"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

23 minutes ago, s07195 said:

Okay, joking aside, should I reclass her into a non-Cavalier line class? Gender locking really sucks in this game, coming off the freedom of Fates in terms of gender locked stuff. Can't believe that Cavs are the only neutral class.

Mathilda is quite good as she is, idk what you would make her? Falcoknight probably?

25 minutes ago, s07195 said:

Also, I keep hearing that lances are the worst weapon type in the game... Why?

News to me, I thought they looked quite good, Gradivus and that Saunion seem to do work... Sol of course has Sol... so yeah idk whose telling you they're bad

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Baron's have absolutely shit movement in this game iirc. I believe they only have 4 movement.

Celica also has 4 movement, even as a Princess iirc, but she makes up for it with magic.

That's it? Low move never really bothered me that much. Is there something about low move here that I should be worried about, or is it like normal FE?

And does Forsyth benefit more from being a Merc, Archer, or Cav? I am leaning towards merc so he can reclass to villager later, but Cav doesnt sound too bad, and Archer could be an option for Bow Knight.

Edited by Tolvir

20 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That's it? Low move never really bothered me that much. Is there something about low move here that I should be worried about, or is it like normal FE?

And does Forsyth benefit more from being a Merc, Archer, or Cav? I am leaning towards merc so he can reclass to villager later, but Cav doesnt sound too bad, and Archer could be an option for Bow Knight.

maybe if the overclass gives some extra move Spartan will be clutch who knows

35 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I mean, some of the maps may be a little bit big for 4-move units but that doesn't really matter much tbh.

Speed may be an issue tho. Or maybe not. You only need to be one point faster to double in this game, so it depends. Baron's will likely get doubled a lot tho. Good thing they are masters of physical defense.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, some of the maps may be a little bit big for 4-move units but that doesn't really matter much tbh.

Speed may be an issue tho. Or maybe not. You only need to be one point faster to double in this game, so it depends. Baron's will likely get doubled a lot tho. Good thing they are masters of physical defense.

That has always been the thing for me, Ive never really looked at them as being killing machines, so doubling never bothered me. Now double being only being just 1 point above is a little worrying, especially with mages.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That has always been the thing for me, Ive never really looked at them as being killing machines, so doubling never bothered me. Now double being only being just 1 point above is a little worrying, especially with mages.

Barons are probably just overall dangerous to use because witches exist. and boy do they not mess around, especially when they can warp into where you're trying to defend said units and tear them a new one.

1 minute ago, Tsak said:

Barons are probably just overall dangerous to use because witches exist. and boy do they not mess around, especially when they can warp into where you're trying to defend said units and tear them a new one.

Yeah, that is a little worrying. Sounds like Villager's fork will be a bit of a choice between Lukas or Forsyth for me.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah, that is a little worrying. Sounds like Villager's fork will be a bit of a choice between Lukas or Forsyth for me.

Ye Lukas is getting my Villagers Fork. He just seems cooler as a Gold knight. just my opinion though, maybe the Spartan overclass will change my mind idk

1 hour ago, Tsak said:

Ye Lukas is getting my Villagers Fork. He just seems cooler as a Gold knight. just my opinion though, maybe the Spartan overclass will change my mind idk

I may go with Forsyth personally. I like his design a bit more. Is there a place on Serenes that has each characters base stats and growths yet?

I have some questions.

Are there any paralogues or xenologues?

Is there anywhere or a chance to buy and sell food, potions, weapons and spells in the game?

How many blocks does the physical version of Shadows of Valentia take up?

What do the graphics look like on a bigger screen - is there any aliasing, pixelation, jagginess or softness to the visuals when compared to how they look on a normal 3DS or a New 3DS?

Edited by phoenixmiko

25 minutes ago, phoenixmiko said:

I have some questions.

Is there anywhere or a chance to buy and sell food, potions, weapons and spells in the game?

How many blocks does the physical version of Shadows of Valentia take up?

What do the graphics look like on a bigger screen - is there any aliasing, pixelation, jagginess or softness to the visuals when compared to how they look on a normal 3DS or a New 3DS?

There are DLC maps and memory scenes.

You can trade items for silver and gold coins. You need to find items yourself.

Not sure about the blocks question. You don't store the physical version on the SD card unless you mean the Extra Data.

