"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

21 minutes ago, ExaltedViolinist said:

Also, are there characters that have specific requirements when it comes to them being recruited ? And if so, is it clearly explained in the game ? I dislike realizing I missed a certain character 3 chapters later... D:

The one that comes to mind is Zeke and Tatiana. Fighting Zeke first will make both him and Tatiana unrecruitable. Though the game basically tells you to go to Nuibaba's Manor first, which is where Tatiana is recruited after the battle. Then, once that's done, go fight Zeke and Jerome. If Tatiana is on the field, Zeke becomes your ally. If he survives the battle, he can be recruited at Rigel Village.

There's also Palla and Catria being recruited in Zofia Harbor after the first Celica battle of Act 3.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, ExaltedViolinist said:

How do Mila's Statues function exactly ? Can I reclass my characters indefinitely at any statue or are there specific statues to which I need to get my characters at or do they have a set amount of available promotions...?

Also, are there characters that have specific requirements when it comes to them being recruited ? And if so, is it clearly explained in the game ? I dislike realizing I missed a certain character 3 chapters later... D:

Mila Statues are where characters promote once they have reached a certain level. All statues work the same, except for the Overclass DLC statues which only work for certain classes, and they can be used as much as you wish.

There's a few, but they're mostly obvious. Listing the ones I've most often seen people say they missed.

Celica Act 3

After her first map, return to Zofia Harbor to recruit the NPCs from that first battle.

Alm Act 4

When able to go East or West, do the maps on the East side before the West maps to recruit 2 characters.

Celica Act 4

Go back into the basement of the sluice gate and explore a bit to recruit another character.

Edited by Konnor97
not edited: can't figure out how to get my third spoiler unstuck from the second one

I figure that the solution to this would be just a classic case of grinding and better planning, but...

Postgame (Act 6)

Spoiler

The last fight before disembarking onto Archanea pits you on a ship on a rain-drenched map against three dagons that even my Conqueror Alm (by far my strongest unit, with 40+ total attack with Falchion and 28 defense) can't ORKO (36 HP, but unless Alm crits, they're left with 2-3 after a round of combat. My other units are lucky to deal more than 7 or 8 damage to the dagons, and they often get countered too hard to do much else otherwise). The dagons' ranged water breath eschews any defense and deals around 28 damage per attack, plus they approach and gang up on you, so steering clear of them on such a tiny map is out of the question. In addition, their physical talon attack is strong as well. I managed to kill all three of them due to sheer luck (one of them missed on a 67% hit chance), but I quickly got overwhelmed by the sheer number of reinforcements (Deathgoyles, Falcon Knights... and even three freaking white dragons with higher stats than the dagons?!). Unfortunately, the map's requirement is to rout the enemy, but there is no feasible way to kill every enemy before the reinforcements begin coming en masse. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here in regards to killing these things, but my question is this: Did I shoot myself in the foot because I promoted immediately when my units became eligible to do so? I realize that it makes more sense to do so, but my stats have not been an issue whatsoever until now. Most of them are level 10-15 third tier with the exception of Alm, who is level 5 overclassed. I'm dreading grinding to 20 for all of them because of how abysmally slow and unreliable grinding is in this game, but I fear I may have to solely for the purposes of this stupidly difficult boat map.

Edited by Xanaxian

Is there a way to tell how close you are towards hitting the capacity limit of your item storage? Previous games always showed you how big your item storage is and how much of it is occupied but I can't see anything like this here.

Edited by BrightBow

In the Seabound Shrine dungeon, what exactly does the fountain of experience give? I know the other stat-boosting fountains give +1 to whatever stat they say it will give. But will the fountain of experience give my units 99 exp or something else??

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

In the Seabound Shrine dungeon, what exactly does the fountain of experience give? I know the other stat-boosting fountains give +1 to whatever stat they say it will give. But will the fountain of experience give my units 99 exp or something else??

I believe the fountain of experience gives 100 exp to the unit of your choice (aka an instant level up).

