My initial thoughts on all the character portraits...

Honestly feel free to ignore this entire post ~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

No but seriously.

I went through every character. It's long.

You've been warned.

Spoiler

So basically this is me just putting in my meme-y thoughts about all the characters upon first seeing their official artwork/portraits, so bear with me if you actually bother to read this crap.

Alm: Okay honestly he looks pretty cool. I like his hair and colors. ?

Atlas: Atlas is like, daddy af, what even in the heck. How is he twenty. w h a t e v e n i n t h e h e c k l e s. 11/10 bod tho

Boey: Not going to lie I totally thought Boey was a chick when he was initially shown off lmao. He just has such fabulous hair

Catria: My gurl. Tbh I liked her NMotE artwork better but this is still pretty nice-looking. Although her hair to the right bugs me a bit lol.

Celica: ohmahgerd who is the perfect princess ? this ? blessed goddess ? ? this bootiful bb grill ? honestly I love her artwork so much omggg and that outfit tho

Clair: She's pretty cute and looks fun I guess lol

Clive: omg who is this basic-b? I feel like I'm not really going to notice him at all haha

Spoiler

Conrad: oh he looks like a nice dude. Look at dat face. pure and innocent. *triggers nam flashback*

Dean: Hello edge-lord. I'm digging the hair, it's like Shura except without that skunk aesthetic ? also judging by his portrait, he looks like he has back problems.

Delthea: ohmylord who is this PURE INNOCENT CINNAMON ROLL TOO GUD FOR THIS W0RLD?!1??! 2kawaii5me (muwahaha another child  soldier to send off to war)

Est: d'aw Est looks so cute in this game. Definitely my favorite take on her thus far. I feel like her head/face always looked slightly off before. But what do I know

Faye: okay Faye is McFreaking adorable holy crapples. Her dress is so cute wth WHY DOES SHE LOOK SO ADORBS?!?

Forsyth: He looks aight ? interesting hair.

Genny: omg she has poof-poofs in her hair. 10/10 would poof-poof again

Gray: Okay tbh Gray looks JUST A TAD high in his portrait, like he's on some kind of dank kush. He seems chill tho. I can dig it.

Jesse: Jesse kinda scares me tbh, like, his face. pls stahp staring at meh Jesse

Kamui: Looks like Brock if he stopped wearing goddamn orange and just went to green/black. Kamui seems pretty cool

Kliff: omg it's 4:20 as I'm writing this! Make a wish! Kliff seems like the quiet type...? He looks rad. I'm down with it

Leon: Okay Leon is freaking fab af. He's his own man and he friggin' knows what he wants in his life and knows how to get it. u go gurl

Lukas: He's cowabunga.

Luthier: He has fire hair. 10/10 (honestly tho his hair is dope af wth)

Mae: Mmm, mah gurl. I love her VA and am totes gonna use her. The only thing that bugs me about her is her facial expression in her portrait lol. It just looks weird I guess. xD

Mathilda: Okay honestly if I was straight and not gay af I'd totally be in the Mathilda fan-club. Her hair is gorgeous and her armor is great. I love it so much.

Mycen: Hello obligatory bootleg Jagen, nice to meet you. He's pretty dad, ya know?

Nomah: He reminds me of one of the sages from NMotE but I can't remember his name and am too lazy to google it. Anyways I saw his growths, I'm not using him lmao

Palla: Yas ? queen ? I love ? this new Palla ? artwork. It looks ? so ? good ? omg ? ? ? Her hair is amazing her face is amazing she is amazing

Python: Looks slightly edge, but I dig it. And damn, that jaw-line tho.

Saber: Okay he looks dad af. What's this? He's... thirty-four? Oh, why, he's not just dad af... he's DADDY af. ;O ? ;) ? ? ;O I love his eyepatch and hair and everything

Silque: I like her lil' cleric hood lol. Also that booty-bow tho. Luv it

Sonia: holy crap she also looks gorgeous wtf. Her hair is FLOWIN'. Her eyes and earring look dope.

Tatiana: Okay she has a cool hair color, but she seems like she's totally out of it and is just 100% zoning out to me. I dig.

