Berkut's Despair - Translations [Spoilers]

So I was curious about Berkut's role in the story and started looking into his lines. I think the guy's a pretty tragic villain, so I'll do him a favour and translate some of his story appearances.

Due to the way Echoes stores its text (aka everything is a mess), I'm still looking for all the places he appears. I'll update this post when I find more.

Memories 3: Before the Dance

Rinea

Berkut
Hey, what are you doing over there?

Rinea
Eh?

Berkut
....!

Rinea
Lord Berkut...! I-I... please forgive my rudeness.

Berkut
...Pay it no heed; it was I who called out for you. Since you've come to this ball, why aren't you in the main hall?

Rinea
Oh... Because my family... well, they aren't what you would describe as an affluent house. I simply cannot bear to see the gaze of others... so I feel more comfortable standing out here.

Berkut
Such trifle matters shouldn't be taken to heart, no? You already accepted the invitation, so you might as well put on a proper show.

Rinea
Of course...

Berkut
Or do you mean to tell me you dislike dancing?

Rinea
Eh? No, never! I do so love dancing. Oh, the house where I live, there's a small forest nearby. There, there's a flower garden and so many small birds; oh, I love that place with all my heart... When the weather is clear and the air pristine, I always dance there... all alone... Oh dear, pardon me for going on a tangent...

Berkut
Oh, it was my pleasure. Please do continue.

Rinea
I beg your pardon?

Berkut
What is your name?

Rinea
Ah, er... my name is Rinea.

Berkut
Rinea... it's a wonderful name. Well then, Rinea, would you accompany me for one dance?

Rinea
I, er, ah, what?! You're asking somebody like me to dance with such an important man as yourself? That simply won't do... I am not even worthy of your presence.

Berkut
Ahem, what I meant to say is I want you to dance with me! Of course, if you do not wish to venture into the main hall, we can dance here. But there are no flowers or birds here, so please do not be too disappointed.

Rinea
....Ah... Lord Berkut, you're... truly... sniff...

Berkut
Well now... You do remember I'm the Emperor's nephew. Isn't refusing my request far more insulting?

Rinea
...You speak true. In that case, I would love to be your dance partner, milord...

Berkut
Heh.

Map: Zofia's Gate (Chapter 1)

Berkut
So that's the so-called Deliverance? Ha, nothing but a group of savages.

Desaix
Indeed, you are not wrong. Such insects are not worth the attention of a Rigelian such as yourself, sire. Please do look forward to our soldiers' stunning performance from your seat here.

Berkut
That I shall do. What say you, Rinea?

Rinea
I... I cannot stand to see bloodshed... so I regrettably cannot partake, milord.

Berkut
Haha, I jest.

Desaix
In any case, I shall bid my leave...

Berkut
Yes, show me the power of the Dragon Shield I bestowed upon you.

Desaix
Of course! Leave everything to me!

Berkut
....Hey, you said your name was Fernand, correct?

Fernand
...Yes

Berkut
I hear the new leader of the Deliverance is a boy named Alm? This boy is a commoner too, is this true?

Fernand
You are correct. Starting with Clive, it seems everyone has put their faith into Mycen's grandson.

Berkut
Pfft, what idiocy. The nobility is the nobility. Commoners will forever be commoners. Never in a thousand years can a lamb rise to become a lion.

Fernand
Ah! Indeed, indeed! Your words ring with truth, Lord Berkut, sire!

Berkut
Clive of the Zofian Order, huh? If he served Rigel, he would surely be a famed general. It's hard to believe he would commit such a simple error. Hmph, no doubt the Deliverance's days are numbered. If that is the case, it won't be long before Zofia becomes a trophy of our glorious Empire... Rinea!

Rinea
Yes, what is it, milord?

Berkut
Just you wait, my dear Rinea. I will one day succeed Rudolf as Emperor and become the ruler of all of Valentia. And you shall become my Empress. I wager you must be excited.

Rinea
...Berkut, actually I...

Berkut
Aha, it looks like it's started! I do hope you'll give me a good showing, Alm.

(Post-battle)

Berkut
Damn it, Desaix that dastard, he was nothing but a windbag after all.

Fernand
Lord Berkut, what are our plans?

Berkut
With the troops available to us, there's no way for us to hold back the rebels. We shall retreat. We can regroup with the main army back in Zofia Woods. Rinea, you will come with us as well.

Rinea
Understood!

Berkut
Alm, was it...? I shall remember your name.

