XFQ246E.png

ok, I finished the game for the first time( amazing game). but the ending got this weird text( probably because of translation maybe?) afer seizing the final castle and then froze on this screen. Is it a  bug or maybe it was a translation bug?

The ending glitching up is probably the most infamous bug in FE4 translations. Almost every patch on the market comes to a grinding halt during the ending sequence, and the dialogue is not translated. If you want to read the dialogue in English, then use the Project Naga translation: the ending is in English, and the thread is here.

Alternatively, should your rom be prepatched with the old translation, you can try applying the patch in the post below. Be warned: though it may fix the traditional crash spot, it may still hang should Silesia not be inherited by anyone.

8 hours ago, Darrman said:

The ending glitching up is probably the most infamous bug in FE4 translations. Almost every patch on the market comes to a grinding halt during the ending sequence, and the dialogue is not translated. If you want to read the dialogue in English, then use the Project Naga translation: the ending is in English, and the thread is here.

Alternatively, should your rom be prepatched with the old translation, you can try applying the patch in the post below. Be warned: though it may fix the traditional crash spot, it may still hang should Silesia not be inherited by anyone.

Why didn't they finish the translation then? I think that playing the whole game Just to find out the ending is unfinished is anoyying. Amyway, is the project narga tphe best translation? The translation I played was underwhelming, weapons have unfinished names( steel sword is only called steel)

The old patch went through a few hands, and I don't think it was so much a matter of "let's not finish the ending" as "we can't figure out how to get the ending to work!" I suggest the new translation patch. Project Naga translated the whole script from scratch, fixing errors that were made before the modern Western FE fandom existed, including a drastic mistake with Arden's characterization (in Japanese he's apparently whiny, not an idiot caveman). In all honesty the only reason to stick with the old translation is if you're extremely allergic to localized names.