Tobin: Oh, look at this other basic-b. I heard you sucked in Gaiden- *looks at updated growths* oh, n-never-mind sir, move along...

Valbar: Hello chin-dad, you seem tanky-af.

Camu- I mean Zeke: Honestly I really like his artwork for this game. It's my favorite version of him thus far.

And that's that. If you wanna talk about your first reactions (whether they're serious or not) go ahead and leave a comment lmao.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs up. Would read again.

Sadly, I don't have much to say myself, except the characters are really well designed in this game.

So glad Zeke looks just as you would imagine XD

36 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Honestly feel free to ignore this entire post ~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

No but seriously.

I went through every character. It's long.

You've been warned.

Reveal hidden contents

So basically this is me just putting in my meme-y thoughts about all the characters upon first seeing their official artwork/portraits, so bear with me if you actually bother to read this crap.

Alm: Okay honestly he looks pretty cool. I like his hair and colors. ?

Atlas: Atlas is like, daddy af, what even in the heck. How is he twenty. w h a t e v e n i n t h e h e c k l e s. 11/10 bod tho

Boey: Not going to lie I totally thought Boey was a chick when he was initially shown off lmao. He just has such fabulous hair

Catria: My gurl. Tbh I liked her NMotE artwork better but this is still pretty nice-looking. Although her hair to the right bugs me a bit lol.

Celica: ohmahgerd who is the perfect princess ? this ? blessed goddess ? ? this bootiful bb grill ? honestly I love her artwork so much omggg and that outfit tho

Clair: She's pretty cute and looks fun I guess lol

Clive: omg who is this basic-b? I feel like I'm not really going to notice him at all haha

Hide contents

Conrad: oh he looks like a nice dude. Look at dat face. pure and innocent. *triggers nam flashback*

Dean: Hello edge-lord. I'm digging the hair, it's like Shura except without that skunk aesthetic ? also judging by his portrait, he looks like he has back problems.

Delthea: ohmylord who is this PURE INNOCENT CINNAMON ROLL TOO GUD FOR THIS W0RLD?!1??! 2kawaii5me (muwahaha another child  soldier to send off to war)

Est: d'aw Est looks so cute in this game. Definitely my favorite take on her thus far. I feel like her head/face always looked slightly off before. But what do I know

Faye: okay Faye is McFreaking adorable holy crapples. Her dress is so cute wth WHY DOES SHE LOOK SO ADORBS?!?

Forsyth: He looks aight ? interesting hair.

Genny: omg she has poof-poofs in her hair. 10/10 would poof-poof again

Gray: Okay tbh Gray looks JUST A TAD high in his portrait, like he's on some kind of dank kush. He seems chill tho. I can dig it.

Jesse: Jesse kinda scares me tbh, like, his face. pls stahp staring at meh Jesse

Kamui: Looks like Brock if he stopped wearing goddamn orange and just went to green/black. Kamui seems pretty cool

Kliff: omg it's 4:20 as I'm writing this! Make a wish! Kliff seems like the quiet type...? He looks rad. I'm down with it

Leon: Okay Leon is freaking fab af. He's his own man and he friggin' knows what he wants in his life and knows how to get it. u go gurl

Lukas: He's cowabunga.

Luthier: He has fire hair. 10/10 (honestly tho his hair is dope af wth)

Mae: Mmm, mah gurl. I love her VA and am totes gonna use her. The only thing that bugs me about her is her facial expression in her portrait lol. It just looks weird I guess. xD

Mathilda: Okay honestly if I was straight and not gay af I'd totally be in the Mathilda fan-club. Her hair is gorgeous and her armor is great. I love it so much.

Mycen: Hello obligatory bootleg Jagen, nice to meet you. He's pretty dad, ya know?

Nomah: He reminds me of one of the sages from NMotE but I can't remember his name and am too lazy to google it. Anyways I saw his growths, I'm not using him lmao

Palla: Yas ? queen ? I love ? this new Palla ? artwork. It looks ? so ? good ? omg ? ? ? Her hair is amazing her face is amazing she is amazing

Python: Looks slightly edge, but I dig it. And damn, that jaw-line tho.