Map Forest Village (Chapter 3)

Berkut
You've finally come, Deliverance, or whatever you call yourselves.

Alm
Fernand! And you...

Berkut
I am Berkut. The nephew of the Rigelian Emperor, Rudolf.

Alm
Berkut... Emperor Rudolf...!

Berkut
So you are the one they call Alm? The battle of Zofia Castle was a sight to behold. For a ragtag group of commoners, I applaud your efforts.

Clive
I heard the main army retreated. What are you doing here?

Fernand
This is Lord Berkut's little joke. He wants to test your abilities.

Berkut
It has been too long since I last entered the battlefield; my skills have grown rusty. Now is the perfect opportunity for me to witness your abilities in action!

Alm
!! Everyone, get ready; they're advancing on us!

(Vs Berkut; Alm)

Berkut
That mark on your left hand...

Alm
What are you talking about? That's got nothing to do with anything!

Berkut
Hmm, indeed. A lowborn like you would never have a Brand. It's just a third rate lookalike; fitting for a commoner such as yourself!

(Vs Berkut)

Berkut
Hurry! I have come to play!

(Berkut falls)

Berkut
Nngh...! To put me into this position... Forget it. There's no point in throwing away my life just to test my opponent's strength.

(Vs Fernand)

Fernand
You should know there's no need for me to test your abilities!

(Fernand falls)

Fernand
Ah...! I was too careless. Nevermind, I should pull back.

Map: North of the Woods (Chapter 3)

Rudolf
So you've returned, Berkut.

Berkut
Mm...

Rudolf
Is it true you challenged the Deliverance with nothing but your faithless pride and lost?

Berkut
...Nngh. I am terribly sorry. I slightly underestimated their capabilities.

Rudolf

Judah
I would not have expected a man of Berkut's calibre to so easily lose to that group of ragtags. The glory of the Rigelian Knights is but a sham, I see.

Berkut
You insolent cur.... A lowly dog like you dares to mock our glorious order? Before you spout your nonsense, take a proper look at who you're speaking to!

Judah
Sigh... You claim a faithful servant of Rigel's benevolent creator, Lord Duma, is but a dog? I think the one who should take a proper look is not I.

Berkut
What are you suggesting?

Judah
Lord Rudolf. From our reports, the Deliverance is marching towards the bordering floodgates. However, the floodgates are guarded by one known as Tatara, a rather capable member of the Church. From what I've heard, he's acquired himself a new toy as well. That boy will not go any further.

Berkut
Wait! My lord!

Rudolf
What is it? Speak, Berkut.

Berkut
In the event that the Deliverance breaks through the floodgates, I would request your permission to protect the Rigelian border.

Rudolf

Berkut
This time, I will defeat them without fail. You will see with your own eyes. So please, give me one more chance...!

Rudolf
...Very well. However I forbid those cretins from stepping onto Rigelian soil, do you have me clear?

Berkut
Absolutely clear, sire!

Judah
Ohoho... but you're wasting your efforts... Hahahaha....

Berkut
Grr...

Rinea
Oh...

Berkut

Rinea
Lord Berkut, have you finished reporting to his imperial majesty?

Berkut
Yes. I will be heading out again, this time to the country's borders.

Rinea
Oh. But you only just returned not long ago.

Berkut
It was I who requested. I asked him to give me one more chance. That goddamn Alm! It's all because of him that I've had to put up with Judah's mockery. This slight, I will be sure to return!

Nuibaba
Oho, well if it isn't Lord Berkut?

Berkut
Who goes?

Nuibaba
It's been a long time. I am the keeper of Fear Mountain, Nuibaba, sent here by Lord Judah himself. From what I've heard, you lost to that loathsome Deliverance and came scurrying back with your tail between your legs.

Berkut
You Church people are all the same, aren't you? You don't know when to shut up.

Nuibaba
Oh, how scary. Please do not misunderstand, milord. I have come here to provide you with assistance.

Berkut
Assistance? What assistance could you bring me? Why should I rely on your chaotic god when I can hone my own skills? I don't need your help or your "power".

Nuibaba
Oh, are you sure about that? Say you somehow fail to keep the borders, even somebody of your status would be plunged into a perilous situation. Wouldn't you agree?

Berkut
...Grr...

Nuibaba
You claim our power is unneeded, but surely you have seen the benefits our Church has provided to the war effort? I believe even you must be aware of the potential of Lord Duma's power. You do know how Lord Judah sacrificed his daughters Mara and Heste to Lord Duma? Of course, he too has attained great sorcerous powers.

