"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Pretty much, outside of the 'one true love for Celica' thing.

I didn't pay as much attention to stats as I probably should have, but does he have the 'slowly got outclassed' thing?

Unless you made Atlas a Cavalier, he's the only Cav you get on Celica's side, so he's got that niche cornered, at least, although I did make Atlas a Cav, so I didn't really use him much, since my team was pretty established by the time he joined.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Unless you made Atlas a Cavalier, he's the only Cav you get on Celica's side, so he's got that niche cornered, at least, although I did make Atlas a Cav, so I didn't really use him much, since my team was pretty established by the time he joined.

I made Atlas a cavalier, but benched him soon after.

Coming with a Blessed Lance probably confuses me somewhat- since Mathilda had a Blessed Lance glued to her for much longer (I recruited Zeke before starting Celica's Act 4, so Mathilda had been hanging around for a long time beforehand).

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I didn't pay as much attention to stats as I probably should have, but does he have the 'slowly got outclassed' thing?

Conrad's only major problem is that very late joining time. His Atk growth is a bit lacking, but he isn't around long enough for that to be a real issue- all his other growths are good and it'll take only a little grinding to get him to Gold Knight if you want to early promote (and for the main game, there isn't much left for Celica's team). His offense might be a little underwhelming vs. a Mage or a Falco fighting Terrors, but it's on par with a base Dread Fighter off the bat (though they do have Brave Sword access for an offense thats randomly stronger). 

Conrad faces no competition indeed outside of Atlas (who is way too slow and fragile, even if strong), Faye and Kliff (both better left to Alm's crew in other classes), and Randal, but he's paid DLC. He's no juggernaut, but he is wonderful filler.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Conrad's only major problem is that very late joining time. His Atk growth is a bit lacking, but he isn't around long enough for that to be a real issue- all his other growths are good and it'll take only a little grinding to get him to Gold Knight if you want to early promote (and for the main game, there isn't much left for Celica's team). His offense might be a little underwhelming vs. a Mage or a Falco fighting Terrors, but it's on par with a base Dread Fighter off the bat (though they do have Brave Sword access for an offense thats randomly stronger). 

Conrad faces no competition indeed outside of Atlas (who is way too slow and fragile, even if strong), Faye and Kliff (both better left to Alm's crew in other classes), and Randal, but he's paid DLC. He's no juggernaut, but he is wonderful filler.

In that case, I think he'd be closer to manga Tuxedo, or maybe the story of SoV only matches the first season of Sailor Moon and not the later ones, where he got hit with power creep in the first place.

EDIT: Question- can I deploy less than 10 units or my whole party in dungeons? I'm doing my All Girl run now, and I'd like to not have to worry about moving Lukas and the villagers around out of the way of enemies while Alm and Faye do their stuff.

Edited by phineas81707

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

EDIT: Question- can I deploy less than 10 units or my whole party in dungeons? I'm doing my All Girl run now, and I'd like to not have to worry about moving Lukas and the villagers around out of the way of enemies while Alm and Faye do their stuff.

Nope. You can manually evacuate them after entering the dungeon.

13 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Nope. You can manually evacuate them after entering the dungeon.

Hm. Is this in combat or while I'm moving around?

Unrelated, but when looking at the Standard data display (raw hit chance, attack, defence and crit) numbers, what is the purpose of the orange extensions to the stat bars? Do the numbers account for this?

46 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm. Is this in combat or while I'm moving around?

Unrelated, but when looking at the Standard data display (raw hit chance, attack, defence and crit) numbers, what is the purpose of the orange extensions to the stat bars? Do the numbers account for this?

When you move around. When you bring up your menu after you enter the dungeon, you can tell which unit to evacuate the dungeon. Evacuating your lord makes your whole party leave the dungeon though.

The orange extension indicate boosts to the calculation. Usually they come from supports & weapon skills(don't know if you can get boosts from other places that show up as orange) so if you have a unit who has supports fight by themself or use a weapon that doesn't increase your stat display, you'll only see white bars. 

Edited by tobuShogi

4 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

The orange extension indicate boosts to the calculation. Usually they come from supports & weapon skills(don't know if you can get boosts from other places that show up as orange) so if you have a unit who has supports fight by themself or use a weapon that doesn't increase your stat display, you'll only see white bars. 

