Need new advice for summoning.

Thany

Recently i just got told that spending orbs between banners doesnt save how many orbs you used..... thus spending 120 orbs wont get you a forced 5 star..... I was told incorrectly before that and now im stuck with no orbs and many draws later without a single 5 star in my drought..... So now i need advice on how one avoids temptation of summoning and saving orbs so i can force a 5 star in the future...

Don't be a moron

For every player who gets a ton of 5 stars with 120 orbs, there's a player who gets screwed and has nothing. In fact there's probably more player who get nothing!

I pay attention to the bad pulls in pull topic more than the good ones. Not to mention I don't give a flaming electric guitar (wired to combust) what these heroes look like. Or smell like (irrelevant detail). I pay attention to the stats:

I say does this unit really help me in my endeavors? Will there be a better unit next time?

If no to the first I'll just keep saving my orbs. If no to the first and second it doesn't matter cause they'll be added to the pool anyway!

I don't know if that helps, but I would just wait until you have amassed a fair amount of Orbs again. Then use them on a single banner, which has a high drop rate for one or two colors and only pull them (e.g. I've read that the current Wyvern Banner got a green drop rate over 16%). Try to use them on a banner that has a hero you like as a focus character.

It won't guarantee a 5 star, nevertheless it worked quite well for me.

43 minutes ago, Thany said:

thus spending 120 orbs wont get you a forced 5 star.....

It's 120 pulls, not 120 orbs.

Rather than trying to force a 5-star (the probability of failing to pull a 5-star 120 times in a row is 0.00003% or 1 in 3.6 million), if all you are aiming for is a 5-star character of any kind, do focused pulls from the color with the highest 5-star rate. For example, there was a 9.5% chance (1 in 10.5) of pulling a 5-star when pulling only colorless from the Blazing Shadows focus (at base probabilities). This is more than 1.5 times the overall base rate of 6% when pulling all 5 characters from each set regardless of color.

EDIT:

4 minutes ago, M.T. Cicero said:

(e.g. I've read that the current Wyvern Banner got a green drop rate over 16%)

Indeed it does. The base 5-star drop rate when pulling only green is actually 16.9% or 1 in 5.9 pulls.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rather than trying to force a 5-star (the probability of failing to pull a 5-star 120 times in a row is 0.00003% or 1 in 3.6 million), if all you are aiming for is a 5-star character of any kind, do focused pulls from the color with the highest 5-star rate. For example, there was a 9.5% chance (1 in 10.5) of pulling a 5-star when pulling only colorless from the Blazing Shadows focus (at base probabilities). This is more than 1.5 times the overall base rate of 6% when pulling all 5 characters from each set regardless of color.

Does summons mean the amount of times you start, or the amount of orbs opened?

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT:

Indeed it does. The base 5-star drop rate when pulling only green is actually 16.9% or 1 in 5.9 pulls.

I may have to reconsider pulling on the Wyvern Focus, the only bad part is Minerva is the only one I don't have yet.

I think in the end it really just comes down to self-control, but if you really want advice, I suggest avoiding the 'pulls' topic altogether and to focus on training up anyone who might be useful to you-- any skill fodder gets trained up to level 20, any potentially-useful units, up to 40. It's always rough when you save a lot of orbs and have nothing you wanted to show for it once you've spent them all (I had the same issue with Ninian in the last focus, spent 120 orbs on essentially nothing but skill fodder lol) and I keep looking at my paltry orb count and being bitter (esp after summoning for 4 greens at the Wyvern focus and getting 3 Barsts lmao), so right now I'm just trying to focus my attention on training up some good stuff that I DID get plus Michalis and Navarre and whatnot. And for the most part, that works for me. 

Edited by BANRYU

Best the way to handle the banners.  Is to look at them in 2 way. The focus Characters and percentage chance of 5* color hero.  So with the banners their off a small percentage of, hey you may get this character at max rarity without having to promote by hero feathers.  if your looking or waiting for a specific character in theory your odds while small are better with going with that focus banner.  Next part is the actual math. Cleargamereviews on youtube usually does videos were he gives the % of if you go with this banner and pick this color orb.  So if your looking for a general 5* you want to go with those banners.  Where out of the 4 current banners. If you want a 5* green unit(not including spring characters).  You would want to pull from their.