Rinea
He did that to his own daughters? How terrible...

Nuibaba
Well, what do you say, milord? Should you also desire to obtain Duma's strength, I will personally come to perform your rites. I look forward to seeing you join the fold...

Berkut
Pointless blabber. No matter how strong Duma's power is, it's meaningless if I cannot defeat Alm using my own strength.

Nuibaba
You're a stubborn little one aren't you? In that case, you should at least take this.

Berkut
A... mirror?

Nuibaba
This is a cursed mirror. Of course, I believe you will be victorious. But if worse comes to worse, all you have to do is break this mirror. Doing so will surely be of great help to you, milord.

Berkut
I don't need something like...

Nuibaba
Are you absolutely sure?

Berkut

Nuibaba
There's no harm in keeping it to be on the safe side. Well, Lord Berkut, I pray for your victory. Ohohoho....

Map: Borders (Chapter 4)

Berkut
I've been waiting for you, Alm.

Alm
Berkut...!

Berkut
Heh... You've brought more than I expected. Your ragtag army of soldiers has grown into quite a sight.

Alm

Berkut
But, it appears you fail to grasp the difference between heaven and earth. You dare to attack Rigel on its own soil... Who do you think you are, foolish dastard? The king of Zofia!? I would advise you to look into a mirror!

Clive
Don't speak of Alm like that!

Fernand
Clive?

Clive
I have been watching Alm carefully, monitoring his actions and speech. He has the makings of our king; he's a valiant yet merciful warrior. I have finally come to realise, the qualifications of a king do not merely come from birth, but arise due to his thoughts and worries for others and how he acts to solve these problems.

Fernand
Clive, you fool...! Do you truly mean to abandon the pride of our Zofian nobility, all for this petty commoner? You are no longer the Clive I once knew. I shall cut you down here and now!

[Movie: Battle of Heroes]

(Vs Berkut)

Berkut
You invaders who have sullied Rigel... This is my final act of mercy. You shall all die here!

(Berkut falls)

Berkut
Urgh... How... could I...

(Vs Fernand)

Fernand
You fools who bring shame to Zofia, to hell with you!

(Fernand falls)

Uhh...! Why? Why can't I beat these dastards...!

(Post-battle)

Berkut
Gah...

Alm
Berkut... I admit you are strong. Because of this, I'm sorry I have no choice but to end you now!

(Berkut uses Nuibaba's mirror)

Berkut
...I can't believe I had to rely on this... thing.

Alm
Eh?!

Tobin
Uh... uwaaaaah! Wh-what the heck is that!? Alm!!

Alm
Is everybody alright!?

Soldier
Ayee! S-save me...

Alm
Gods! What is this!? Hands coming from beneath the ground... Is this some kind of sorcery?

Lukas
No, I don't think so. Our Magic and attacks aren't doing anything! This is different to the magic we know about... Urgh!

Alm
Lukas! What should I do? If things continue like this, then everyone... Berkut, what are you playing at!?

Berkut
...How astounding... So this is the strength of Duma.

Alm
What did you just say...?

Berkut
...Nothing. You will die here, so there's no sense in explaining.

Alm
Wait, Berkut... Nngh... Am I really going to die here...!? I won't be able to see you again... Celica...?

Alm
Huh...?

Tobin
Hey, didn't something just shine just then?

Alm
It was Celica's charm... Was that you, Celica? Thank you Celica. You saved me and the others...!

Berkut
What? They lifted Duma's curse?! Dastard, what have you done?

Alm
...I don't know. But I do know I need to offer my sincerest thanks to someone.

Berkut
...What are you babbling on about? A dastard like you is capable of this... The mighty Berkut will never...!

Fernand
Lord Berkut! Although the curse has been broken, the enemy doesn't have the strength to purse. We should use this opportunity to pull back!

Berkut
Fernand... But...!

Fernand
As long as you can keep your head, you still have a chance to explain to the Emperor. Now, let us hurry!

Berkut
Damn it...!

Fernand
...So that was a display of Duma's might? Having to rely on this kind of power, doesn't this reek of immorality? The Rigelian Empire... or rather the Order of Duma, what on earth are they planning?

(Fast forward a little ahead)

Berkut
Goddamnit!!! Why? Why can't I win against Alm!? That commoner, how has he been able to defeat the mighty Berkut, not once, but twice...!!

