Sega Consoles General

qwernst

I made a thread where people can discuss their experiences with Sega systems like the Master System, Genesis/Mega Drive, Game Gear, Saturn, and Dreamcast. Also what games they like the most on each system respectively.

I grew up with a Genesis and have played many of the classics of the consoles you mentioned, some personal favorites would be

The majority of the Sonic games, Jet Set Radio, the Streets of Rage Trilogy, The Phantasy Star games, Gunstar Heroes, The Golden Axe Trilogy, Some actually good licensed games like The Phantom 2040, The Adventures of Batman & Robin, the Valis games, Castlevania Bloodlines, TMNT The Hyperstone Heist, Powerstone.  The Saturn versions of Sonic 3D Blast & Megaman 8, Guardian Heroes, a few Japanese exclusive titles like the Yu Yu Hakusho fighter for the Genesis,

Good lord I could go on a bit more haha.

Edited by Jedi

I never owned any Sega systems, but I like a good number of their games.

Vectorman and especially ChuChu Rocket are long overdue for reboots.

ahhh, I grew up in a sega household

I fucking love the Genesis and the Dreamcast, I grew up on those Genesis classics and as I was a kid I ended up with a bunch of pirated Dreamcast games

and as I got older I really came to appreciate the Saturn

Streets of Rage is my spirit animal. Brilliant games. I've only played one master system game - Phantasy Star. It's extremely ahead of its time when compared to the Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests. But most of my Sega gaming was as an adult. Sonic may have been my first video game ever, but our genesis gave up the ghost when I was still a tot. I grew up with Nintendo games instead.

Master System and Mega Drive/Genesis were my childhood, man. Phantasy Star, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Wonder Boy, Sonic, Aladdin, OutRun... Sadly, economic reasons prevented me from even considering any more advanced console until over a decade later. That and the lack of local availability of gems like Shinobi 3 and PSIV eventually forced me into piracy.

Then when I decided to get a used Dreamcast, I had to rush through CD 2 of Skies of Arcadia due to constant crashes, couldn't finish Segagaga because the optical drive failed me and didn't get around playing Lodoss... I wonder if there has been any progress in the DC emulation scene, it stayed still for far too long.

8 hours ago, TheEnd said:

I wonder if there has been any progress in the DC emulation scene, it stayed still for far too long.

I could have sworn that I saw a video about this last year, but when I looked through my liked videos it turned out to be for saturn

Edited by Reality