So as a fan; I have stated previously in older posts, Ive only played really the later half of the fe series gba and up, I have high hopes for echoes. What should be my biggest concern coming into it like what should really be a focus point. What would be the biggest learning curve or change in the upcoming game.

Edited by TheEmblem

If it is like Gaiden (which it seems to be) be prepared to miss all the time. Treat 90s like 50s. It is also wise to early promote because the gains upon promotion bring the character's stats up to the class stats. Also be prepared for some maps that are pointlessly large fields with units scattered around. Archers are actually good, and fliers are only weak to non-generic bows (silver bow, iron bow etc). Falcon knights also deal increased damage to monsters. Promotion happens at a different level for each class. Kliff is also amazing, use Kliff. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Promotion happens at a different level for each class.

It's not too inconsistent when you really look at it.

• Villager promotes at level 3.
  • Classes that promote twice (Mercenary, Soldier, Archer, and Cavalier) promote at level 7 the first time and 10 thereafter.
  • Classes that only promote once (Male Mage, Pegasus Knight, and Cleric) promote at level 12.
  • The Female Mage class is a special exception, promoting a bit later than the Male Mage class (at 14) to balance out the fact that they get access to swords.
  • Alm and Celica promote as part of the game's plot.

Here's a potentially useful chart I made eight seconds ago.

XC2OkKV.png

11 hours ago, Iridium said:

It's not too inconsistent when you really look at it.

• Villager promotes at level 3.
  • Classes that promote twice (Mercenary, Soldier, Archer, and Cavalier) promote at level 7 the first time and 10 thereafter.
  • Classes that only promote once (Male Mage, Pegasus Knight, and Cleric) promote at level 12.
  • The Female Mage class is a special exception, promoting a bit later than the Male Mage class (at 14) to balance out the fact that they get access to swords.
  • Alm and Celica promote as part of the game's plot.

Here's a potentially useful chart I made eight seconds ago.

XC2OkKV.png

Don't female mages promote at 20?

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

Take some time to grind. When reclassing you can either choose to get the promotion bonus early, but if you take the time to grind and reach those levels by yourself you'll get extra HP. If a unit will only get one or two points in all stats extra, it might be a better idea to just grind them a bit more.

Edited by NaokiP