Rinea
Lord Berkut! Please calm yourself, milord. As long as you are safe and sound, that's all tha...

Berkut
Shut up! What do you know!?

Rinea
...Oh, Berkut...

Berkut
...Ever since I was little, I only desired one thing, to become stronger and stronger. That was the responsibility of being born a royal. Whether it was Father or Mother, that was what I was taught. Are you saying it's right that I lost to that filthy commoner!? I even had to resort to using that inhumane power... Was I simply naive...?

Duma
...Accept me...

Berkut
What?!

Duma
Human seeking strength... Become my follower...

Berkut
That voice...? Who's there?

Rinea
Milord!? Are you alright...?

Berkut
...You didn't hear a thing...? That voice just now...

Berkut
...That dastard Alm... So he's actually Rudolf's son...? Which makes him the rightful heir of the Rigelian Empire? So it was all a waste... everything I've worked so hard for... I don't believe it... I refuse to believe it... Everything is a goddamn lie!!

Berkut
Huh!? This place... an altar? How did I arrive here...?

Duma
...Human filled with endless ambitions...

Berkut
Who said that!?

Duma
Human in search of power... Become my follower... Accept all that I am...

Berkut
This... voice...! Duma... You're the God Duma, aren't you...?

Duma

Berkut
This is...?

Rinea
Lord Berkut!

Berkut
Rinea...

Rinea
I was searching all over for you, milord. I never thought I'd find you here of all places. After all, I know how much you despise the church.

Berkut
...Indeed. Having my right to the throne suddenly snatched away by that boy. Anyone would want to borrow the gods' strength.

Rinea
Oh... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything...

Berkut

Rinea
Milord, please lift your spirits. Lord Alm is a gentle soul; he would never cause willful harm to you...

Berkut
So what!?

Rinea
Eeek!

Berkut
I want to win against Alm. I want to win and become the Emperor! After that, with you as my Empress, I shall rule over the whole of Valentia! ...But look at me now. Even Rigel is forever out of my grasp. If I have to beg for that dastard's forgiveness to live, then I'd rather he execute me now!

Rinea
Oh, Berkut... I beg of you, please don't say such terrible things. I... To tell the truth, I feel more relaxed now that I don't have to be Empress.

Berkut
...What are you saying?

Rinea
So long as I can stay by your side, my heart will be content. So even if you cannot be the Emperor, I...

Berkut
Rinea... even you?!

Rinea
Eh?

Berkut
So you've been mocking me? You're just like Rudolf and Massena. Mocking a useless fool, a fool who can never be the Emperor! You've also been laughing at me behind my back, haven't you!!?

Rinea
Oh, Berkut, what are you saying?

Berkut
Duma, my God... I shall accept your terms. Give me strength! Give me the strength to destroy everything! No matter the cost!

Rinea
A...ahhhhhhh!

[Movie: The Price of Power]

Map: Duma's Temple (Chapter 5)

Alm
Ah! It's...

Berkut
...Ha... Hahahaha... I've waited so long to see you, Alm. No... Or should I say Emperor Rudolf II of Rigel?

Alm
Berkut...

Berkut
Tell me, how does it feel to be in control of both Zofia and Rigel? I wager you are ecstatic beyond words. Yet it is not a feeling I will ever be able to share...

Alm
Berkut, I have never once felt that way. The people of Rigel won't accept as their Emperor straight away. However, for my father's sake... no, for the sake of all of Valentia, no matter how difficult it is, I shall shoulder the responsibility of this country.

Berkut

Alm
From now on, Valentia faces a long road ahead of it. So, Berkut, I wish to borrow your strength. Compared to me, you have the trust of the people. Besides, we're cousins, right? Ha, it feels like a dream to have a cousin who shares my blood! I'm certain we'll get along fine. Together, the two of us will create a Valentia that's...

Berkut
Silence. Just because I had yet to say anything, you had the audacity to spew nothing but filth my way. The two of us, together? Don't make me laugh. Power is used for competing! Power is for fighting!

Berkut

Alm
Huh!? Berkut, your face...!

Clive
So this is what Fernand warned us about! Alm, I fear Berkut has already accepted Duma's strength. He is no longer the Berkut we know!

Alm
How has it come to this?!

(Vs Berkut)

Berkut
Well? Isn't she pretty...? My lovely Rinea...

Alm
...! What have you done!? You... you sacrificed your beloved to Duma?!

