems to do reasonable damage, however. Celica is the closest thing, but she dies on the counter.