Graphics are like any 3DS game. Depends on what screen you're using. But generally nothing is upscaled just sized up so no aliasing.

Thanks for the response, VincentASM. It is good to know none of the graphics are blatantly upscaled or stretched or have evident aliasing on bigger screens. I will have to remember to trade items for coins should I need to. Coins are for forging as I understand it.

How much Extra Data blocks wise is stored?

Can any of alcoholic beverages you pick up in the game be used at all?

Edited by phoenixmiko

8 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I was thinking of using Forsyth, but I keep seeing that he is really bad, one of the worst units kind of bad. Why is that? What exactly is wrong with the character to make him that bad?

As others said, he's a Baron. He also tries to be the Abel to Lukas' Cain, but it makes little difference and if anything just makes him worse (here's a slightly faster and crittier but less tanky Baron). He also joins as a level 5 soldier when Lukas should have already been promoted. 

53 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

As others said, he's a Baron. He also tries to be the Abel to Lukas' Cain, but it makes little difference and if anything just makes him worse (here's a slightly faster and crittier but less tanky Baron). He also joins as a level 5 soldier when Lukas should have already been promoted. 

Ok, so he makes a good candidate for the villager's fork then, sounds like he could be a good Merc. Kind of solidifies which of the two are getting a fork for me then.

1 hour ago, phoenixmiko said:

Can any of alcoholic beverages you pick up in the game be used at all?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their only use is at Mila Shrines to restore everyone's fatigue.

They seem to have been cut since everyone has ages to signify whether they could use it or not, but in the end no one can use them.

I got a two question:

1. I did saw Mae's Classic Mode Retreat Quote was shown in GameXplain's Duma's Ordeals showcase video. I did saw they managed to changed Mae's defeat quote that this wasn't appeared in the original game. But, what Mild Language for any characters that did sweared that they added it to the game, I do recall none of the female units saying cursed words in the original Gaiden script? (it was just some of the male units like Alm, Atlas, Slayde, Desaix, and Grieth that I recalled)
  2. Derrick from GameXplain did told me that Mae does retreat and doesn't fight again in Classic Mode and I didn't exactly got a single answer from this thread earlier about which characters in the remake gotten changed to retreated after gotten wounded by the enemy units instead of getting killed in the middle of the battle like from the original game?

Maes%20Defeat%20Quote_zpsfxpyayep.png

5 hours ago, phoenixmiko said:

I have some questions.

There are Xenologue chapters, but someone did told me around in April that there's no Paralogue chapters appeared in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Edited by King Marth 64

I actually want to know a few things, and I hope this is okay.

-Do the FE amiibos from smash do anything else besides having a one turn attack or whatever?

-Do specific amiibos have specific monsters? (I.E. the Samus amiibo will always spawn as the same monster, yes or no?)

-Like in fates, does SOV use previous FE data to add something cool in your save?

20 minutes ago, Raybrand said:

is there still a lunatic mode?

anyone know how the difficulty compares to awakening and fates

There is not.

Does anyone know when the reviews drop? The 18:th?

8 hours ago, PokéStarz said:

Was the list of generic units that are summoned by non-FE amiibo included in the datamine?

Mogall

Mage
Pegasus Knight
Villager
Baron
Sage
Myrmidon
Majin
Balrog
Priestess
Necrodragon
Archer
Gargoyle
Mage
Sniper
Mercenary
White Dragon
Gold Knight
Bonewalker
Soldier
Bow Knight
Cantor
Saint
Knight
Brigand
Arcanist
Falcon Knight
Dread Fighter
Witch
Cavalier
Entombed
Revenant
Cleric
Paladin
Lich

On 5/10/2017 at 11:13 AM, Lunajack said:

Like in fates, does SOV use previous FE data to add something cool in your save?

No.

1 hour ago, Raybrand said:

anyone know how the difficulty compares to awakening and fates

I don't "know" because I haven't completed the game, but while this game doesn't feel too difficult in terms of technical skill, it's more luck-based than the other FE I've seen. Whether the enemy witches warp is triggered randomly, and when they do and happen to warp to your low-spd, low-res members (like Valbar), be prepared to do the 3DS's version of the three-finger salute: L+R+START. (Or use Mila's Turnwheel.)