Saber: Okay he looks dad af. What's this? He's... thirty-four? Oh, why, he's not just dad af... he's DADDY af. ;O ? ;) ? ? ;O I love his eyepatch and hair and everything

Silque: I like her lil' cleric hood lol. Also that booty-bow tho. Luv it

Sonia: holy crap she also looks gorgeous wtf. Her hair is FLOWIN'. Her eyes and earring look dope.

Tatiana: Okay she has a cool hair color, but she seems like she's totally out of it and is just 100% zoning out to me. I dig.

Tobin: Oh, look at this other basic-b. I heard you sucked in Gaiden- *looks at updated growths* oh, n-never-mind sir, move along...

Valbar: Hello chin-dad, you seem tanky-af.

Camu- I mean Zeke: Honestly I really like his artwork for this game. It's my favorite version of him thus far.

And that's that. If you wanna talk about your first reactions (whether they're serious or not) go ahead and leave a comment lmao.

I just want to say this in all honesty, you are my favorite and I love you

Also Echoes is giving Radiant Dawn some serious competition for "hunkiest dudes"

And you know what both these games Have in common? Female character designers!

25 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

How about Rinea?

Hide contents

She's absolute fire, just like Flora or Sigurd lol

I also dig OVA Polnaref (who really should've been Dean).

Yeah, Vrai looks much more like a recruitable character who uses the brave sword (more like killing edge but whatev. I was so happy when I got it when I first played gaiden, but then I realized that it didn't have the brave effect)  and Dean looks much more like a generic boss who uses the devil sword. Mark my words, Vrai will be the most remembered boss from this game.

That was a fun read! I'll post my impressions as well

Spoiler

This won't be as meme-y as the original post, forewarning;

Alm: I love the armor, and I'm honestly so glad they decided on green hair instead of blue. Probably one of my favorite designs in the game.

Gray: I guess part of the reason they changed his hair color is because Alm reclaimed green? I think he looks cool, but ultimately, probably because he's a villager, his design doesn't really stand out to me.

Tobin: RIP Pink hair, you will be missed. Like Gray, he looks good, but unfortunately doesn't stand out.

Kliff: He looks a lot more sarcastic than I had envisioned, which is great, but falls to the same stigma the other 2 villagers do as well. 

Faye: She's cute, and I honestly don't mind her personality, but she isn't my type, and doesn't have the same level of interesting design as most other characters do, so she too falls to the wayside.

Lukas: One of my favorite redesigns. His original look made me think he was some kind of hotheaded idiot, but now he gives off a polite airhead vibe to me. Really like this one.

Silque: Now that's one cute cleric. Her old design can't even hold a candle to this one. 10/10

Clair: Yet another cute design! Not a huge fan of her bangs, but her armor is nice and I'm slain by women in tights. Thank you based Hidari.

Clive: Wew, what a dude. He seems like he'll be quite an important part of Echoes, like he should've been in the first place, and he looks the part. Having HiroC as a voice helps a lot too.

Forsyth: Why did they take your beautiful hairs away, my dude? Damn. Not saying this design is bad, quite the opposite, but it's nothing compared to how I hoped he would've looked (though, then there'd've been too much purple?).

Python: Hot. Best boy.

Luthier: Okay, now THAT is a redesign! Close enough that you can tell who it's supposed to be, but so much cooler than I had hoped for. Badass.

Mathilda: She got a huge age upgrade, which is interesting. I love her armor and hair. What a gal.

Delthea: Not quite what I was expecting, but I'm happy with the results. Not initially, mind you, but she's growing on me. 

Tatiana: Wowza. 11/10, would ditch my waifu on another continent for.

Zeke: Char/10

Mycen: Jagen/10

Celica: I'm really impressed with her upgrade. Unlike Alm's, her Awakening art didn't do her justice at all. This design is fantastic.

Mae: I have a think for pink hair, and Mae hits a bunch of my other buttons too. I thought she looked pretty good in her original art, but now? Wow.