I want to know why everyone is twisting themselves into a pretzel trying to link Shadows of Valentia and Awakening directly to Fire Emblem 4 and 5, all because Risen Bugs appear in Act 6.

Is there a quick way to aquire Bonewalker Oil, or do I have to grind Bonewalkers and hope for the best?

11 hours ago, Xanaxian said:

I figure that the solution to this would be just a classic case of grinding and better planning, but...

Postgame (Act 6)

Hide contents

The last fight before disembarking onto Archanea pits you on a ship on a rain-drenched map against three dagons that even my Conqueror Alm (by far my strongest unit, with 40+ total attack with Falchion and 28 defense) can't ORKO (36 HP, but unless Alm crits, they're left with 2-3 after a round of combat. My other units are lucky to deal more than 7 or 8 damage to the dagons, and they often get countered too hard to do much else otherwise). The dagons' ranged water breath eschews any defense and deals around 28 damage per attack, plus they approach and gang up on you, so steering clear of them on such a tiny map is out of the question. In addition, their physical talon attack is strong as well. I managed to kill all three of them due to sheer luck (one of them missed on a 67% hit chance), but I quickly got overwhelmed by the sheer number of reinforcements (Deathgoyles, Falcon Knights... and even three freaking white dragons with higher stats than the dagons?!). Unfortunately, the map's requirement is to rout the enemy, but there is no feasible way to kill every enemy before the reinforcements begin coming en masse. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here in regards to killing these things, but my question is this: Did I shoot myself in the foot because I promoted immediately when my units became eligible to do so? I realize that it makes more sense to do so, but my stats have not been an issue whatsoever until now. Most of them are level 10-15 third tier with the exception of Alm, who is level 5 overclassed. I'm dreading grinding to 20 for all of them because of how abysmally slow and unreliable grinding is in this game, but I fear I may have to solely for the purposes of this stupidly difficult boat map.

Spam Invoke to distract enemies and buy more time to take them down. The magic ring also lets you outrange the water dragons and kill them more easily.

11 hours ago, Xanaxian said:

Postgame (Act 6)

Reveal hidden contents

What i did was, i took out the Deathgoyels that come from the top right, then some of the Dagons. The reinforcements spawn at turn 3. And because it's turn 3, you can retreat. So i did and then went back to the battle. The Dagons and Deathgoyles that were killed before stay dead. So do the same thing on the other enemies. The third time i went back to the battle, there was only one Deathgoyel. I killed it and the battle ended without the reinforcements spawning.

14 hours ago, Emerson said:

You could have also have forged Iron Lances into Steel Lances

Ah, there's the ticket. I haven't looked much into forging. Thank you!

Near the end of Chapter 4, and hit a dead end with Alm, literally. I am in front of Duma Tower with Celica, ready to go in, and Alm is stuck at Dragon's Maw with a red X in front of the next fight. How do I get passed it, is it attached to doing a certain task with Celica's group, or do I need to somehow backtrack with Alm?

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Near the end of Chapter 4, and hit a dead end with Alm, literally. I am in front of Duma Tower with Celica, ready to go in, and Alm is stuck at Dragon's Maw with a red X in front of the next fight. How do I get passed it, is it attached to doing a certain task with Celica's group, or do I need to somehow backtrack with Alm?

Just complete Duma's Tower, then the way should be free.

Just now, Night Zap said:

Just complete Duma's Tower, then the way should be free.

Cool, that is what I figured would be the case, but wanted to know before moving on. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Sock said:

Is it possible to retreat from the "final boss" in Thabes Labyrinth? And the Fire Dragon in B9?

Can't retreat from the Fire Dragon in B9.

Still don't know about the final boss, I'm not willing to risk it right now.

39 minutes ago, SakuraFish said:

Does anyone know if poison damage kills you if you're below 10 HP at the start of your turn?

Nope. Poison and Megaquake (I know it's called something else) leave you at one HP. Like Fates, only direct combat can kill a unit.