• Umbriel/Vaida (FE7)
    • Hyperion/Heath (FE7)
    • Genarog/Cormag (FE8)
    • Minerva/Cherche and Gerome (FE13)
    • Ace/Percy(FE14)
  3. 3. Best Horse

• Avel/Sophie (FE14)
    • Under NO circumstances do I vote for a Fates character
    • Guys, come on! Can't we all just get along?

I compiled a list of all mounts that are given names (usually) through supports. I like when this happens, since it implies a strong connection between rider and mount. Or perhaps that you've given a name to the object of your frustrations during years of your knight training. Whatever the case, which one do you think is the best partner? Any criteria will suffice, something the mount does, how great the unit is when riding the mount, or which one you'd personally like to ride into battle. I divided the poll into species because I felt the wyverns are given too much comparative personality in order for horses and pegasi to compete.

Mount name/Rider(Game of origin)

Pegasi

Spoiler

Mahnya/Fee (FE4)

Hermes/Karin (FE5)

Huey/Florina (FE7)

Murphy/Farina (FE7)

Titania/Vanessa (FE8)

Achaeus/Tana (FE8)

Apples/Marcia (FE9)

Belfire/Sumia and Cynthia (FE13)

Aurora/Cordelia (FE13)

The wiki claims these are Marcia's, Cordelia's, and Sumia's pegasi names, but I can't find in-game sources for them. Odd since I found the names for all the wyverns

Wyverns

Spoiler

Kate/Eda(FE5)

Triffine/Miledy(FE6)

Rubley/Zeiss (FE6)

Umbriel/Vaida (FE7)

Hyperion/Heath (FE7)

Genarog/Cormag (FE8)

Minerva/Cherche and Gerome (FE13)

Ace/Percy(FE14)

Horses

Spoiler

Avel/Sophie (FE14)

Yup, that's the only one. A dozen Christmas knights and they all don't care about their horses enough. They don't even commit to Avel's naming trend by giving Silas' mount the name Kane or something. And Silas has a ton of supports, I wish one or two was devoted to his best friend kane rather than best friend Corrin.

It's a tough call, but my favorite wyvern is Hyperion. A proud name for a proud creature, and yet the one mention we have of him is in Heath's C support with Priscilla, priceless. For Pegasi, I was considering Belfire. The story of a horse returning home to Cynthia after her mother's death gets me a little choked up...but she loses points for sharing that plot element with Minerva, a mount with much more characterization. I'll instead vote for Huey, the ultimate matchmaker.

It is my grandest hope that we see the return of Fates' petting minigame - but for our mounts. A perfect application if you ask me.

Edited by Gustavos

11 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You didn't include Camilla's wyvern Marzia? I don't know exactly where or when it mentions that being the name, but I have heard her named that before both on the wikia and off.

Good catch, adding.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You mean Gerome, right?

Oops

39 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You didn't include Camilla's wyvern Marzia? I don't know exactly where or when it mentions that being the name, but I have heard her named that before both on the wikia and off.

Wasn't this disproven?

I remember there being a thread in the Fates board about it.

Anyway, voted for Huey, Trifinne, and Avel.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

26 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Wasn't this disproven?

Yeah, I remember seeing a thread about that one getting debunked.

36 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Wasn't this disproven?

Anyway, voted for Huey, Trifinne, and Avel.

Yes. And there's a lack of evidence besides the name appearing in a fan fiction. Not a good lead. So unless the source is unearthed in this thread, "Marzia" is going to be kept off the poll.

I recognize that three other pegasi also lack confirmation (at least from me), but several of those mounts are actually characterized by their riders, so I'm willing to leave them in. Actions speaking louder than names, that sort of thing.

With the power of Ctrl+F and skim-reading, I failed to find the proof you wanted, @Gustavos. Sumia/Cynthia and Cordelia/Panne do involve them, but never name them.

While Kieran/Marcia comes close, I don't Marcia ever has the same impact. I think all of her supports that aren't Tanith/Marcia place the spotlight on the other character.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

With the power of Ctrl+F and skim-reading, I failed to find the proof you wanted, @Gustavos. Sumia/Cynthia and Cordelia/Panne do involve them, but never name them.

While Kieran/Marcia comes close, I don't Marcia ever has the same impact. I think all of her supports that aren't Tanith/Marcia place the spotlight on the other character.

Yeah, that's how I confirmed the rest. Some were tricky, like Kate only being confirmed through Eda's death quote. If they get a name, they get on the list, I say. Apples is definitely the most concerning. Because that sounds like somebody's guess for Marcia's pegasus, given all her food-related nicknames and terminology. On the other hand, Ace is totally canon and would be one of the names I'd come up with for a generic super hero.

Edited by Gustavos