Shadows of Valentia cinematics (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Have at it. It also includes the full version of the first cinematic shown upon starting a new game.

In addition to spoilers, you may be hit in the feels and may see what you may consider nightmare fuel.

berkut dancing with his girlfriend in full armor with ominous latin chanting in the background is my favorite

seriously though I really like that scene even though I have no idea what it's supposed to mean

it's cute but at the same time the music makes it pretty clear that he could probably kick your ass if you pissed him off

the way the music gets louder when the guy opens the door is really neat too

also I just want to mention again that CELICA COULDVE KILLED ALM IN THE SCENE WHERE THEY MEET AGAIN GOD DAMN IT CELICA

Edited by unique

1 hour ago, unique said:

berkut dancing with his girlfriend in full armor with ominous latin chanting in the background is my favorite

seriously though I really like that scene even though I have no idea what it's supposed to mean

it's cute but at the same time the music makes it pretty clear that he could probably kick your ass if you pissed him off

I think its just supposed to be an introduction to the two characters. Could be wrong, but that's how it seemed.

My favorite cutscene is the Alm and Celica reuniting one. I found it very touching and a little bit more impacting than the one between Lucina and Chrom (but I mean they're father and daughter so it's arguable). I seriously want more Alm/Celica cutscenes.

Just now, KongDude88 said:

I think its just supposed to be an introduction to the two characters. Could be wrong, but that's how it seemed.

well it's a damn weird introduction to them but alright

5 minutes ago, unique said:

I'm pretty sure its meant to symbolize how Berkut is a man of high social standing and values it highly, given his confident look after finishing dancing and the extravagant area he and rinea were dancing in.

well anyway speaking of berkut

Spoiler

what the fuck is going on with that scene with him and the fire

does he turn into a demon or something after his girlfriend gets killed/turned into a demon also

because I thought he'd be an interesting character but if they're just gonna do another takumi and have him turn into a magical evil demon that'd be fucking dumb

and it looks like that's what they're gonna do 

i can't say i'm that surprised but i am pretty disappointed

hopefully he's not too bad aside from that

Edited by unique

1 hour ago, unique said:

Hide contents

does he turn into a demon or something after his girlfriend gets killed/turned into a demon also

because I thought he'd be an interesting character but if they're just gonna do another takumi and have him turn into a magical evil demon that'd be fucking dumb

We don't have a lot of context behind it yet, really. I'm sure it'll be better explained somehow.

What was with that last scene though?

Spoiler

Why would Alm fight Celica when she appears to be possessed? If he was instructed to use the Falchion to free her, Alm didn't seem aware of what would happen, but Judah did.

Also,

Spoiler

What is with Berkut's insane laughter, dark aura, and somehow turning what appears to be a dead Rinea into a fiery demon that attacks Fernand?

And speaking of Fernand, I want to know his motivation.

Edited by John_of_Valentia

54 minutes ago, unique said:

Reveal hidden contents

Berkut's whole deal is that he wants to become the ruler of Rigel, and personally spearheaded the invasion of Zophia. When he discovers that Alm's the rightful prince and is a massive roadblack, he begs to Duma for more power. From what I can gather, Duma basically acts like a dick and takes "be careful what you wish for" up to eleven.

It's not "nice character gets possessed" as much as "overly ambitious character makes a deal with the devil".

Just now, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

Berkut's whole deal is that he wants to become the ruler of Rigel, and personally spearheaded the invasion of Zophia. When he discovers that Alm's the rightful prince and is a massive roadblack, he begs to Duma for more power. From what I can gather, Duma basically acts like a dick and takes "be careful what you wish for" up to eleven.

It's not "nice character gets possessed" as much as "overly ambitious character makes a deal with the devil".

mm yeah I heard something about that and to be honest I didn't like it then either

it's not that it's necessarily terrible but that his character could've been so much more interesting

maybe this'll be pulled off better but I feel like they sorta went in the wrong direction

Spoiler

although even with duma fucking him up and turning him into whatever that is, I feel like that could be more interesting than him just being pissed at alm for being rudolf's real heir? like, you can see there that his girlfriend is either dead or intensely beaten up before she turns into whatever the hell that is

i think they could handle the same thing better if his begging duma for more power was motivated more by his girlfriend dying

like, his girlfriend clearly doesn't seem like someone we're gonna be battling prior to when she gets turned into the whatever that is (i remember hearing that she gets possessed? not sure if that's what's happening here or what led to her death) but I feel like it would be interesting if we did have to fight her (and she was completely willing about it, not possessed or anything) and alm or someone with him actually kills her

and as a result he ends up making his deal with the devil which fucks him up and leads to one more battle with him where he dies

maybe they'll do whatever they're doing well, but from what I've seen, it doesn't seem too promising

6 minutes ago, GAIDENBRO said:

Here comes the whining when people have zero context to everything already holy shit....

3 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

I'm trying to be calm about it, but it hurts me so much that people act like this is the entire story and all we'll get....

where are you two seeing these people "whining" about this or acting like this is the whole story

i have not seen a single person take any issue with anything in these cutscenes aside from myself, and I literally said that I hope they pull it off better than I think they will

as far as I can tell most people seem pretty happy with this aside from the quality of the animation

1 minute ago, NoNameAtAll said:

I'm more questioning what the hell was happening in that last cutscene. Since NOTHING like that happens in Gaiden.

Looks like instead of just trapping Celica, Judah controlled her causing her to try to kill Alm. Then Mila probably brings her back

2 minutes ago, NoNameAtAll said:

I'm more questioning what the hell was happening in that last cutscene. Since NOTHING like that happens in Gaiden.

i mean really aside from alm and celica meeting, nothing like any of these cutscenes happened in gaiden

the closest other than that is the one with alm and his army

but anyway the last cutscene just looks like

Spoiler

judah controls celica to fight alm and he accidentally kills her but then magical mila powers bring her back or something and also the same powers make the falchion happen

doesn't seem too out there

1 hour ago, unique said:

where are you two seeing these people "whining" about this or acting like this is the whole story

i have not seen a single person take any issue with anything in these cutscenes aside from myself, and I literally said that I hope they pull it off better than I think they will

as far as I can tell most people seem pretty happy with this aside from the quality of the animation

Well, for me, it's not really here on this forums. I joined Serenesforest because a lot of people here are actually pretty open with each other and aren't really letting the elitists/newcomer thing separate them. Everywhere else, (Gamefaqs, Youtube, and I seriously need to stop looking at them) have people complaining mostly just because it's within the 3ds era or just because it's new. People have given up on the game for something stupid like the Alm/Faye support. It's also probably because I'm hyped af for this game and I don't like people complaining about it not being the "perfect" remake.

Edit: I forgot a word that would basically ruin a lot of what I said. lol

Edited by KongDude88

Just now, KongDude88 said:

Well, for me, it's not really here on this forums. I joined Serenesforest because a lot of people here are actually pretty open with each other and aren't really letting the elitists/newcomer thing separate them. Everywhere else, (Gamefaqs, Youtube, and I seriously need to stop looking at them) have people complaining mostly just because it's within the 3ds era or just because it's new. People have given up on the game for something stupid like the Alm/Faye support. It's also probably because I'm hyped af for this game and I don't like people complaining about it being the "perfect" remake.

I find it hilarious how people who haven't played Gaiden are like "They're ruining the story!" What story? Gaiden HAD no story. There were only like 30 lines of dialogue total

22 minutes ago, unique said:

That one guy saying that Berkut's approach was stupid when we don't have enough concrete context to judge him yet.