What DLC rewards, classes, and possibly other characters do you like to see it happening for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia?

DLC Classes: Devs should only stick to giving the player access to special classes / enemy exclusive classes. I would like to see the player given access to classes such as Brigand, Witch, Shaman, and Arcanist, in addition to that village fork item.

DLC side stories: Would love to see each of the characters from archanea have a sort of prologue chapter to the events that occured in mystery of the emblem (i.e. Zeke forging his mask, Est and Abel engaged, Palla distraught over losing abel). Think it would be a great way to connect this game to Mystery of the Emblem.

I'd actually like to see a Xenologue in which some characters go to Archanea and help Marth with rebuilding Altea or something, like fend off brigands. As a reward you can get a Hero's Brand or like an Archanean Rapier that resembles Falchion or something. Maybe even make Marth playable, but that would be a bit inconsistent and might uncomfortably dig into FE12 plot-wise. I don't know. I just love the Archanea games. :D:

Too bad Faye doesn't have the dancer class option. That would be nice, since she only has 4 classes to choose from while her male counterparts get 5...

Personally, I'd really love some spell tomes for the purpose of filling up blank spots in the spell lists of most of the male characters, as many of them I intend to reclass into Mages for fun's sake. It'd greatly increase customizability and make characters like Atlas that bit better.

The logical and easy thing would be Lodestar, Vanguard, Great Lord, Grandmaster, and whatever the corns are. Maybe toss in Witch and Arcanist or whatever too.

Don't really want or need anything else.

45 minutes ago, hinode said:

On second thought, I vote Master Knight as a DLC class. The fanbase reaction would be priceless.

9 mov mounted mage that can use both types of magic, bows, lances, and swords sounds pretty fun to me.
Fuck it, we can ever throw axes in for a good ol fun time!

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I'd like some of the enemy only spells like Messiah.

So... Invoke?
Basically the same skill - you just wanna summon some monsters instead?
Besides that, I'd like to see a DLC Map where we play as Marth and some of his men after the events of Gaiden/SoV but before the events of FE3 Book/FE12.

33 minutes ago, N30 said:

So... Invoke?
Basically the same skill - you just wanna summon some monsters instead?
Besides that, I'd like to see a DLC Map where we play as Marth and some of his men after the events of Gaiden/SoV but before the events of FE3 Book/FE12.

Summoning gargoyles, bone walkers, and others would be fun. Some of the other enemy magic like Miasma, Mire, and perhaps even stuff like Medusa would be neat as well.

Playing as the Archanea cast would be a huge undertaking, I'm not sure DLC could handle it?

8 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Playing as the Archanea cast would be a huge undertaking, I'm not sure DLC could handle it?

Instead of actually playing as them, it could be something similar to Before Awakening with a few Ally characters consisting of Marth and a others.

16 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

Villager's Fork is all I'm asking for now. An Apotheosis-like map would also be appreciated.

Better yet, an Apotheosis like Dungeon. I would kill for a 10-20 floor Apotheosis style dungeon.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Better yet, an Apotheosis like Dungeon. I would kill for a 10-20 floor Apotheosis style dungeon.

The you'll like the postgame dungeon.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

The you'll like the postgame dungeon.

I read Pikappa's review of the dungeon, I cannot wait to play through that part. As I said before, dungeons are the biggest thing I am excited for with SoV, and Chapter 6 sounds like my kind of dungeon. I just hope they build off the idea of dungeons with the DLC, and add in a few other DLC dungeons.

That and I would love to see dungeons return in future Fire Emblem games, but at the same time it might ruin the novelty of them in SoV/Gaiden.

I did saw that there's a data-mine info that there's going to be new DLC classes and items that are going to be added in Echoes that was mentioned from VincentASM's (Avyen Knight) thread. I'm glad that Alm and Celica are going to get 3rd Tier classes or special Reclass items (depends on how it works?). I did saw that we are going to get 10 classes added. But, I still hope that if we are getting those DLC skills?

14 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I read Pikappa's review of the dungeon, I cannot wait to play through that part. As I said before, dungeons are the biggest thing I am excited for with SoV, and Chapter 6 sounds like my kind of dungeon. I just hope they build off the idea of dungeons with the DLC, and add in a few other DLC dungeons.

That and I would love to see dungeons return in future Fire Emblem games, but at the same time it might ruin the novelty of them in SoV/Gaiden.

Totally taking a detour from the topic here, but are you a fan of Shin Megami Tensei? Judging by how much like SMT IV the dungeons and towns look in this I'd say it might be right up your alley.

Honestly I think IS might have even decided to use Atlas as inspiration for this game after working with them on #FE.

Edited by ZoeTrent

1 minute ago, ZoeTrent said:

Totally taking a detour from the topic here, but are you a fan of Shin Megami Tensei? Judging by how much like SMT IV the dungeons and towns look in this I'd say it might be right up your alley.

Honestly I think IS might have even decided to use Atlas as inspiration after #FE.

I have been wanting to try those games for a while. I just havent found a copy of one yet, or know where to start. I will definitely take a look at that one though, especially if it has a lot of good dungeons. Its why I love the Zelda series so much, Dungeon Crawling is my favorite thing in gaming. That and actual dungeon crawlers like Champions of Norrath and Diablo III.

Thanks though, I will have to take a look at that. And yes, I would be willing to bet money that IS got the idea of these style of dungeons after the crossover game.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wait, I think I remembered what DLC items, spells, and other DLC Arts Combat skills that I forgot to put them down that I do want to see returned to Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I do want to see the spells of Bolganone, Elfire, Elthunder, Wind, Elwind, Rexcalibur, Arcwind, Arcfire, Arcthunder, and Fimbulvetr comeback and for weapons, I do want to see Killing Edges and Killer Lances return as well (I did saw Killer Bows returned, but not Killing Edges nor Killer Lances?). And other Arts Combat skills that I forgot to add Paragon, Counter, Countermagic, Nihil, Deadeye, Flare, Impale from Radiant Dawn, and Adept to return to Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as well.

Edited by King Marth 64