"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

6 minutes ago, Tsak said:

it doesn't reduce their stats, just if they aren't at the classes base stats it will raise those stats up to be in line

You have to rescue Tatiana from Nuibaba's manor, with her on the field Zeke and his army will immediately go green and help you defeat the boss

Thanks, that is interesting. Really makes me curious on the possibilities with the Dread Fighter characters.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Tsak said:

You have to rescue Tatiana from Nuibaba's manor, with her on the field Zeke and his army will immediately go green and help you defeat the boss

Ok, this got me thinking, is it easy to miss a unit? Cuz looking at the world map, Nuibaba's Manor is east from the floodgate and if irrc, Zeke is to the west of it. So like, it looks like it's possible to accideantly fight and kill Zeke before recruiting Tatiana.

Recruitment in this game isn't Karla-levels of cryptic, right?

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok, this got me thinking, is it easy to miss a unit? Cuz looking at the world map, Nuibaba's Manor is east from the floodgate and if irrc, Zeke is to the west of it. So like, it looks like it's possible to accideantly fight and kill Zeke before recruiting Tatiana.

Recruitment in this game isn't Karla-levels of cryptic, right?

Can't imagine it would be cryptic. Honestly if you pay attention to the dialogue im sure you won't miss a recruitment. I think deen/sonya could be missed if you just don't explore good enough lol, possibly atlas too

Edited by Tsak
more!

(Yay, I'm back! And I picked up the game rather late because I was preoccupied with something else, but I'm now at chapter 3.)

How manageable is it to get the Lightning Speed medal (in Hard Classic)? I already spent 74 days in chapter 1 (because I didn't even realize there's a day count and thought the days are ornamental) and 35 days in chapter 2.

29 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

(Yay, I'm back! And I picked up the game rather late because I was preoccupied with something else, but I'm now at chapter 3.)

How manageable is it to get the Lightning Speed medal (in Hard Classic)? I already spent 74 days in chapter 1 (because I didn't even realize there's a day count and thought the days are ornamental) and 35 days in chapter 2.

Well the max days is 500 so I say if you don't grind or back track in chapters 3, 4 and 5, you should be fine.

14 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

What's with Faye's -avoid support "bonus" from Alm?

It's to balance her above normal boosts. Give and take, basically.

From a character perspective, she becomes more reckless or less conscious of her surroundings when Alm is around.

I heard in a Youtube video that Faye/other villagers can be recruited on Celica's route through an easter-egg style not recruiting with Alm.

Does anyone know if this is true? >.>

34 minutes ago, Kakeyo said:

I heard in a Youtube video that Faye/other villagers can be recruited on Celica's route through an easter-egg style not recruiting with Alm.

Does anyone know if this is true? >.>

It is true, partially. Faye and Kliff are the only ones that can be recruited by Celica. Gray and Tobin will join Alm with no Yes/No prompt.

I believe Forsynth and Python can also be recruited by her?

Edited by Emerson

19 hours ago, VincentASM said:

It's to balance her above normal boosts. Give and take, basically.

From a character perspective, she becomes more reckless or less conscious of her surroundings when Alm is around.

Or becomes tank waifu faye the enemy focus bait lol

Also for the Demon ring
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Demon_Ring

Edited by Tsak
redundant

2 minutes ago, LowestRes said:

Is

Hide contents

chapter 6

worth it?

Don't think you need to spoiler that, buddy.

If you ask me, then not really, though some chaps have expressed their interest in it. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Don't think you need to spoiler that, buddy.

If you ask me, then not really, though some chaps have expressed their interest in it. 

Alright thanks, I think I'm done. It was fun.

7 minutes ago, LowestRes said:

I have just beat Duma and was wondering about the postgame. I didn't really feel like playing anymore right now, unless it was like super good.

It's super challenging, borderline unfair, but there's good loot and you get a badge for clearing it.

18 minutes ago, LowestRes said:

I have just beat Duma and was wondering about the postgame. I didn't really feel like playing anymore right now, unless it was like super good.

It's OK. Chapter 6 is essentially one long dungeon and getting to it. If you like dungeon-crawling, it's cool. It's also quite hard once you get near the halfway part. However there's no story, except what you derive from the tablets.

If you like Awakening and/or Fire Emblem lore, you should give it a try. Otherwise, feel free to skip it; it's not essential.

23 hours ago, Emerson said:

It is true, partially. Faye and Kliff are the only ones that can be recruited by Celica. Gray and Tobin will join Alm with no Yes/No prompt.

I believe Forsynth and Python can also be recruited by her?

According to this guide in gamesp.net, you can't get them because Clive isn't present, which is a prerequisite for getting them.

You also can't get Silque in this fashion. Talking to her will trigger a special conversation, but she will not join Celica's party and she'll be permanently lost.

Chapter 5 story spoilers.

Spoiler

I was traveling while playing through this part and couldn't look up any of the words I didn't understand, so I missed some vital information. My question is this: is it ever explained just how, in their motivational speeches about not needing gods, Alm and friends will combat things like the droughts and the zombie apocalypse that happen because of Mila's absence?

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hide contents

I was traveling while playing through this part and couldn't look up any of the words I didn't understand, so I missed some vital information. My question is this: is it ever explained just how, in their motivational speeches about not needing gods, Alm and friends will combat things like the droughts and the zombie apocalypse that happen because of Mila's absence?

Spoiler

Well Mila does turn into a tree or sorts and duma a volcano? (demons ingle) maybe they aren't necessarily absent but more like become one with the world?

Just now, Tsak said:
  Hide contents

Well Mila does turn into a tree or sorts and duma a volcano? (demons ingle) maybe they aren't necessarily absent but more like become one with the world?

Spoiler

That doesn't really answer my question: do they or do they not talk about that problem, or has it already been solved by the time they hold these speeches? I can sort of buy Mila being properly buried helping out the earth, but I want to know if they know that as well. I mean Celica's entire reason for going with Jedah towards the end, at least when Alm is safe and sound, is because the Rigelians need Duma, unless I misunderstood things.

26 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hide contents

You don't see any action taken in the game, but Alm and co do talk about plowing the lands to make them more fertile etc. I think Clive or somebody jokes about Alm being a farmer king.

You could say Valm during the time of Awakening is proof everybody is doing OK. I guess the Mila Tree may have helped to bring life to the continent and I honestly have no idea where Terrors came from originally. Maybe a distortion of magic due to Duma's activities?