"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

Are there any guide-dang-it things I should know ahead of time?  Like A Rank with Kaze, take away Orson's weapons, get to level 7 with Nils, etc?

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are there any guide-dang-it things I should know ahead of time?  Like A Rank with Kaze, take away Orson's weapons, get to level 7 with Nils, etc?

This is working off Gaiden knowledge, so I don't know if some things were made more obvious or changed a bit in Echoes.

Act 3

On Celica's side, only one of Deen or Sonya can be recruited. Do the map of the person you don't want to get the person you do want i.e. do Sonya's map to recruit Deen.

On Celica's side, after her first map, go back to the port town near the end of Act 2 to recruit Palla and Catria.

Act 4

On Alm's side, do the maps to the East fork before the West fork to recruit Tatiana and Zeke.

On Alm's side, after a map with a Baron boss, about two battles away from the end of the Act, go East at the split instead of North for a secret shrine.

There are other things I'm sure, but those are the most obvious guide-dang-it things off the top of my head, as contradictory as that sounds.

35 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

This is working off Gaiden knowledge, so I don't know if some things were made more obvious or changed a bit in Echoes.

Act 3

Hide contents

On Celica's side, only one of Deen or Sonya can be recruited. Do the map of the person you don't want to get the person you do want i.e. do Sonya's map to recruit Deen.

On Celica's side, after her first map, go back to the port town near the end of Act 2 to recruit Palla and Catria.

Act 4

Hide contents

On Alm's side, do the maps to the East fork before the West fork to recruit Tatiana and Zeke.

On Alm's side, after a map with a Baron boss, about two battles away from the end of the Act, go East at the split instead of North for a secret shrine.

There are other things I'm sure, but those are the most obvious guide-dang-it things off the top of my head, as contradictory as that sounds.

Thanks, it's not as bad here, since I know the overall story, even though I've never played the game, but I try to avoid guides as much as possible to avoid spoilers.

14 hours ago, Konnor97 said:

Chapter 5 spoilers

Hide contents

Does Celica's army still take damage while Alm is going through Act 5?

Nah.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nothing major, but some things I thought were important and easy to miss.

Many weapons can be upgraded to unique weapons, such as the Golden Dagger to Celica's prf sword.

Faye really ought to be a Cleric to learn Again/Anew.

I have a question about the amiibo dungeons. On the amiibo page for Echoes it says that you can't progress to the next level in the dungeon without the minimum power rating. Does anyone know what the power rating requirements are for these dungeons? 

Does this game have replayability/NG+ features? I know its based on the older games (which i also love)  but the newer games had a bit morw replayability( besides DLC).

3 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Does this game have replayability/NG+ features? I know its based on the older games (which i also love)  but the newer games had a bit morw replayability( besides DLC).

There's a post-game chapter but it's pretty difficult from what I hear. It consists of three boat maps, a village, and a 10-floor dungeon, the dungeon being the hardest part. The chapter itself isn't really a chapter, as there is no story to it however

Spoiler

It has lore that connects the game to Awakening

Once you're done with that though, there's not much else to do. You could maybe go and do some quests you missed or try to get all the medals, but really, once you're done with Act 6, it's best to just start a new game. Fire Emblem isn't really strong when it comes to post-game stuff.

As for replayability, well, each Fire Emblem playthrough is different, so there's that.

The replayability is pretty high tough, as you can use different classes, recruit different characters and learn different skills.

What I want to know is: is there a multiplayer mode? Like player vs player?

2 minutes ago, Enaluxeme said:

The replayability is pretty high tough, as you can use different classes, recruit different characters and learn different skills.

What I want to know is: is there a multiplayer mode? Like player vs player?

There isn't, strangely. Multiplayer and communication functions really took a backseat in this game.

