What's up with Berkut? (and other music tidbits)

Listening to the BGM of this game (thanks to VincentASM; link: here) I've noticed a few notable details, whether story related or just strange. First off, Berkut. While I've mostly been avoiding the details of Echoes, I am aware that Berkut is a new character in Echoes, being an antagonist and nephew to Emperor Rudlf of Rigel. However, in the BGM, there are 4 tracks named after him- one theme (BGM_EVT_Berkut.mp3), one map theme (BGM_MAP_B_Berkut.mp3), and two battle themes (BGM_BTL_Berkut1.mp3 and BGM_BTL_Berkut2.mp3). While his themes are all incredibly epic, it's not usual for a seemingly minor antagonist. I mean, he has his own map theme? That puts him on par with Rudlf and Doma. So the question here is why? Might this guy be far more important than we think?

Secondly, most of the themes in this game are directly remastered from Gaiden, which is good, as even though it was all 8-bit Gaiden has some awesome music. However, some themes (like BGM_MAP_B_E1.mp3 and BGM_MAP_B_E4.mp3) seem to be remixes of the same original track. This makes sense because Gaiden was a NES/Famicom system, so it can't hold as much music as the 3DS can. But the final map's enemy phase music was remixed twice (BGM_MAP_D_Doma.mp3 and one of the creepiest musics I've ever heard BGM_MAP_B_E3.mp3). So why is the final map's music in here twice? It would make sense if one was Doma's theme, but they are both labeled as MAP.

Finally, BGM_MAP_B_O3.mp3 is a direct remix of New Mystery of the Emblem's "Forbidden Sanctuary" (I'd link it but I don't know how. It's in the music section of this website.). It could just be a throwback, but it seems weird to just remix an obscure track from another fairly obscure game.

So, what's going on here? Your thoughts?

Uh you do realize that Map O3 is something speculated to be in Chapter 6 (speculated because no one in the /r/FE discord or here have seem to even reach Duma at the time I'm typing this out.).

Just now, N30 said:

Uh you do realize that Map O3 is something speculated to be in Chapter 6 (speculated because no one in the /r/FE discord or here have seem to even reach Duma at the time I'm typing this out.).

True, but if Chapter 6 is supposed to be a reference to/explanation for Awakening, then why does it use NMotE music? Shouldn't it be a remixed Awakening theme?

i don't see anything wrong with using New Mystery's final map theme. I'd say it fits considering 

Spoiler

Grima's origins and the state of Akaneia continent as a whole by Chrom's time anyhow.

Edited by N30

2 remixes of final map enemy phase theme are due to the fact that a dungeon at the end of the game uses the same music as the enemy phase of the final map. Pretty sure one is for the enemy phase of that map and another is for the dungeon itself.

1 hour ago, N30 said:

i don't see anything wrong with using New Mystery's final map theme. I'd say it fits considering 

Reveal hidden contents

Grima's origins and the state of Akaneia continent as a whole by Chrom's time anyhow.

I see something wrong with it just because it's a really atrocious song and I'd rather they re-used literally anything other than that :v

24 minutes ago, Jedor said:

I see something wrong with it just because it's a really atrocious song and I'd rather they re-used literally anything other than that :v

Is it atrocious because of the transparent orchestration, or just because you seem to have a strong aversion to dissonance?

I'd ask why they'd bother to appropriate Medeus-related material for the bonus dungeon despite going to great lengths to separate the boss from him, but Awakening has next to nothing to appropriate on the villain side of things.