This game makes me want a Fire Emblem equivalent to Hyrule Historia (MAJOR SPOILERS)

With all the new information this game gave us, as well as remnants of new things  from Awakening and Fates like the Schism or the Fates Dragon Gate, I'd really like to see how things are in the things we haven't seen from the past. Of course, remakes of the Jugdral games would probably do similar things, if not open even more questions.

3 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

With all the new information this game gave us, as well as remnants of new things  from Awakening and Fates like the Schism or the Fates Dragon Gate, I'd really like to see how things are in the things we haven't seen from the past. Of course, remakes of the Jugdral games would probably do similar things, if not open even more questions.

Also, it would be a blessing to have some information cleared up. Like Grima for instance.

I would fucking love an Archanea history book.

Knowing when all the events that occur happen on a very specific timeline would be a godsend.

It would also help to fill in the void of time between FE1-5 and 13 and maybe explain how the legendary weapons of Jugdral aren't tied to blood in Awakening. (I always assumed either the pact faded over time or anyone could use the weapons, it's simply that Holy Blood would tap into their full potential, then there's the Occam's razor of them simply being forgeries.)

Somedy talked about Hyrule Historia favorably ? Chaaaaarge !

We don't need a convulted retcon book. y'know. :p
Because, we already have characters that do that, and chapter 6 to know what Grima will be. Maybe.

Which I don't really have a problem with by now since I only know tidbits of Gaiden, never played it and all, but... come on, we don't need that kind of things. 'Oh you did not knew this, but this was actually this way and even though this, this and this totally contradict it, it's totally that way, 100% planned from start and all'.
Like, really.

As long as they let the separate universes actually stay separate, that'd be interesting. The last thing we need is them to do some ham fisted attempt to fit Sacred Stones into any other game's timeline/setting.

4 hours ago, Jedor said:

As long as they let the separate universes actually stay separate, that'd be interesting. The last thing we need is them to do some ham fisted attempt to fit Sacred Stones into any other game's timeline/setting.

Most games are more or less "confirmed" to take place in other universes. It's just FE1-5 and 13 that take place in the same world, with all the others taking place somewhere the Dragon Gates can reach. 

I wished some of this wasn't true, since I always liked my theory of the Tellius games taking place in the far, far past, but somebody here reminded me that it was heavily implied that Ike(or a descendent) came to the FE1-5, 13(I feel like we should just call this the "Dragon world") world in the distant past. 

As for the one, connected world, we already know the general time line. 

Jugdral happened long before Archanea/Valentia, which happened long before Awakening. If there was a Fire Emblem Historia, it'd be a single page. Or two pages, depending how extravagant Nintendo wanted to be. 

Elibe we already know takes place in a world where dragons aren't native, and come through a Dragon Gate, Priam's backstory confirms that Tellius is through another Dragon Gate, Fates confirms through Odin/Laslow/Severa that it's a different world. The only question mark is indeed SS, but SS seems to be another world where Gods/Demons are the primary "bigs" as opposed to dragons, so it's likely its own thing, too. 

Edited by Slumber

I believe that it wasn't even in the original plans to have all FE games linked into a timeline, this just opens more questions like:

Spoiler

How can be Gradivus, Mercurius and Parthia be in Valentia if they are house Archanea regalia?

Spoiler

How can a second Falchion exist?

Spoiler

How can a Divine Dragon have tentacles?

and so on.

And to respond this question:

12 hours ago, DaloDask said:

It would also help to fill in the void of time between FE1-5 and 13 and maybe explain how the legendary weapons of Jugdral aren't tied to blood in Awakening. 

Fanservice, simply as that.

Hell the original Gaiden was just a "side history", so my questions above doesn't even needed to be responded by the game!

If there's something that I loved about the "Kaga Style" FE plots was that he simply let a lot to the player to answer by himself and create their own theories, something that is getting more and more uncommon in the new games (and for the record I think FE 11-12 did a very good job at that, introducing new plot elements, like Nagi, while not giving exact answers for them).

TLDR: Fire Emblem doesn't need a timeline, let the players make their own.

Edited by Light Master
Edit : Added TLDR

I'm pretty confident an actual FE timeline exists, so there's no real need to retcon anything.

We already knew the Archanea/Jugdral games have a clear place in the timeline, but everything else has been a closely guarded secret, with a few hints and teases. Or in Awakening's case, they just outright told us.

That said, I would not be surprised if the timeline is branched like Zelda. Except rather than Ocarina of Time being the branching point, we have the Outrealms and possibly even Fates to a certain degree.

Anyway, I'm not gonna lie: I would literally jump with joy if they revealed the FE timeline.

I think everyone's missing the point. I don't care about the timeline so much as the little details.

Like getting art of the Crusaders from FE4 or a story about them. Or learning about the events that lead to certain big events.

The timeline would be cool, I just think a lore book itself would be the nifty part.

the only fire emblem related thing I actually want to know is the real lyrics for life returns

but in all seriousness I think this would be a really cool idea. i'd love to see little details about all the fire emblem games. lots of interesting stuff to explore here

a timeline thing I personally would not want but thats like one page out of presumably hundreds. there's so much they could do with this and i think it'd be really cool

Considering the shitstorm Hyrule Historia brought about (and that's just the Zelda fandom-- games with straightforward and/or minimalist plot and worldbuilding), I'm not sure I'd want an FE equivalent.

On Saturday, April 08, 2017 at 4:24 PM, The DanMan said:

Considering the shitstorm Hyrule Historia brought about (and that's just the Zelda fandom-- games with straightforward and/or minimalist plot and worldbuilding), I'm not sure I'd want an FE equivalent.

Fire Emblem isn't anywhere near as messy as the Zelda timeline.

I would buy the shit out of an FE history book. Especially if we can get final confirmation as to whether Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius do in fact take place in a universe apart from the Archanaea connected games.