Choose Your Legends Update

Ryu Yuki

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think Roy would ever be a dragon even if his canon mom is Ninian. He'd only have 1/4 dragon blood, and that's probably not enough to let him transform. A male dragon would be interesting though, as we don't have one in the game yet. Male Corrin uses a sword.

Morgan & Kana can transform just fine!

I mean I doubt they'd give us manakete Roy, but there's nothing like genetic reasons necessarily stopping them from doing so.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think Roy would ever be a dragon even if his canon mom is Ninian. He'd only have 1/4 dragon blood, and that's probably not enough to let him transform. A male dragon would be interesting though, as we don't have one in the game yet. Male Corrin uses a sword.

Not sure where you came to such a conclusion.

There's a Nah-mothered Morgan and Kana. They transform just fine as 1/4th dragons. Besides, there's never been any record of anything saying "if someone isn't at least this much dragon, they can't transform" in any FE game from any world, let alone Elibe. Nothing saying dragon Roy can't be a thing other than the fear of canon disputes.

Honestly if Ninian's his mother I doubt Eliwood would even tell him until it's absolutely necessary, he wouldn't really associate Ninian's dragon form with the best of memories after all, and its not exactly something a child who grew up in a place where people who slay dragons and chased them off the continent are pretty much worshipped would take very well, even though Roy himself is quite open to the idea of humans and dragons getting along again someday.

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Not sure where you came to such a conclusion.

There's a Nah-mothered Morgan and Kana. They transform just fine as 1/4th dragons. Besides, there's never been any record of anything saying "if someone isn't at least this much dragon, they can't transform" in any FE game from any world, let alone Elibe. Nothing saying dragon Roy can't be a thing other than the fear of canon disputes.

There isn't, but I still feel that Kana and a third gen Morgan transforming make little sense too. And we all know Awakening and Fates have some poor writing.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

There isn't, but I still feel that Kana and a third gen Morgan transforming make little sense too. And we all know Awakening and Fates have some poor writing.

Doesn't mean being 1/4th dragon's one of those examples, let alone something people ever criticize or something that makes "little sense". If anything, the only point to your argument appears to be "they don't have enough dragon in them", which, as two of us explained, proves nothing, whether a game generally had bad writing or not.

1/4th dragons transforming is not an example of bad writing. It happened in two worlds already, so it can happen in another world too.

Edited by NoirCore

On 8/4/2017 at 2:50 PM, Arthur97 said:

You still get one from missions, but, yeah, the orb inflow has definitely dwindled. Fortunately, they're pretty generous with orbs and three or so months should allow for a decent savings assuming you don't spend any.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:39 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

Expect 250+ more Orbs to be earned assuming...

• The Orb quest is completed daily
  • Every month comes with a Voting Gauntlet event that has 20 Orbs available as a collective point goal reward that gets fulfilled

There's also the weekly (every Sunday) Orb login bonus and monthly, paralogue-themed, and other quests that may come with Orb rewards.

You are assuming that the daily orb quest for arena will continue, and as far as we know, that event ends tomorrow. We don't know if they will give us another way to get orbs daily after that.

I hope we keep getting ways to get orbs daily.  I mean, I'm used to being able to get gems daily in Disney Magic Kingdoms, which is nice. I'd like to keep daily orbs in Heroes too.

4 hours ago, xchan said:

You are assuming that the daily orb quest for arena will continue, and as far as we know, that event ends tomorrow. We don't know if they will give us another way to get orbs daily after that.

Ah, rip. Looks like we'd be stuck with weekly orbs for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ah, rip. Looks like we'd be stuck with weekly orbs for the foreseeable future.

I expect them to add something along with the upcoming update, whenever it actually goes live.

they always add new quests when they add new stuff, so we'll definitely be able to get a few orbs tomorrow

but yeah one orb a week sounds terrible even if it's only for a certain period of time until they do another daily thing

1 orb a day was already pretty bad but one a week will give almost no reason to keep playing the game for some people

2 a day was perfect i think they should've just keep it like that

Edited by unique

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I expect them to add something along with the upcoming update, whenever it actually goes live.