Boey: Settling on a hair color for this kid couldn't've been easy, but white fits him well, and could the flame in his official art's hand be a double reference to not only his starting spell, but also his once red hair? Hmm.

Genny: So floofy. Much cute. RIP pink ponytail, though being proto-Lana isn't a bad thing at all.

Saber: Koyasu gets all the hotties.

Valbar: They could've easily taken his original chin and turned him into an Arthur clone. I'm really glad they didn't. Love the armor.

Leon: That's my boi. I can't wait to snipe with him. His design is oh so pretty.

Kamui: I love the Asian prescence his design gives off. I'll miss the seafoam afro, but the redesign is so good I don't even care.

Palla, Catria, Est: They look like how I expected they would. Nothing special.

Atlas: He got big. Now he has the arms to support his original base Strength. 

Jesse: He looks like he got beat with the Arthur stick. Are people sure he's not just Percy, all grown up?

Sonya: Holy hotness, Batman. Would hold hands with 10/10.

Deen: The edgiest loser this side of Greith's desert. I might choose him over Sonya once or twice, but nothing about his design hits any points with me.

Nomah: I want him to read my kids a bedtime story, if Echoes had kids that is (I'm glad there isn't).

Conrad: Pretty boring, if you ask me. Celica pulls off the color scheme a lot better. Oh, and he loses points for trying the Lucina gambit. 

6 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

But Hidari's a guy. :/

People get Hidari and someone who calls herself Hidari on pixiv confused when they look up his profile. They don't check the gallery and see it has nothing, and assume Hidari is a girl because it says female on the profile

4 minutes ago, boarbaque said:

People get Hidari and someone who calls herself Hidari on pixiv confused when they look up his profile. They don't check the gallery and see it has nothing, and assume Hidari is a girl because it says female on the profile

Honestly I'm not too sure myself. Different sources say different things, but i trust wikipedia lol

Edited by KongDude88

Hidari's arts great and so is this OP haha, I laughed so hard xD. Atlas and Luthier's design is appreciable even to this gay girl haha and I really like Clair's for some reason welp. *cough* anyways regarding Hidari's gender on Tokyo Otaku Mode (which looks like their official portfolio) it states male.

Edited by dap005

lmao I'm glad everyone enjoyed this post and didn't ostracize me <3 <3 <3

I feel so loved

Anyways, yeah. Hidari is indeed a male, despite a lot of people referring to him as female. ;O

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

How about Rinea?

Oh and for those mentioning Rinea, I literally haven't seen anything about her, so I dunno. If you can tell me where to find her portrait (assuming she has one), I'll check it out~

33 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

I feel so loved

Anyways, yeah. Hidari is indeed a male, despite a lot of people referring to him as female. ;O

Oh and for those mentioning Rinea, I literally haven't seen anything about her, so I dunno. If you can tell me where to find her portrait (assuming she has one), I'll check it out~

Here you go, Rinea's character art: 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170405141110

(I went to get this on the wiki and pretty sure I accidentally saw some spoiler images so I wouldn't advise going on the page welp)

Edited by dap005

10 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

I feel so loved

Memes are a perfectly acceptable form of communication as long as it isn't spam.

My Rinea comment was a spoiler-heavy joke, but her artwork was actually officially released; in fact, it's in the top story of SF's homepage as of right now.  Just scroll to the bottom of the article, and it's right above the Mila's Turnwheel screenshot.

Edit: I got ninja'd on the Rinea post.  Still should check out that article if there's any details you want to know about the nine character profiles or Mila's Turnwheel that you didn't gleam from leaks.

Edited by Ertrick36

8 minutes ago, dap005 said:

(I went to get this on the wiki and pretty sure I accidentally saw some spoiler images so I would advise going on the page welp)

Ah, didn't know it was updated. Ty ty. (And sorry you got spoilzed ;-;)

8 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Memes are a perfectly acceptable form of communication as long as it isn't spam.

Wait, did you say memes are a perfectly acceptable form of communication as long as it's spam?

Spoiler

/*Insert Lenny Face, "Okay" hand and other various meme spam here*/

Love your reactions, would read again.

