Your Villagers future promotion (Can contain spoilers)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gray: definitely Mercenary.
Tobin: Archer. But in my last Gaiden playthrough he also worked well as a Cavalier, but I'm afraid that was just a blessed Tobin (he got incredible level ups).
Kliff: Mage.
Faye: I think I'll go for Pegasus Knight just because Clair was the only one on Alm's route. However, it seems Faye would also be an amazing Cleric... veeery difficult decision.
Atlas: I went for Archer in Gaiden, and I think I will for Echoes too. I don't think any other class would fit him well, apart from Attack, his other stats are not that good.

17 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Big surprise no one's choosing soldier.

Does anyone really need to? Alm's side gets quite a few and as for Celica, I think most people would prefer something more mobile than another soldier. (although Atlas's growths might benefit more from that IMO).

39 minutes ago, nhaer042 said:

Does anyone really need to? Alm's side gets quite a few and as for Celica, I think most people would prefer something more mobile than another soldier. (although Atlas's growths might benefit more from that IMO).

They don't.

Alm's side is the only one to get the warp skill just like in the original, while Armor Knights have commonly available anti armor skills in the enemy forces to look out for now.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Gonna go with the "classic" promotions for the original 3 Alm villagers. So Archer for Tobin, mage for Kliff, and Merc for Grey.

Faye will probably go Pegasus Knight. And I have no idea what I'll do with Atlas. I'm thinking either mage or archer.

3 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I mean, Lukas, Forsyth, and Valbar basically run the gamut of armors that anyone actually needs in this game.

on the other hand, giving Alm a Merc and Celica a Cav seems obvious. The other villagers can just fill in the holes.

24 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

on the other hand, giving Alm a Merc and Celica a Cav seems obvious. The other villagers can just fill in the holes.

I never found Atlas that useful as a cavalier. Celica's maps aren't exactly conducive to horses what with all the movement restrictions.

Plus our mystery masked dude seems to be playable and a paladin, so that's no longer a deficiency on her route.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Using Atlas as a Merc/Dread Fighter has done wonders, esp with the speed boost and his natural str making him a hard hitter even more so than Saber and Deen...it also made Celica's team become a harem of mage killers ffff

As for the rest...

Faye: Cleric Then the bench

Grey: Mercenary 

Kliff:  Mage

Tobin: Archer

1 hour ago, RiverRed said:

I'm gonna change all of them to archer along with anybody else that can reclass ...

So everyone but Alm and Celica. Good luck with them horrible hit rates.

For me I'm going Merc!Grey, Archer!Tobin, Mage!Kliff and Cav!Faye (I would go Peg!Faye, but that would help reinforce her as a Cordelia clone. Also Cav!FAye has seemed to have been in promos more). Gonna wait for a while to see what I'll do with Atlas and see what promos put him as. Though I may go Merc.

Gray: Soldier

Kliff: Merc

Tobin: Dunno. Maybe Bench? Maybe Mage or Archer. Maybe Dirt. Good chance of killing him eventually for Gray's tragedy end. Might be better to to kill him in the last battle or at least wait a while though so it comes out of nowhere.

Faye: Peg or Cleric. Leaning towards peg.

Atlas: Mage or maybe Archer or Cavalier. Leaning toward mage for shiggles though.

Edited by ZoeTrent

Gray: Mercenary or Mage

Kliff: Mage (He's the only male who learns 6 spells, he's to good to pass up in this role for me)

Tobin: Archer or Mage

Faye: Cleric, since they look godly in this game.

Atlas: Mage, his updated growth rates look pretty passable. Also, High HP and High Strength makes him a pretty good Rescue-bot. 

On Sun Apr 09 2017 at 6:11 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

It's almost like four of them (including one who cannot become one period) join at the same time as honorary villager Lukas, and the fifth is plagued by critical issues that Soldier does not resolve.

12 minutes ago, Iridium said:

It's almost like four of them (including one who cannot become one period) join at the same time as honorary villager Lukas, and the fifth is plagued by critical issues that Soldier does not resolve.

As mentioned earlier, Soldiers weren't improved and were arguably worsened in Shadows of Valentia. They only get a halve bow damage skill, while still having to deal with significantly worse movement, no warp users on Celica's route, and now anti armor skills.

They didn't even get Pavise which is something all classes can acquire instead.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

On 4/9/2017 at 11:22 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

I wonder if the class growths effect the player characters or just the generics?

Class Growths are for player characters, too, I think. Mostly since anybody but Alm and Celica can become Villagers.

8 hours ago, Iridium said:

I don't think @Emperor Hardin was trying to be sarcastic or take a tone of disappointment. It is genuinely no surprise that nobody is picking Soldier because Soldier is the worst option for all of the Villagers.

I'm going to be unoriginal with the original villagers, but I'm very torn on Faye. I can see the merit of both another Pegasus Knight and another Cleric. Maybe I'll just go for the Cleric option to ease off on the lance demand in Alm's army and to make Faye live in celibacy, not that it matters, mwhaha.

Edited by Thane

Gray : Mercenary

Kliff : Mage

Tobin : Archer

Atlas : Mercenary

They are the same classes I used for them in Gaiden and it seems that they are still the best classes for them.
At first I planned to promote Atlas into a Cavalier since Celica's route didn't have one but now thanks to Conrad, I will once again promote him into a Mercenary.
I also think that the mercenary class fits him well design wise.

For Faye I am hesitating between Pegasus Knight and Cleric.

Pegasus Knight has much better movement, Falko Knight is strong against the monsters and Clair is the only canon one in Alm's route.
The main problem is that we mainly meet monsters in the dungeons in Alm's route so I am not sure if that's quite useful to promote her into one. Also it seems that now we need to use their weapon skills to defeat more easily the monsters.

Until Tatiana and without counting the mages' promotions Silk is our only cleric and healer in the Alm's route so Cleric Faye would be useful.
Since healing now gives exp unlike Gaiden, it would probably help Silk and Faye to level up and promote quite faster.

Silk can't have the Physic spell so Faye would be quite useful in the early game.
Since Atlas would be a mercenary, Faye is the only rescue spell user and also the only Again spell user. Even if these spells might spend a lot of HPs, at this point of the game, it shouldn't be a problem thanks to the other Saints, Sages and Delthea being able to heal.

Not sure if I would abuse Again as much as the Dance action in the other games though.    

Edited by Thunderstar