How can we make Fates even worse?

Blitzrick3

Fire Emblem Fates took many risks the series never took before. From the Avatar being the main character, to the 3-way story telling, only very few of these risks had any good impacts with the fanbase.

My question is, how do we make Fates even worse from a gameplay/story perspective.

We already have stuff like dumb plot deaths, bland characters, and unbalanced mechanics, but how can we make it even worse?

This I think is just going to turn into a hate topic. I think we get enough Fates bashing already. No need to increase the negative energies on SF- if you want some, GFAQs has all your needs fulfilled already.

"Unbalanced mechanics" what do you mean by that? Skill buying? That is wholly optional. Beyond that, only the Hexing Rod, Poison Strike/Savage Blow/Grisly Wound and Inevitable End can be considered really cheap I think.

Oh sorry. This idea just popped during my head while playing Fates. Didn't actually mean to cause any hate wars. :(:

But yeah that's what I meant with unbalaced mechanics. That and how some of the weapons are downright useless when compared to others (even without forging). Also how the My Castle battles offer an unfair advantage over attackers.

Fates' gameplay was fantastic, so making that worse should be easy. It's the story where it could be difficult to make things worse than they already are, especially while trying to be taken seriously.

5 hours ago, Maelstrom. said:

Make all text unskippable. 

This would be an ultimate punishment.

It's hard to make the story worse when so much of it reads like a parody already but we shall try. 

-Kanna is romancible because you were merely a surrogate mother and you aren't technically blood related so it's okay. This is pushed as the canon pairing. 

-Iago, Hans and Garon admit that they hate you because they're jealous of your natural charisma. 

-Corrin uses his protagonist sword to revive all dead characters at the end of the game.

-all siblings join you regardless of the route choice.

Gamplay

-all staff enemy staff users carry a Hexing Rod and Staff Savant. All enemy ninja have Negative Chain, Snake Poison and Lunge. All enemy Knights have Wary Fighter.

Also this title, lol.

This thread mainly serves to piss off people who actually like this game and the ones who are interested in playing this, and have a negative impression now.

The correct title would be: How can we make Fates better?

This I think is just going to turn into a hate topic.

That's already a hate topic because the title already says that OP dislikes the game(s).

Edited by Magillanica Lou Mayvin

Every time you want to post about how bad Fates is, some mod comes and locks your topic.

Oh, you mean the game?  Swap the critical quotes with the unused skinshipping ones. :P:

EDIT: But seriously, stop and think about what kind of reaction you'd get before making a topic.  Stuff like this is a bad idea.

Edited by eclipse