And to give my reactions. Time to release the sass and fanboy restraints.

*clears throat*

Spoiler

Alm: Boy, we finally know what your hurr color supposed to be. Your armor is cool, 'bout it.

Gray: Nice redesign, but you don't have anything capturing my eye.

Tobin: Did we misspell his original name? Oh, no? Ah I see. Well you look aight.

Kliff: You also look aight. Nothing more.

Faye: Adorable. What chu doing chilling with these villager boys? I mean, whatever suits your fancy. You do you girrrrrrl.

Lukas: You look like a cool, chill guy. Be my friend?

Silque: You're cute. Definitely one of the more stand-out Clerics I've seen.

Clair: You have captured so many hearts, you are quite pretty, but ny heart belongs to another.

Clive: You seem like you know what you're doing. Outside of that, you look aight.

Forsyth: You look quite angry sir. May I ask why?

Python: You look gnarly. But also a pretty boy. You're the kind of guy that makes guys like me jealous of guys like you...and it cuts deep.

Luthier: Yo, you look like the male, flaming version of Elsa and I'm cool with that.

Mathilda: Hello you badass looking warrior lady you. I wouldn't wanna mess with you.

Delthea: You look so precious, but can pack quite the punch. I won't let anything happen to you.

Tatiana: First off, your hair is fabulous. Second off you look fabulous.

Zeke: You look familiar...

Mycen: Time to kick some ass old man.

Celica: All bow down to the Queen, the Goddess.

Mae: Spunky, adorable, and the visual that captures many people's interest...but not mine.

Boey: You look cool, albeit it's mostly the white hair.

Genny: You are adorable. Also a little air headed which makes you a little more adorable as a healer.

Saber: What's up guy who I would love to be friends with but would definitely not be friends with because I'm not cool like you are.

Valbar: Your glorious chin man.

Leon: You look shady.

Kamui: Man you look awesome.  I want to be you. Represent the Asians well my good sir!

Palla: You. Look. Absolutely. Gorgeous! So lovely would ride with.

Catria: You look so much more mature than I last saw you. Love it.

Jesse: Look at this guy flaunting his chest and muscles without a care. It's guys like you that make guys like me ashamed of our bodies.

Atlas: Look at this guy flaunting his chest and muscles--wait I'm repeating myself.. Well you look more serious than Jesse so there's that.

Sonya: *Fans self* OG Witch is best Witch. Would recruit each time. You can have my heart and my everything.

Deen: You looking cool. Edgy, but cool. You look like you could also use a drink with Haar or Deke.

Est: You look quite adorable and the best you have been. Now if ly you weren't such a drastic B to Abel, that would be nice.

Spoiler

Conrad: You look so innocent and pure...what are you hiding?

Nomah: Hello there Grandpa, are you here to protect me from danger?

*clears throat and puts restraints back on*

Edited by SHSL Ninja

So I finally got to do this just now because I've been busy but here it is. Probably won't be as memey. Also I don't hate Fates despite how much I compare it to this game. It's my favorite game right after this one.

Spoiler

Alm: He's got a really cool protagonist look. I'm also enjoying his personality much more than Corrin's.

Gray: I actually like his design. A lot of people don't but I think it really matches with his old Gaiden ending where he states "heart over face" against Tobin.

Tobin: Despite being a pretty generic looking villager, he's a pretty cool looking generic villager.

Kliff: Even though it's far from his original design, I really like this one. His character differs from how he was in Gaiden (or at least I think it did), but it heavily suits his new personality. Also, "Super Kawaii" Sage Kliff.

Faye: Despite her Alm-thirsty personality, I really liked Faye's design. Even when we only got her map sprite I was super attached to it. I really feel like she should not be 18 though.

Lukas: Wanna see the body pillow I made for him I mean uhh, he's got a nice redesign.

Clair: Well, she's not Catria anymore, and her design looks amazing. I doubt she's still apart of Alm's harem.

Forsyth: He looks cool, I guess? I didn't really pay much attention to him as I did the others.