I was updating the entire Name Chart by looking at this leaked video from @MrPerson0's channel. I managed to get some of the items and Arts Combat skills names down in the localized section, but I don't know some of the Arts Combat Skills for what does Heavy Draw, Subdue, Scandscale (isn't that belong for Falchion and Alm's Blade, correct?), Deicide (isn't that belong for Falchion and Alm's Blade, correct?), Penetrate, Destreza, Shadow Gambit, Sunder (isn't that belong for Rhomphaia, correct?), Defensive (isn't that belong for Saunion, correct?), and Incaration (from Jedah's stats in Act 5) belongs at:

Spoiler

Second question could be spoilerish:

Spoiler

If Conrad can reclass into a Villager and the Mercenary line with the Villager Item, can he wield the Zofian Blade like Celica or is the sword from Zofia Royalty only can be wield by Celica?

Edited by King Marth 64

46 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

There isn't, strangely. Multiplayer and communication functions really took a backseat in this game.

I was so disappointed by that. Fates' online battles were great, and Awakening's Double Duels were fun to do if you had a local friend with the game. Awakening probably had the best StreetPass feature of the 3DS FEs too.

@King Marth 64 For your second question, just did a quick test by turning Conrad into a Dread Fighter. He cannot use Beloved Zofia.

Edited by MrPerson0

6 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Fates' online battles were great

Were they? Because every time i tried the online battles, all i kept coming across were a bunch of hackers. Some examples include when i came across a team that just consisted of Feral Dragon Kanas, or a Corrin that had an inventory with 5 Omega Yatos. Imagine the boosts it had. And the amount of times i came across units with Skills they shouldn't be able to obtain legitamate means were too many to count.

Even when i wasn't fighting hackers, Fates' PvP was immensely unbalanced, all thanks to being able to buy Skills, also stat inflation. Example: my Ophelia with 45+ Magic using Excalibur against a Benny who had like, 29 Resistance. Wanna know how much damage Ophelia did? Like, 13 if memory serves correctly. 13 damage. A Witch with maxed out stats dealing 13 damage to a General with maxed out stats. What even was that.

After Fates, i never want to see PvP in FE ever again.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Were they? Because every time i tried the online battles, all i kept coming across were a bunch of hackers. Some examples include when i came across a team that just consisted of Feral Dragon Kanas, or a Corrin that had an inventory with 5 Omega Yatos. Imagine the boosts it had. And the amount of times i came across units with Skills they shouldn't be able to obtain legitamate means were too many to count.

Even when i wasn't fighting hackers, Fates' PvP was immensely unbalanced, all thanks to being able to buy Skills, also stat inflation. Example: my Ophelia with 45+ Magic using Excalibur against a Benny who had like, 29 Resistance. Wanna know how much damage Ophelia did? Like, 13 if memory serves correctly. 13 damage. A Witch with maxed out stats dealing 13 damage to a General with maxed out stats. What even was that.

After Fates, i never want to see PvP in FE ever again.

Hmm, yeah. When you put it that way, guess not. I guess Awakening's communication features was better since hacking wasn't really around when it was released.

46 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I was updating the entire Name Chart by looking at this leaked video from @MrPerson0's channel. I managed to get some of the items and Arts Combat skills names down in the localized section, but I don't know what does Heavy Draw, Subdue, Scandscale (isn't that belong for Falchion and Alm's Blade, correct?), Deicide (isn't that belong for Falchion and Alm's Blade, correct?), Penetrate, Destreza, Shadow Gambit, Sunder (isn't that belong for Rhomphaia, correct?), and Defensive (isn't that belong for Saunion, correct?) belongs at:

Sorry for double post:

US = Japanese Fan Translation

Scendscale = Dragon Conquest, Deicide = Godslayer, Subdue = Mercy, Defensive = Fortification, Penetrate = Force Through, Destreza = Death Tracer, Shadow Gambit = Shadowchaser, Heavy Draw = Mighty Arrow, Sunder = Double Severity.

Took a quick look at the link. It's called Crosswise Cut, not Crosswire Cut.

Edited by MrPerson0

3 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Sorry for double post:

US = Japanese Fan Translation

Scendscale = Dragon Conquest, Deicide = Godslayer, Subdue = Mercy, Defensive = Fortification, Penetrate = Force Through, Destreza = Death Tracer, Shadow Gambit = Shadowchaser, Heavy Draw = Mighty Arrow, Sunder = Double Severity.