So it comes down for what your looking for and being patient which can be difficult giving the craziness the micro transactions this games does.  So you got think a head of time am I going for specific characters and what would give me the best chance for that. Next take into consideration you may not get said character.  Also remember this banners are to sell to the community in general and not you specifically.  So don't panic if the game keeps throwing stuff at ya.  While they want patronage you are not finical responsible to buy naything from them.  Other then that just take easy and remember with this game their will be disappointment. Like I failed to get Spring Lucina and that upset me greatly.  Where I try my best as player to pull trying using the right orb colors and failed summon bonus and while I got other characters I still failed.  So prepare for disappointment.  Other then that focus on a good team to make with who you have.  So far I promoted 2 character to 5* status with feathers.  As long as your happy with that team you should be safe with banner temptation.

If you summon all 5 stones in a summoning session, you need 480 orbs without a 5* to get a forced 5*. This applies only to one banner you are using all your orbs on. It costs more than 480 orbs if you don't open all 5 stones each session for the orb discount. This really just matters to whales not really F2P unless you hoard orbs for months since you have to do it all on one banner before it ends and resets the 5* pity chance.

Summoning for 5*s is more for personal attachment with certain characters more than anything.  There are plenty of OP 4* units you can get to 5* (Kagero) pretty quickly.  Additionally, some units like Hinata are extremely valuable because of their skill inheritance. 

I don't ever recommend 'going for 5*s'.  If there's a 5* focus unit you have personal attachment to, spend ALL your orbs trying to get it.  Going for random 5*s is never a good idea because most 5*s have some 4* that can mimic it pretty well with skill inheritance.  I've ditched my first account because I realized that of the 8 5*s I had, I cared about 2 of them.  My cavalry account has 5 5*s that are all horse units that I wanted.  Guess which account I like more?

4 hours ago, M.T. Cicero said:

I don't know if that helps, but I would just wait until you have amassed a fair amount of Orbs again. Then use them on a single banner, which has a high drop rate for one or two colors and only pull them (e.g. I've read that the current Wyvern Banner got a green drop rate over 16%). Try to use them on a banner that has a hero you like as a focus character.

It won't guarantee a 5 star, nevertheless it worked quite well for me.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but does the wyvern banner have more chance of giving out more greens orbs because all the focus units are green?

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but does the wyvern banner have more chance of giving out more greens orbs because all the focus units are green?

Yes, technically in the wyvern banner if you don't care what you get, you should open greens as often as you can.  I still don't recommend this approach, however.

EDIT:  Actually, my apologies I just looked at the wyvern banner for the first time (didn't really care about it).  You should only be pulling green orbs if you're using the wyvern banner because all focus characters are green.  If you want another color you should consider summoning from a different focus for sure.

If you are still planning to summon for any/all 5*s you should definitely not be using this focus.  You should be using one that has 1 of each color or the closest to that you can get so you can maximize your pulls.

Edited by Lushen

I can feel with you. I went through quit a bit more orbs than 120 and only got one non-focus 5*. Our perception of how random numbers function is skewed, therefore droughts stick out to us more...

My advice would be to save orbs and draw every two or three weeks from a focus banner which has as many units as possible which you wouldn't mind pulling. The fewer colors in the banner the better chances you'll have of singling out 5*s (if colors really are slapped onto the summons after the characters are determined). Just don't forget, in the end the odds for 5*s still remain low. (and low chances imply real high variance/deviance from expected behavior)

Also collect those 3*s and 4*s. Some are really worth promoting and some are awesome skill fodder.

If we consider: If you played since the beginning, it would have been possible to collect enough feathers for 2-3 5* promotions. 5* Sharena/Anna/Michalis/Alfonse maybe along with an Olivia, all with inherited skills aren't to be sneezed upon. That already gives a solid team. (don't forget awesome quest helpers like Subaki, Gunter, Narcian etc).

Make as much out of what the game gives you for free and just enjoy playing the game:):

Thank you all for the advice. I'll be taking this advice and hopefully listen to it well.

its just unfortunate there are some units that are only 5 star... i would of liked trying to get one of every unit.

26 minutes ago, Thany said:

Thank you all for the advice. I'll be taking this advice and hopefully listen to it well.

its just unfortunate there are some units that are only 5 star... i would of liked trying to get one of every unit.

Yw and yeah... sorry about that. This game is quite unkind to collectors...

Hell, I just want all the dragons + all the dark mages + other favorites (Ephraim, Lyn, Camilla, etc.) but even THAT feels like asking for too much after seeing what I get lmao.