8 hours ago, ghast said:

Looks like I'm going to need to post this exact message for the 3rd time. 

1. The portion of the 3DS hacking community is extremely small, so an extremely small portion of the entire community will be playing the leaked copy.

2. The hacking community and the FE community are not exclusive, so most definitely will likely buy the game on release anyway.

3. There's no Japanese 3DS hacking community, so its literally not going to happen that this leak will hurt JP sales of SoV.

4. 3DS hackers who are playing JP SoV still can't enjoy the story, which was a huge draw to this remaster. And all those I've spoken to are in fact more intrigued by the game now.

5. On Emulation: Citra barely runs Fates, let alone runs it efficiently without a god-tier PC. The most FPS you can get from SoV is reportedly like 10-20 frames ALONGSIDE a ton of graphical bugs. It's also in Japanese. You can't emulate 3ds games like VBA. You can't. Citra is not there yet and won't be for years. Unless you're a masochist who wants to play a foreign language game with absolute garbage FPS, emulation is highly likely not to be enjoyable at all.

6. Fire Emblem Fates literally had a fanslation that had a menu patch, supports and all 3 main campaigns translated before the English release. It received negative PR, lukewarm reviews and was given a lot of flack. yet the game still sold amazingly in North America. Nobody is going to bother making a fanslation of a game like this scheduled to release in a month.

This leak won't affect sales at all and will keep building hype.

Guessing one of those times was for a response to Mangs's video?

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I guess it made the news, yeah, but those aren't really big news sites. Or maybe Google is giving me different results than yours.

Er, I mean anything could happen, but I don't think Nintendo cares unless we actually uploaded the ROM or something. In the worst case scenario, if SF got a legitimate C&D, yeah I would take down the content until release date.

Wait, did you tried using Control F (or the other command for Mac computers) to find your username?

Oh by the way, I just looked at around Linkmstr's channel and his play-through videos that showed the leaked Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gameplay on YouTube were got taken down, I totally think it's could be copy-right strikes by YouTube community (he didn't said anything about losing his access to Wi-Fi yet, it's probably got taken down by YouTube community). Also, I did looked around at YouTube search, I don't see any people were recording those Pirated playthroughs unless it's taken down by YouTube community or Nintendo?

Edited by King Marth 64

I know people get angry when the ethics and legality of leaked content comes into play, but I'm with OP. While piracy for FE may not be a major chunk of the community, it still robs money from IS, which is never a good thing to the overall franchise.

Take this leak, and consider the pace that fans translated the JP version of Fates with an easy to apply patch. I still see fans opting for the fan patched version over the official one, so we really can't gauge how this will affect the game in the long run.

But, Nintendo's been bricking hacked consoles since the Wii was first cracked, and it is usually when people need internet access on a game or the console forces an update that Nintendo gives hackers and their consoles the big ol' screw you, but that's because hackers out themselves that way.

So, there is pretty strong deterrent to avoid hacking, particularly after how swift and merciless Nintendo was to the players with pirated Pokémon.

And, while I was very hyped for Echoes, the more I hear and see.... The less interested I am. Gaiden, either. 

IS hyped this game as a major expansion to Gaiden, fleshing out the barebones story, adding more characters while expanding and developing them all, and covering everything with a damn fine coat of paint.

Despite that, it still feels like a much smaller game than Awakening was, and lacks so much of the replay value I got out of Awakening and Fates with the shunted support system and class growth system giving no bonus to trying alternate routes.

It's getting harder to justify paying full-price for it now that I know more about it. :/

Edited by Altrosa

Calm down, Pokemon Sun and Moon were leaked in a similar manner, and didn't affect the game's sales too badly. The biggest difference? Pokemon has a HUGE fanbase, so something that big would have put off more people than SoV's datamining.

52 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Calm down, Pokemon Sun and Moon were leaked in a similar manner, and didn't affect the game's sales too badly. The biggest difference? Pokemon has a HUGE fanbase, so something that big would have put off more people than SoV's datamining.

I agree. This isn't the first time such case has happened; Pokemon Sun & Moon are good examples. At first I thought by seeing Linkmstr's playthrough, I thought it was an early bird copy made to hype the potential players even more.

Early copies of the games are made for the press like Famitsu to make articles on, and leaks are made to hype players in many ways that IS / Nintendo would not dare due to the risk of spoiling the game too much through official means. But, I gotta admit someone did something very admirably stupid to leak the WHOLE GAME to the world days before it's out, whose legitimate owner would probably be a certain someone at the press who can't resist the urge to share such content, and lent it to a hacker. In my opinion, if we have to blame someone, blame the one who broke the barrier in the first place, not the ones who has played it or datamined it.

I'm grateful that most of us (and I believe almost every fans as well) will decide to buy the game legitimately anyways, owing to Nintendo's code of conduct that seems to be working out well. Again, there is a silver lining, and that from myself at least, seeing little spoilers here and there enabled me to make a full circle on what this game has to offer, satisfying my curiosity and anxiety over the potential of the game. And oh boy, FE Echoes won't disappoint anyone who plays it due to its wide variety of options and it's something that's much more fun when experienced first-hand.

Edited by Lyrai

On 4/6/2017 at 0:21 AM, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, did you tried using Control F (or the other command for Mac computers) to find your username?

Oh by the way, I just looked at around Linkmstr's channel and his play-through videos that showed the leaked Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gameplay on YouTube were got taken down, I totally think it's could be copy-right strikes by YouTube community (he didn't said anything about losing his access to Wi-Fi yet, it's probably got taken down by YouTube community). Also, I did looked around at YouTube search, I don't see any people were recording those Pirated playthroughs unless it's taken down by YouTube community or Nintendo?

His videos just got un-privated yesterday. So everything is back up... for now.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:08 PM, King Marth 64 said:

do you guys think Nintendo might take down Serenes Forest from using the Echoes leaks or just the Echoes info if they found out where is the leak came from? 

I very highly doubt they will. AFAIK, if Nintendo doesn't completely own the rights to an IP, they really won't be able to take them down from YouTube/a website unless they work together with the holder of the IP (IS for Fire Emblem and Game Freak for Pokemon). This is why you will not see any Pokemon or Fire Emblem (except Heroes) game in this list of games Nintendo can content ID: https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/

Also, I posted videos of Fates (NA version) and Pokemon Sun/Moon pretty early. Sure, they were not playthroughs, but they became somewhat popular due to them having early info. But, in all this time, they have never been taken down or Content ID'd by Nintendo since they don't fully own the rights to those series. I have also posted videos for Echoes, and have yet to receive any bad news, but of course, than can change.

Sure, I played through SoV really early, but that didn't make me cancel my pre-order for the JP SoV Limited Edition and US SoV Limited Edition of the game. I hope that other downloaders haven't canceled their pre-orders too.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. Luckily, the YouTube video takedowns were just that, copyright takedowns, and not copyright strikes.

Edited by MrPerson0