How useful would the Ike/Mia support have been?

For those who don't know, in the game data is coding for an Ike/Mia support with the C-support even fully written. It got cut, IIRC, because Ike had too many. That said, I'm curious, if it hadn't...

Personally I think it would have been a 'meh' option at best for Ike. With Oscar and Soren being better she'd have been competing with Titania for the #3 support (if she got it or not would depend on the time). Not that Ike would want an A as it would only give him avoid and hit. Mia would have gushed for it though since it gives her much-desired evasion.

What about other cut supports? I can't remember which other ones there were, so how useful would they have been?

Useless to me. I prefer to support Ike with Elincia, Ranulf, and Oscar. Rhys is the best Mia support. :P

I don't remember everyone's affinities, so I'm not sure which was best with which. I just remember that earth with another earth was great.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't see Ike/Mia listed among the cut supports on the Unused Content page.

Spoiler

A whole slew of supports were cut from the game:

Stefan/Tauroneo, Sothe/Volke, Astrid/Tanith, Tanith/Volke, Ranulf/Tauroneo, Lucia/Titania, Marcia/Mia, Mist/Tormod, Mist/Volke, Muarim/Stefan, Nephenee/Mia, Oscar/Astrid, Reyson/Ulki, Kieran/Lethe, Gatrie/Bastian, Geoffrey/Kieran, Geoffrey/Bastian, Haar/Sothe, Haar/Ulki, Ike/Zihark, Janaff/Reyson, Janaff/Sothe, Shinon/Mist, Devdan/Makalov, Elincia/Jill, Elincia/Lucia, Elincia/Muarim, Elincia/Nephenee, Elincia/Tauroneo, Boyd/Devdan, Calill/Shinon, Brom/Geoffrey, Brom/Makalov

No conversations exist for these supports, although Zihark has an unused alternate dialogue in the Epilogue, which seems to be a remnant of his support with Ike.

That said, even if it is in the data, I don't think it would have likely panned out very well. Mia's supports are a bit flat, comical, but not the funniest. Ike is rather passive in most of his supports. For the two to have a support that amounted to more than just the very generic "training to build bonds", it would require the unexpected from either character.

Movement type-wise, Mia and Ike are the same, which is good. Fire + Earth at A would offer 1 Atk, +7 Hit, and 15 Avoid. Nice for Mia yeah, but Ike might have better choices. Soren can give the same 1 Atk point, but more 7 more Avoid. Though Ike can't plunge into a pack of enemies if Soren has to be by his side, whereas he can with a trained dodgetank/Wrath Mia. Oscar would be ideal for Ike, between their fast support and their +30 Avoid boost, but Ike might be a little immobile for Oscar, and Oscar might prefer to give his A to Tanith or Kieran. The rest I'd say Mia exceeds.

In terms of content, it would have been nice to have a better idea of what Greil did for Mia, and where she hailed from more clearly. However, because of the nature of both characters, the support would have been about them training more than likely. That's no good. 

Gameplay wise, it would still be worse than Oscar A Soren B for Ike, and would have practically no use for him. Mia would definitely enjoy the benefits of the support however. Ike wouldn't mind the extra attack, but the durability from the avoid would be more useful for him overall. Especially since Oscar can immediately get C with Ike as soon as supports are unlocked. I honestly doubt Mia would have been able to support with Ike immediately. 

With Ike being a support for Mia, I feel that there would have been a bit more of a debate on whether Mia was better or equal to Zihark in this case. Earth + Vantage + Wrath would be pretty good overall. 

The one I would have wanted storywise would have been Jill/Elincia... Which honestly gives me vibes that Elicina was toyed around with for being playable from the start rather than so late in the game. I mean... Mist at one point was a lord type character, so it wouldn't be surprising at all. 

The only unlisted support for Ike I see there is Zihark, and that would have been a pretty great support.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

The only unlisted support for Ike I see there is Zihark, and that would have been a pretty great support.

I think it would have gone more into Ziharks past which already made him like my favorite Tellius person along with his KINDNESS.

41 minutes ago, Refa said:

I would've loved to see this one too. They're my two favorite sword people in Tellius (not counting Elincia, since she's both sword and healer).

Pretty great for anyone intending to use Mia anyway, especially since the next best thing to help her evasion is Largo.

They did have Ike/Mia in Radiant Dawn's unused special support list though, and I think the two of them pair well despite Mia being a gimmick character. At least that'd be a chance to flesh her out more.

That's odd. I know it exists and even remember posting the entire C-support dialogue before. Yet I can't find it on Google now. Huh.

As for other cut supports, I'm really surprised they didn't keep in Elincia/Lucia, especially given their relationship as 'milk siblings' or something like that. Nephenee got a raw deal as all her supports suck ATM except for, maybe, Calill. A Mia support would have helped. Also, Mia X Marcia would have been a freaking brute. Desired by both and pretty painful.

5 hours ago, Snowy_One said:

Also, Mia X Marcia would have been a freaking brute. Desired by both and pretty painful.

I question the usefulness of a infantry unit x mounted unit support, especially with said mounted unit being a flier.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I question the usefulness of a infantry unit x mounted unit support, especially with said mounted unit being a flier.

The whole "movement gap" argument for supports is pretty overstated, especially in a game where units don't need to be near each other to build support. It might be a problem in efficient play, but most players won't mind.

Ike/Mia, assuming it had a decent speed, would be a useful support for Mia (she has the highest base avo of any FE9 beorc, IIRC, just her current supports don't buff it at all) and wouldn't particularly hurt Ike. (Oscar is still has best option due to double earth and the insane speed, but Titania/Soren/hypothetical Mia are all reasonable choices for the second depending on who is used.

17 hours ago, Florete said:

The whole "movement gap" argument for supports is pretty overstated, especially in a game where units don't need to be near each other to build support. It might be a problem in efficient play, but most players won't mind.

It really is overstated. Outside of tier-lists there is no reason to try and chew through the game any faster than the BEXP turn-count limit and, even within, stuff like an Ike/Oscar support is usually not considered problematic. Despite it being basically the exact same thing movement-wise as Mia/Marcia.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean, whether it's in terms of story or more gameplay-based. Ike-Mia has been seen as the most beneficial for each other for a while. 

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I'm a little confused as to what you mean, whether it's in terms of story or more gameplay-based. Ike-Mia has been seen as the most beneficial for each other for a while. 

In Radiant Dawn, maybe. In PoR they don't have a support (it got cut).

• 2 weeks later...

They cut pretty much all Geoffrey supports, leaving him with two. This makes me more depressed -.-

If they ever do do a remake for PoR, which I don't expect to happen for a while, I really hope they add more supports in for the characters that didn't get as much love supports-wise. A Geoffrey/Bastian or even Geoffrey/Keiran support would have been great! Only talking for story and characterisation. I don't care about bonuses for supports. That's not why I play Fire Emblem ^.^

• 1 year later...

I don’t find it all that useful. I usually go with the Ike Soren support just because I like their conversations. But if your looking for usefulness I’d go with Oscar

On 4/8/2017 at 10:20 AM, Snowy_One said:

For those who don't know, in the game data is coding for an Ike/Mia support with the C-support even fully written. It got cut, IIRC, because Ike had too many. That said, I'm curious, if it hadn't...

Personally I think it would have been a 'meh' option at best for Ike. With Oscar and Soren being better she'd have been competing with Titania for the #3 support (if she got it or not would depend on the time). Not that Ike would want an A as it would only give him avoid and hit. Mia would have gushed for it though since it gives her much-desired evasion.

What about other cut supports? I can't remember which other ones there were, so how useful would they have been?

It never existed.

Can this myth fade already.