Took a quick look at the link. It's called Crosswise Cut, not Crosswire Cut.

Alright thanks.

And also, I did looked at Jedah's and Duma's Stats, what does Incaration (Jedah) and Upheaval (Duma) belongs to? Since I can't find it in the Arts Combat page since Jedah and Duma doesn't look like they share the same Arts Combat skills and I did used Command F on Duma and Jedah (putting Jedah's fan name since the Arts Combat page needs to be updated).

Aha, I didn't even realise Destreza is a fencing technique.

Love how Duma is a Fell God.

Too bad he no longer shares the same title as Yune, but it fits with Grima better now.

Yo @King Marth 64, the Fire Emblem wiki has a bunch of the translations.

Link

Sorry if this is the wrong topic but since he has been asking questions about translations and stuff, I taught it was relevant.

25 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yo @King Marth 64, the Fire Emblem wiki has a bunch of the translations.

Link

Sorry if this is the wrong topic but since he has been asking questions about translations and stuff, I taught it was relevant.

Wait, where did those guys from that Fire Emblem Wiki get those rest of the other localized names (like Bosses from Act 3, Act 4, and Act 6, the entire Acts names, NPCs besides Lima IV and Mila, rest of the Provisions, Items, and Arts Combat Skills, etc.) from at? Did someone else data-mined the English copy as well and showed the entire list as well?

And also, I wanted to ask about those five enemies in Act 5:

Spoiler

I just wondered about those enemy units: Aurum (Bow Knight), Argentum (Bow Knight), Naberius (Dread Fighter), Cerberus (Dread Fighter), and Hades (Gold Knight) from Act 5, did they change it those 5 from classes into actual enemy units characters and put them into Dread Fighter, Gold Knight, and Bow Knights since those guys have the Gold Knight, Bow Knight, and Dread Fighter sprites in the original game, I did saw them that were marked in the class page in the original game instead of having them in the boss page?

Edited by King Marth 64

12 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, where did those guys from that Fire Emblem Wiki get those rest of the other localized names (like Bosses from Act 3, Act 4, and Act 6, the entire Acts names, NPCs besides Lima IV and Mila, rest of the Provisions, Items, and Arts Combat Skills, etc.) from at? Did someone else data-mined the English copy as well and showed the entire list as well?

And also, I wanted to ask about those five enemies in Act 5:

Hide contents

I just wondered about those enemy units: Aurum (Bow Knight), Argentum (Bow Knight), Naberius (Dread Fighter), Cerberus (Dread Fighter), and Hades (Gold Knight) from Act 5, did they change it those 5 from classes into actual enemy units characters and put them into Dread Fighter, Gold Knight, and Bow Knights since those guys have the Gold Knight, Bow Knight, and Dread Fighter sprites in the original game, I did saw them that were marked in the class page in the original game instead of having them in the boss page?

I don't know where they got the info from, but they probably have someone working on the site who managed to get an early copy or datamined it.

As for the other question:

Spoiler

I could be wrong, but I believe those special Chapter 5 bosses are listed under the class files in the game but they are given unique portraits and names, but are otherwise identical stat wise.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Maybe a mild gameplay spoiler

Hide contents

What do Kliff and Faye say if Celica recruits them instead of Alm?

Along the lines of...

"Yo, is that you Celica? Man, it's been so long."

"Man, this village is pretty boring now that Alm's gone."

"Do you mind if I tag along?"

Or if you meant the actual conversations, I don't have the English files atm. But it's pretty much that XD

Just now, VincentASM said:

Hide contents

Along the lines of...

"Yo, is that you Celica? Man, it's been so long."

"Man, this village is pretty boring now that Alm's gone."

"Do you mind if I tag along?"

Or if you meant the actual conversations, I don't have the English files atm. But it's pretty much that XD

Thanks bud!

Spoiler

Aw man, no "Alm ditched us!" huh?