Figured as much. But is the extension accounted for in the combat numbers (as in, a base crit of 5 with a bonus of +6 shows 5 or 11)?

19 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Figured as much. But is the extension accounted for in the combat numbers (as in, a base crit of 5 with a bonus of +6 shows 5 or 11)?

You mean are they included in the battle forecast? Yes. The orange bars indicate post buff display. So in your case, it'll show up as 11 if you get a +6 buff and you already have a 5 base crit.

@phineas81707 Here are some screenshots

Within support range

PAYxAlS.jpg

Out of support range

uh1W0lI.jpg?1

Edited by tobuShogi

So did Gray's portrait under Alm's terrain bonus in this screenshot ever get explained?

10d5164d06.png

Yeah, I figured it out when the screenshot was first shown. It can also happen in the final release.

See this page.

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/support-bonus/

Alm gets 3 Crt from standing near Gray.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, I figured it out when the screenshot was first shown. It can also happen in the final release.

See this page.

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/support-bonus/

Alm gets 3 Crt from standing near Gray.

The Support thing, I understand. But do we still have the portraits?

Edited by phineas81707

The Support thing, I understand. But do we still have the portraits?

I thought you might ask that.

You need to be a bit more observant while playing XD

issItn3.png

1 hour ago, LordOTaco said:

Ok lots of DLC which ones are the grinding ones (aka exponential growth, gold etc).  Any other ones that are recommended or just a jolly good time?

Early-game grinding: Astral Temple, Band of Bandages, Wretches and Riches

Mid/late-game grinding: Inner Sanctum, Lords of the Grave, Wealth before Health

As for fun DLC, I'd recommend the Cipher Companions. Maybe Rise of the Deliverance if you liked the Deliverance characters.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Early-game grinding: Astral Temple, Band of Bandages, Wretches and Riches

Mid/late-game grinding: Inner Sanctum, Lords of the Grave, Wealth before Health

As for fun DLC, I'd recommend the Cipher Companions. Maybe Rise of the Deliverance if you liked the Deliverance characters.

Wow thanks!  Yeah I'm weird I like to grind in my Fire Emblem games...lol

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I thought you might ask that.

You need to be a bit more observant while playing XD

issItn3.png

Yep, guess I do.

On a side note, I guess that's why Alm hasn't got as many crits in my All Girls run as he did on my casual one- three crit really matters...

(Also, is the negative bonus thing actually a thing for Faye?)

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

(Also, is the negative bonus thing actually a thing for Faye?)

Yes, she gets negative avoid when near Alm. She’s too focused on him for her own good, you know.

4 hours ago, onmyoji said:

From the list on this page (https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/random-items/temple-of-stars/), seems like you can't get Blessed Bow from the DLC map. 

So, is there any other way to obtain 2nd Blessed Bow?

There is one in a chest on B6 of the thabes labyrinth, but this is postgame only

There is a (very) small chance of getting it in treasure chests you get from streetpass. There is a 15% chance of getting a chest on any given streetpass, a 5% chance of getting a B rank treasure (the category including the blessed bow), and 21 different items in Group B, for a .04% chance of getting the blessed bow when you streetpass (although lots of the other items that you can get this way are also otherwise unique, like the blessed shield, or would be almost as hard to get using other methods, like astra, luna, and sol.)

Edited by sirmola

So, in the course of my All-Girls Run, I caught this screen as my results for Grieth's Citadel. However, I know this screen doesn't tell the whole story- Celica killed the Cantor, which is not presented. Is it possible to see beyond the listed kills, or does it only show the first ~10?

With the release of the artbook, do have any idea what's going to happen for the characters that never had their official art released (ie. the ones used in their status profile)? 

If I recall correctly, there's still Mathilda, Deen, Forscyth, Tatiana, Nomah and Mycen. May be missing some people, but yeah. Should I abandon all hope for their release or is there potential for another artbook down the line featuring the completed artworks? Or is it going to be like Fates where characters official art will never see the light of day?

Do Support Points accumulate if you don't get the next level immediately? Because of the 'no-evacuations allowed' rule on Duma Temple, I'm forced to keep Zeke, Mycen and Clive around doing nothing, and they've been accumulating enough points to get their C supports with Tatiana, Alm and Mathilda respectively, and it got me curious.

• 3 weeks later...