Ah, I see; just got a look at the notification. It should be about the skill inheritance via merging mechanics, Hero Merit, Arena rework, etc. Hope for more orbs!

Unless there was serious in-breeding going on, the current holders of Major Blood in Jugdral are at best around 1/1,000,000 of the original crusaders, and they can all use their holy weapons just fine.

700 years divided by 30 years per generation is 20 generations, 2^20 is 1,000,000. Rounding down to 1 significant figure is appropriate here to get a lower bound.

Dragon blood is probably similarly binary; either you do or you don't inherit the ability to transform.

The twelve crusaders descended in 632 of the Gran calendar, and the game starts in 757.  Only about four or five generations have passed, so "worst" case scenario the FE4 wielders of the holy weapons are 1/32 of the crusaders. 

The point stands of course, but needless to say there's quite a difference between 1/32 and 1/1,000,000.

2 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

The twelve crusaders descended in 632 of the Gran calendar, and the game starts in 757.  Only about four or five generations have passed, so "worst" case scenario the FE4 wielders of the holy weapons are 1/32 of the crusaders. 

The point stands of course, but needless to say there's quite a difference between 1/32 and 1/1,000,000.

If only games were consistent with their year zeros.

Not to mention I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some inbreeding in the Crusader's lineages.

Royalty tended to inbreed a lot to keep the line royal in real life.  Considering the way Holy Blood works had pretty much that same logic being magically backed up, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if there was inbreeding involved.

30 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Royalty tended to inbreed a lot to keep the line royal in real life.  Considering the way Holy Blood works had pretty much that same logic being magically backed up, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if there was inbreeding involved.

Except that Major Blood is Major Blood regardless of the fact that only one parent needed Major Blood. Two parents with Minor Blood can also result in children with Major Blood.

100% pure "royal blood" in real life paired with 100% pure "royal blood" results in children with 100% pure "royal blood". Yet, in Jugdral, "100%" holy blood paired with anyone typically results in at least one child with "100%" holy blood (not possible unless holy blood is a dominant gene) and potentially children with "50%" holy blood (not possible unless holy blood is a mostly recessive gene). (Note the locations of quotation marks.)

Obviously, holy blood is meant to be a magical phenomenon, and therefore doesn't need to adhere to the laws of genetics. And, really, the same claim can be made to the world's dragons (as well as the Laguz, Branded, and whatnot).

On 4/9/2017 at 5:20 AM, Anacybele said:

I mean, technically Morgan (& the Avatar), probably has an unspecified amount of dragon-blood from being a descendant of Grima. I imagine the Plegian royals did some serious inbreeding to keep amount high, too, since that's typical royalty shenanigans, see, Charles II of Spain:

1MXP6WM.png

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Whelp, I have no idea what's going on. Someone summarize for dumb fools like me & tell me if there's any "real scientific logic" to all this.

tl;dr, If Philip of Castile and Joanna of Castile both had 100% dragon-blood, Charles II only had 3 ancestors without dragon-blood, and he's their great-great-great-great-grandson. So about 95-98% dragon-blooded, I'd say.

Morgan could have some serious dragon-blood from the Avatar's side alone.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

tl;dr, If Philip of Castile and Joanna of Castile both had 100% dragon-blood, Charles II only had 3 ancestors without dragon-blood, and he's their great-great-great-great-grandson. So about 95-98% dragon-blooded, I'd say.

Morgan could have some serious dragon-blood from the Avatar's side alone.

If only one of Philip or Joanna were 100% dragon blood and no one from outside the family had dragon blood, Charles II would be 13/64 = 20% dragon blood despite being 5 to 7 generations removed from Philip and Joanna.

If both Philip and Joanna were 100% dragon blood and no one from outside the family had dragon blood, Charles II would be exactly twice that or 13/32 = 41% dragon blood.