Berkut

Alm
You've lost your mind... In your search for power, you've forsaken all that's holy!?

Berkut
It took me a while to finally understand. Power will never betray you and it will never hurt you... It doesn't matter if it's flesh and blood or being together, all of that holds no meaning. The only thing you can trust in this world is your own power!

Alm
.....! So you think Father betrayed you!? That's not how it is! Father always cared about you. You're the one who stayed by his side all this time; how you could not understand!?

Berkut
Shut up! You're annoying me! I've already grown tired of your prattering. Come, Rinea. After we've purged these fools, we shall proceed with our wedding...!

Alm
Berkut...!

Berkut
This is all... your doing! Everything I ever loved... you stole it all from me!

(Berkut falls)

Berkut
Ungh... urgh...!!

(Post-battle)

Berkut
Nngh...!

Alm
Berkut... I'm sorry we couldn't save you. You were my one and only cousin, and we only just got to know one another... I can't believe things turned out like this...!

Berkut
...Pah... What do you mean "cousin"? A nuisance to the end... Come, let me die a swift and painless death. Then you can become the only one in the line to the Rigelian throne.

Alm
Berkut! Still you go on about that...

Rinea
...Lord Berkut...

Berkut
...Huh!? Rinea... is it my sweet Rinea...?

Rinea
Milord... even if you don't have a crown, or a throne or a castle... The confident and smiling Berkut will forever be my Emperor...

Berkut
...Rinea...!

Rinea
But... It seems here is no longer your kingdom. Please, let's go to the kingdom waiting for us on the other side. You said you would make me your Empress, did you not...?

Berkut
Ah... Indeed. I did say that, Rinea... It seems in my blind pursuit for power, the Berkut you love already died inside... I'm so sorry, Rinea... Let's go; this time, we'll be together again...

Alm
Berkut...!

Berkut
...Oh, Alm... This is for you...

Alm
A... ring?

Berkut
This ring was a memento from my mother... I believe it will be of use one day... Ungh...!

Alm
Berkut...! I hate this! Don't leave me all alone!! You have to come back to Rigel with us! I still need to hear stories of Father from you...!

Berkut
...Honestly... How naive do you have to be? Alm... Please make Valentia... into a place beyond the reaches of the gods... a place where people can choose their own fate... A world... free from the meddling of gods. I know... you can do it.... ....

Alm
Berkut, wake up, Berkut! Why!? Why did this have to happen? I only just got to know you and Father...! I... sniff, sniff...

Edited by VincentASM

Spoiler

KlfxXdc.png

he says that a lot doesn't he

Spoiler

in all seriousness, I'm a bit disappointed. maybe with more context i'll like him better but from what we've seen here berkut just kinda seems like he's just gonna be an arrogant power hungry asshole. most of his dialogue just seems to be about how he wants to kill alm

the only time he seems to show any other emotion is when he says

"...Ever since I was little, I only desired one thing, to become stronger and stronger. That was the responsibility of being born a royal. Whether it was Father or Mother, that was what I was taught. "

but then that just goes into him talking about how alm's stronger than him and that's a bad thing

and in the end, he makes his deal with duma to get stronger or whatever.... because he misunderstood something his girlfriend said as mocking him???? he just seems like a petty and thoroughly unsympathetic guy.

Edited by unique

7 minutes ago, unique said:
  Reveal hidden contents

KlfxXdc.png

he says that a lot doesn't he

Reveal hidden contents

in all seriousness, I'm a bit disappointed. maybe with more context i'll like him better but from what we've seen here berkut just kinda seems like he's just gonna be an arrogant power hungry asshole. most of his dialogue just seems to be about how he wants to kill alm

the only time he seems to show any other emotion is when he says

"...Ever since I was little, I only desired one thing, to become stronger and stronger. That was the responsibility of being born a royal. Whether it was Father or Mother, that was what I was taught. "

but then that just goes into him talking about how alm's stronger than him and that's a bad thing

and in the end, he makes his deal with duma to get stronger or whatever.... because he misunderstood something his girlfriend said as mocking him???? he just seems like a petty and thoroughly unsympathetic guy.

Spoiler

I think he was going to give his soul to Duma (or whatever that thing was about) anyway, Rinea just said the wrong things at the wrong time.

Goddamn do I like Berkut.