Python: Probably my least favorite design, not that it's bad, but I just like all the other one's a lot more.

Clive: He looks like he belongs in an office tbh, but I think his design is pretty faithful and good. I also think it's funny how literally everyone loves Clive. Looking at the endings he affects and how people will react if he dies.

Silque: She's very pretty. I don't know what else to say here...

Mycen: It's a pretty cool stache.

Luthier: I LOVE his hair. The color in it is awesome. Reminds me of Salama from Amagi Brilliant Park I'm a weeb every time I see it.

Delthea: Protect it, please.

Mathilda: I'd love to trade places with Clive.

Tatiana: Her head seemed a bit crooked to me... but other than that it's a lovely design.

Zeke: Would've expected him to be a bit bigger, but this is good.

Celica: She looks a lot more mature compared to Alm, but anyways, she looks elegant and has a god-tier design.

Mae: We all know that she has a beautiful design so I just want to say that her English voice gives me so much hope for the localized voice acting. It's so much more energy compared to the half-assed job Fates did.

Boey: He looks like a dweeb in one of his other depictions. So glad he got a redesign lol

Genny: Her design reminds me of the main character of Sasami-san@Ganbanarai, a manga that Hidari did the art for. Her hair is more puffy tho.

Kamui: Before all the designs got leaked, his was easily my favorite. He's actually asian with a Japanese name. Does anyone else think of Young Genji or just me? Anyway, he's a pretty badass asian.

Valbar: Can't really say much except that it's a good design. Since it was one of the designs we got to see earlier, I was happy that it wasn't such a big anime-trope design, because Fates was full of it.

Leon: I'm surprised that IS decided to just make him gay, not that it's bad. It's actually canon instead of optional (why Valbar tho). It's a nice pretty boy design.

Jesse: Butt chin.

Palla: She looks pretty young compared to Catria, and its pretty much like her original design.

Best Girl Catria: *Heavy breathing*

Est: Pretty much what I expected. Looks a little plain though.

Nomah: He's old.

Sonya: She's pretty hot not gonna lie. Her original portrait made her look weird. I'll probably go with her first.

Deen: Looks a little too much like a certain lazy butler, but overall, it's a pretty badass redesign. I think it's hilarious how a different enemy (Vrai) looks exactly like his original design though. 

Conrad: He's actually Celica's brother. That's probably one of the coolest additions to the original story. He's a pretty cool looking onii-chan if you ask me.

Berkut: A little disappointed that he wasn't going to be recruitable, but I still think his part will be interesting.

Rinea: Pretty "hot" if you ask me. Berkut's a pretty lucky guy.

Spoiler

Until she's dead

Fernand: I wonder what will happen with him. He's got a great design even though he's non-playable.

Atlus: HOafOK0.jpg

This character's in here because it's a spoiler, even though everyone should know by now:

Spoiler

Grima: A f*cking dinosaur? Lol 

Imagine if Awakening started with Chrom finding a velociraptor running around in the fields.

Edit: For some reason I was thinking of Validar, but still, velociraptor Grima is amazing.

And I think that's everyone. I really hope Hidari will do more in the future because everyone looks amazing overall.

Edited by KongDude88

1 hour ago, SHSL Ninja said:

Hide contents

Forsyth: You look quite angry sir. May I ask why?

Python: You look gnarly. But also a pretty boy. You're the kind of guy that makes guys like me jealous of guys like you...and it cuts deep.

Reveal hidden contents

Conrad: You look so innocent and pure...what are you hiding?

I'm about 68.62% sure you're confusing the two. Python is the blue delinquent guy and Forsyth is the green pretty boy.

5 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

I'm about 68.62% sure you're confusing the two. Python is the blue delinquent guy and Forsyth is the green pretty boy.

They're both pretty boys, just with different appeals. I only added that in 'cause I had nothing to really say about Python.

30 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

Luthier: Yo, you look like the male, flaming version of Elsa and I'm cool with that.

lmao this made me laugh xDDD

24 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Atlus: HOafOK0.jpg

FREAKING SAME THO XD

Haha thanks for your thoughts, guys.