"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strength stat is used for magic as well.

A villager's usefulness as a mage depends on what spells they learn. Kliff has the most offensive spells, but Robin eventually learns Physic which makes him more versatile.

The Rise of the Deliverance DLC page says you only get the items if "all allies survive". Does this count the nameless ally NPCs in the Zofia Harbor battle? Because I can't figure out how to save them before they get overrun by enemies.

18 minutes ago, Purim said:

The Rise of the Deliverance DLC page says you only get the items if "all allies survive". Does this count the nameless ally NPCs in the Zofia Harbor battle? Because I can't figure out how to save them before they get overrun by enemies.

Those two green soldiers do not matter for the objective. The generic units in your own party do need to survive though.

17 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I have already filled my convoy and I have no idea what to sell. What are the items I should sell in general?

Food and alcohol.

Regarding the 500 Turns or under award/Blitzkrieg award, is there any way to keep track of how many turns you've taken without watching the end-game credits? Also, do days passing on the world map screen count as turns or not? And how much leeway does that award allow you before you pass 500 turns? Are you essentially not allowed any dungeon enemy encounters in order to make it?

10 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

I have already filled my convoy and I have no idea what to sell. What are the items I should sell in general?

Definitely alcohol.
You can also sell most of your food, although personally, I like to keep some around for healing purposes. In some battles, your healers may have trouble keeping up with the damage your other units take, especially if you're trying to go fast - when that happens, being able to provide additional healing for units near your lord can be helpful.
Axes are useless outside of a certain quest, so you can sell all but one.
Exotic spices are also worth selling, as they don't have much use otherwise and are by far your best source of gold marks.

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

Regarding the 500 Turns or under award/Blitzkrieg award, is there any way to keep track of how many turns you've taken without watching the end-game credits?

Not that I'm aware of. You'll have to keep track manually if you want to be sure.

Also, do days passing on the world map screen count as turns or not?

I'm almost certain they don't.

And how much leeway does that award allow you before you pass 500 turns? Are you essentially not allowed any dungeon enemy encounters in order to make it?

It seems fairly lenient - I usually take my time and play it safe in other Fire Emblem games, yet I had no trouble getting the award on a Hard/Classic run on my first serious attempt.
To be precise, I took 296 turns not counting dungeon encounters (that number does include a bunch of scumlord reinforcements on the world map as far as I'm aware), and that's with extremely underleveled units as I skipped the majority of dungeon encounters unless they were blocking a treasure chest. However, most dungeon encounters can easily be cleared in 1 turn if you order your units correctly and get the first strike, so running into a couple of them shouldn't be a problem - you should be fine as long as you don't fight every encounter you come across. Heck, you might be fine even if you do, as long as you're efficient at clearing them and don't take too long on the normal maps.

Edited by Scarlet

From looking at the combat arts section on the the main page, it's come to my attention that the Rapier has a combat art that's a guaranteed fatal attack. Is this true and can anyone confirm?

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

From looking at the combat arts section on the the main page, it's come to my attention that the Rapier has a combat art that's a guaranteed fatal attack. Is this true and can anyone confirm?

I believe what is meant by that combat art's description is that if the attack would kill without a critical, then it is guaranteed to hit. Meaning if you try to attack an enemy with 4 HP left, and your Rapier attack deals at least 4 damage, then the attack will hit no matter how low your actual chance of hitting is. Not that the attack instantly drops the foe's HP from 40 to 0 or whatever.

The main use for this combat art is guaranteeing a KO when you need every hit to land if you want to survive the enemy phase. It's also useful for finishing off foes on pesky avoid-boosting terrain after crippling them with magic and other attacks.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I believe what is meant by that combat art's description is that if the attack would kill without a critical, then it is guaranteed to hit. Meaning if you try to attack an enemy with 4 HP left, and your Rapier attack deals at least 4 damage, then the attack will hit no matter how low your actual chance of hitting is. Not that the attack instantly drops the foe's HP from 40 to 0 or whatever.

The main use for this combat art is guaranteeing a KO when you need every hit to land if you want to survive the enemy phase. It's also useful for finishing off foes on pesky avoid-boosting terrain after crippling them with magic and other attacks.

Thanks for the clarity!

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

If a unit dies in Casual, do they keep their experience they gained in the map, or do they lose that experience like Heroes?

The only thing that fallen units don't gain is the bonus exp at the end of a fight. Otherwise, any experience gained prior to defeat is retained

Q: Do the Cipher characters keep their normal attire when Overclassing, or simply become their Overclass variants like everyone else?

While I am nowhere near to overclassing them, a part of me wants to keep them in their main classes since they fit the character better. Yet, the appeal of another 20 level-ups for stat gains and some extra skills is a little hard to ignore...

40 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Do the Cipher peeps have endings? I got them in Act 6 so it's too late for me

Yes.

You can go back and redo the final battle by the way, although I am not 100% sure if the ending triggers again.

39 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Will I have to worry about missing Palla, Catria and Est? I found them in port, but they won't join me, so I'm a little apprehensive about moving forward...

Palla and Catria will meet you as green units on the way to Grieth's Fortress. I think they recruit themselves, but if they don't, you can still recruit them.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Will I have to worry about missing Palla, Catria and Est? I found them in port, but they won't join me, so I'm a little apprehensive about moving forward...

2 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Palla and Catria will meet you as green units on the way to Grieth's Fortress. I think they recruit themselves, but if they don't, you can still recruit them.

Actually you have to keep them from dying in the one battle and then head back to the port to recruit them.

Isn't Mikhail supposed to drop a Gold Mark? I just did his map and have 0 Gold Marks. Upon reloading an old save, I realized that he doesn't even carry it:

I'm playing the european version on Hard/Classic, if that is in any way relevant.

Edit: Soft resetting as well as exiting and re-entering the battle does not resolve this issue.

Edited by Cyas

Is there a limit to how many items can drop from enemies per battle? I am in the creation fight grinding for astra, and I have gotten 4 Lunas and a Brave sword from Guardians and Vestas, but that was around turn 120, and nothing has dropped since then (on turn 693). I remember hearing something about a dropped item limit, but I cannot find it anywhere hence my question.

7 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Is there a limit to how many items can drop from enemies per battle? I am in the creation fight grinding for astra, and I have gotten 4 Lunas and a Brave sword from Guardians and Vestas, but that was around turn 120, and nothing has dropped since then (on turn 693). I remember hearing something about a dropped item limit, but I cannot find it anywhere hence my question.

I don't think there's a limit. You might be thinking of the limit in the original Gaiden.

When I was battling at the Mountain Graveyard, all enemies dropped items and there were more than 5 enemies (I'm guessing 8).

Don't forget the drop rates are pretty dang low. Luna is the best at 1.25%, but Guardians don't spawn every turn.

Question about the Fire Emblem achievement. It says you have to beat the game on Hard/Classic with no deaths. However, if a unit dies and I say reset, use a resurrect shrine or use the turnwheel, does it still count as the unit dying or can I still salvage the achievement?