Spoiler

He tries so hard to live up to the standards that he thinks the next-in-line for Rigel should have according to Rigelian traditions, but alas, he is missing some key information.  Brutal... Just brutal. I bet he thinks that almost everyone around him sees him as unworthy of Rigel's legacy, thus he doesn't know what he has until he goes beyond the point of no return.

10 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:
  Hide contents

I think he was going to give his soul to Duma (or whatever that thing was about) anyway, Rinea just said the wrong things at the wrong time.

Spoiler

that's probably true I just thought it was a bit unnecessary

just makes him look kinda stupid and more petty

like I can accept that after all of that he'd sell his soul or whatever to be stronger but adding that there just seemed pointless to me

i think it would've worked better if she actually turned against him or something like that, since she does seem to be the only person he really cares about

Edited by unique

Basically the new Michalis seemingly without any redeeming qualities.

EDIT: saw the edited stuff. Now I feel bad for him and Rinea once they've been defeated.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Berkut does seem like a victim of circumstance with the way he was raised and his country's teachings it's clear that it broke him mentally creating a power complex and making him not even realize when someone who cares is right in front of him. 

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Though some of it still feels hokey, Berkut seems like one of the better Camus (though a bit of an unconventional one) of the series.

isn't the whole idea of the "Camus" that they don't want to fight you

berkut is like the opposite he seems to be fucking itching to kill alm 

he has redeeming qualities I suppose but he has pretty much nothing in common with camus aside from not being a blatantly evil villain with no redeeming qualities

16 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Still can't find the first encounter though XD

I believe in you.

Honestly, I'm quite impressed. Maybe because I was keeping my expectations low, but I'm actually satisfied so far.

Also...

Spoiler

I like how they're bringing up the matter about Judah and his daughters, I wonder if Sonia has some special dialogue about it? Other than her ending.

I also appreciated how Alm explicitly calls Berkut his cousin. I was afraid they were going to another Fates-like situation with Corrin and Azura never acknowledging that they're actually relatives.

Spoiler

yeah after reading this I think I can safely say that I don't like berkut much

as just a standard antagonist I guess he's better than what most of the others in this game will probably be like

but after he sells his soul to duma or whatever it just gets boring and seems like another takumi situation where he's like GRRR I HATE [PROTAGONIST] THEY RUINED EVERYTHING and then he dies and we're supposed to feel sorry for him as he gives his sad speech where he suddenly doesn't hate you anymore

although even then takumi at least was an okay guy to people other than corn

berkut just seems like a power hungry asshole to people aside from rinea (who doesn't seem to exist for any reason other than being berkut's girlfriend, but hopefully i'm wrong on that) and I have pretty much no reason to care about him

i hope conrad is cool since berkut seems like he's gonna disappoint me, as much as I hope he doesn't

Edited by unique

I found the first encounter, so I combined everything into the first post.

You can search for "Map Forest Village (Chapter 3)" to find it. It's a bit underwhelming though.

I kind of feel like I'm missing some pieces, but I think I checked everywhere. Let me know if I have missed something though!

1 hour ago, unique said:

isn't the whole idea of the "Camus" that they don't want to fight you

berkut is like the opposite he seems to be fucking itching to kill alm 

he has redeeming qualities I suppose but he has pretty much nothing in common with camus aside from not being a blatantly evil villain with no redeeming qualities

He wants to rule the country, and from his dialogue it can be inferred that he wants what's best for Rigel as much as he wants power.
But yeah, my labeling him a Camus was due to a lightbulb moment and wasn't really thought out.

Edited by The DanMan

So far, I like a lot the guy. 

Spoiler

He lived his life around the idea of becoming the King of Rigel and he most likely had many projects for the future of Rigel, with marrying Rinea beong probably one of them. Not only that, he also lived believing that he needs to be strong, or else he wouldn't be fitting to become king. However, Alm arrives and not only crushes his pride by being stronger than him, but Alm - as the son of Rigel - would probably take the throne Berkut had dreamt for, probably destroying what little sanity he still had

I could also be reading way too much into Berkut's character, but so far, I just freakin' love him.

I don't like his character, I love it. I spent a while myself trying to think of how you could possibly fit his character in the plot, and this is honestly a million times better than I ever could have come up with. I don't know how I feel about Alm randomly being able survive the mirror with a plot device, but that is on Alm's character and not Berkut's.

2 hours ago, Titamon said:

Anyone else not feeling the Bieber haircut on Berkut?

yeah I can't say I like it either. the rest of his design is alright but his hair looks kinda silly. it's a bit better in the cutscenes, but not by much