Do you follow other SF members?

Do you use the follow option?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the follow option?

• yes
    • no

I mean with following the "follow" option in the new forum which replaced "friends".
I don't do it because "follow" has a negative note for me. It sounds foreign to me, I even associate this term with stalking.

Just of curiosity I'm asking if am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with this change and would like to see "friends" back?

Edited by Magillanica Lou Mayvin

i follow people back if they're people I like who follow me

but i never actually use it myself, partly because I don't want to follow people who don't want me to follow them (when people I don't like or don't know follow me it feels weird and I wish I could stop them from doing so)

but it's actually more because I feel like the whole thing is meaningless

following this person or being on their friend list won't really do much anyway

so really even though I liked the friend list more I feel like both are pretty pointless and I don't really care either way

Edited by unique

nah, I don't use that function, it kind of puts me off as well

but if I were to ever use it I'd just use it just the same as the friend function, it feels kind of weird to just stalk people's contents >u> (well I mean you kind of could already do that anyway with the forum/member search)

I'm sure I'm overthinking it and there's really no harm from it, but I sort of can't get over the fact that they used that to replace the friend function

Nope.  Don't see why anyone would want to follow me either, considering the quality of my posts haha.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Nope.  Don't see why anyone would want to follow me either, considering the quality of my posts haha.

But thats why I do follow :P:

41 minutes ago, Refa said:

I have now followed one person who was not already following me

37 minutes ago, unique said:

I have now followed one person who was not already following me

Congrats on following Jedi, he's mostly a pretty cool guy

(sometimes he's only kind of cool, sorry Jedi but I'm dishing the HARD TRUTHS)

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

But thats why I do follow :P:

Yeah NGL, I can kind of get how the Urban Champion of posts would appeal to some. :p

i am now following Six people, and it still doesn't seem to do anything

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

Yeah NGL, I can kind of get how the Urban Champion of posts would appeal to some. :p

what does the Urban Champion of posts imply

like, bad but it's forced to continue to exist? are you being held here against your will?????

16 minutes ago, unique said:

what does the Urban Champion of posts imply

like, bad but it's forced to continue to exist? are you being held here against your will?????

Bad but it keeps coming back by popular demand (that's why Nintendo keeps on releasing it, right).  I sure hope not!

But also because being the Urban Champion makes me sound like a street fighting expert, and that's rad.

no
people can follow me but i ain't gonna follow anyone back because when i tried it, my notifications burst so i stopped. i don't care for the friends function either because i don't see any point in that either. i know who my friends are without adding them to some kinda forum mechanic. if i wanna talk to them, i PM them or talk to them via a messenger. 

i am now following Six people, and it still doesn't seem to do anything

None of the followed people is appreciated apparently. ;(

if i wanna talk to them, i PM them or talk to them via a messenger. 

same for me

Also two people followed me and I don't know the hack who they are so I better don't allow people to follow me anymore before I get even bots.

Yeah, I follow people.  If people follow me, I try to follow them back, plus I tried to add the people who were on my friend list before the forum change.  I don't mind if people follow me, but I can understand feeling weird about it.

I wish it was still called the friend list, though.

I follow 2 people and I have 2 person following me

One of them is the mother above me.

But idk, it seems pratical for forum games at least.

Or if the persons I follow saw something I didn't see before this thread for example.

Edited by Nym

It felt better as a "friends" list, honestly. I can't understand why they didn't carry that over from the previous version of the forums, or may I have not seen the reason mentioned some where else in the forums.