"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

So, are you guaranteed to get at least +1 per level up?  I've gotten more +1s than I can count, but I've yet to get +0 on a level up.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, are you guaranteed to get at least +1 per level up?  I've gotten more +1s than I can count, but I've yet to get +0 on a level up.

I've gotten +0 only on units with capped stats, so I believe this is the case.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

I've gotten +0 only on units with capped stats, so I believe this is the case.

Capped everything or just single capped stats?

40 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

So on Celica's route...I forged a Brave Sword into a Rapier. Would one consider this a...bad idea?

Pretty much yeah. You lose more than you win in the change. You only encounter Terrors and Mages on Celica's route, so the effectiveness will be irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Tamanoir said:

Pretty much yeah. You lose more than you win in the change. You only encounter Terrors and Mages on Celica's route, so the effectiveness will be irrelevant.

Whoops. Well, I suppose I can always make more Brave Swords and transfer the Rapier to Alm?

Where the heck is the final Memory Prism in Thabes Labyrinth? I beat the construct but I didn't see it anywhere. Is there something else to getting it or did I just fail a spot check?

12 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Hide contents

Where the heck is the final Memory Prism in Thabes Labyrinth? I beat the construct but I didn't see it anywhere. Is there something else to getting it or did I just fail a spot check?

It should be in the very middle of the arena. Maybe the lighting is making it hard to see?

If it's not there, something must be really wrong.

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It should be in the very middle of the arena. Maybe the lighting is making it hard to see?

If it's not there, something must be really wrong.

well, I already left, so I guess I'll have to do another run...eventually. >.<

Hi guys, first time posting here.

I was just wondering what the chances were of possible future DLC. Particularly story based ones? It'd be great to see more of the cast get developed ala the Deliverance in the recent DLC. Does lack of data mined evidence work against such a thing happening? 

2 minutes ago, Yawn said:

I was just wondering what the chances were of possible future DLC. Particularly story based ones? It'd be great to see more of the cast get developed ala the Deliverance in the recent DLC. Does lack of data mined evidence work against such a thing happening? 

Awakening & Fates both had more involved DLC that happened about...6  months to a year later,  I believe. "Scramble" or Festival maps allowing for interaction between the two armies would be an easy one, as would giving more purpose to those otherwise unused Berkut lines, and story lines for Celica's side could be interesting. But there's also no guarantee that it will happen and we probably wont know until either later in the year or next year.

I'm not sure if this is happening to other people but when I promoted my Priestess units into the Enchantress class, they lose their unique white magic spells. (e.g. Delthea losing Rewarp, Sonya losing both Entrap & Rewarp) This doesn't happen when I promote my Saint units into the Exemplar class though. Has anyone experienced something similar? I haven't saved so I can still go back if I wanted to.

Edited by Magician Lugh

50 minutes ago, Magician Lugh said:

I'm not sure if this is happening to other people but when I promoted my Priestess units into the Enchantress class, they lose their unique white magic spells. (e.g. Delthea losing Rewarp, Sonya losing both Entrap & Rewarp) This doesn't happen when I promote my Saint units into the Exemplar class though. Has anyone experienced something similar? I haven't saved so I can still go back if I wanted to.

This was addressed a little bit ago.

They relearn them again at the same level they do as a Priestess.

18 hours ago, Yawn said:

I think evidence points to DLC being all finished rather than not.

The most concrete evidence is the Season Pass saying it contains all DLC. Which means we're not getting more, unless it's misleading advertisement or a mistake.

There is still some unused stuff in the game, but it could just be remnants of scrapped plans or abandoned DLC like Fates's unused stuff.

3 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

Thabes Labyrinth's spoiler:

Hide contents

Is Forneus that strange zombie you encounter standing in a room alone?

That's an interesting idea, but is there anything really special about that zombie?

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

There is still some unused stuff in the game, but it could just be remnants of scrapped plans or abandoned DLC like Fates's unused stuff.

2 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I always like this kind of stuff. Anything of interest tucked away?

Also, I don't know if it's been asked already (if so, sorry), but what happens if you kill the final boss with Nosferatu or Illusory Roy or Marth? I'm assuming the game suddenly jumps to Alm and has him deal the final blow anyhow (like in Awakening)? And special dialogue happens when Alm is about to deal the final blow right? In which case, does it trigger if Alm by some remote chance misses (or you're so stupid you forgot to Physic Alm beforehand and accidentally have him suicide on the final boss at the last moment)?

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I always like this kind of stuff. Anything of interest tucked away?

Also, I don't know if it's been asked already (if so, sorry), but what happens if you kill the final boss with Nosferatu or Illusory Roy or Marth? I'm assuming the game suddenly jumps to Alm and has him deal the final blow anyhow (like in Awakening)? And special dialogue happens when Alm is about to deal the final blow right? In which case, does it trigger if Alm by some remote chance misses (or you're so stupid you forgot to Physic Alm beforehand and accidentally have him suicide on the final boss at the last moment)?

Nothing special happens; Alm says his speech, but the other character lands the hit. BTW I think the dialogue only triggers if the KO has been determined.

About unused content, I will probably post an article after the Cipher DLC comes out later this month. I just need to triple check what's in the game and not.

Most of the stuff has already been discovered though, but I can share some unused arts/skills.

Quite a few combat arts/skills seem to be unused. These include ones from existing games such as Lethality, Nihil, Aegis (although Pavise appears), Counter, Paragon, Charm and Pass. Plus multiple skills that halve damage from specific weapons like Weaken Sword and one that reflects magic (Speculum).

1 hour ago, FluffyWarlock said:

Not sure if this is worth it's own topic (or if this question even have a topic of it's own), but is there benefits to promoting at Level 20? In fact, when I should I promote? Right when I can or when I capped a character's level?

This topic has multiple perspectives on this issue:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/72160-echoes-promote-asap-or-promote-at-max-level/

Basically, unless you're obsessed with getting every stat point you can, promote out of Villager right away- it has terrible stats and no benefits. Tier 1 for class sets with 3 tiers should generally be promoted out of immediately as well unless you really want the absolute best stats- for the bonuses are great. For class sets with 2 tiers (Mage, Pegasus Knight) and for Tier 2 classes, promoting is up to you as to when it happens. In SoV, regardless of your unit's tier, experience gain greatly declines after level 10 for the most part, so promoting early should be considered, especially for classes like Myrmidon and Pegasus Knight, which gain very nice class skills on promotion.

Things depend partly on whether you plan on tackling the postgame 6th Act and the difficulty you're playing on. If you're on Hard and Classic, you might want those extra stat points, particularly if you do take on the 6th Act (or so I've heard, haven't started it yet). Though buying Overclasses, if you're willing to shell out real money for them, can compensate for any issue early promotions may cause. Good use of forging helps too, as would growths-boosting Astral Fragments from other DLC.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

So, I'm in the first hideout, and I'd like to know, for my own curiosity... what's the deal with bonus experience?

You mean how to calculate it or why it's there?

It's mainly there to help lagging units catch up.

I think units that get lots of kills get extra Bonus Exp as well.

19 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

You mean how to calculate it or why it's there?

It's mainly there to help lagging units catch up.

I think units that get lots of kills get extra Bonus Exp as well.

Preferably the basics of how it's calculated. I'm fairly sure you can't use it to level up, but apart from that, I'm in the dark.