Hey everyone, Yinvarn here

Yinvarn

Hello everybody

I just signed in here : but I was lurking for quite some time. I decided to make an account because I wanted to talk with other Fire Emblem players, and this community seemed to be nice.

I don't know how to begin this... Well. Let's split this in some parts.

Myself

I'm in my twenties, french (my english MAY be bad... sorry) and I'm into physics studies. People think that I get angry very fast and it's hard to disagree with them; however, I try to be a better person and to always listen my reason rather than my feelings. I'm kind of serious person, and love to talk about a lot of grave subjects. When my mood allow it, I can also starts very bizarre and idiotic talks.

To sum up, I'm a weirdo. And introverted, but we're on Internet, so...

My gaming experience

I started with N64 and SNES emulators on pc when I was very young, because my parents could hardly afford gaming engines at this time. Then, my first real console was the Gamecube; I didn't have a GB like most of children. I also had a Wii a bit later, and I finally came on PC. I think I will buy the Switch for the new Zelda

Some of my favorites games :

• The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask
  • Starfox : Lylat Wars
  • Metroid Primes
  • Skies of Arcadia Legends
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Minecraft
  • Hotline Miami 1&2

My Fire Emblem Experience

Since I didn't had a GBA, I started with Path of Radiance. If I remember right, my sister bought me a bundle of cheap second-hand games without even judging them, so it was a completely random encounter. I loved the game.

I didn't had Internet at this time : I wasn't up to date with the news, so I kinda skipped Radiant Dawn release. A few years later, a friend of mine informed me about this sequel, and hold it to me. After that RD's price skyrocketed, I had no choice but to finish it on emulator, but still : I love it too.

At this time, Awakening was already released, and if I was interested at the beginning, the character design, the fan-service, the overall less dramatical feeling and the plot convinced me to not play it. I decided to play older games instead : I began Blazing Sword. 

A lot of time passed by, and... I didn't finished it. I dropped it for some reason and then lost the save. Fates was released too but I didn't played it either, knowing that it has the same problems (I knew where the saga would go with Awakening's popularity anyway...). Then, Fire Emblem Heroes came out : I started to play it, and it give me motivation to continue Blazing Sword, and some of other games.

Summary :

• Path of Radiance Finished
  • Radiant Dawn Finished
  • Blazing Sword In progress
  • Fire Emblem Heroes Saving orbs for PoR & RD Characters

I plan to play these next :

• Binding Blade
  • Sacred Stones
  • Shadow Dragon
  • Shadows of Valentia

Also, my favorite characters are Nephenee, Jill, Haar, Ike, Nailah, Eliwood (too bad he didn't had a good art in FEH), Hector and Matthew

Anyway

I hope my introduction wasn't too long nor boring for you. I surely forgot a lot of things like favorite games or characters but, oh well.

I hope we will get along, thanks for reading my post.

Edited by Yinvarn

Bienvenue dans la Forêt de Serenes, Yinvarn!

Ne te fais pas de soucis pour ton anglais, il est très bon.

18 hours ago, Yinvarn said:

To sum up, I'm a weirdo. And introverted, but we're on Internet, so...

Ca, ça c'est gold.

Je te souhaite de passer une bonne soirée et de profiter de ton séjour!

I'd refrain from posting too much in French, it could get you in trouble. :P It's just lucky for you guys I understand most of what you're saying since I took French in high school!

That was gold indeed, haha. And your English isn't bad, no. It's much better than I see some people post here, that's for sure.

4 hours ago, Ycine said:

Je te souhaite de passer une bonne soirée et de profiter de ton séjour!

This is the only sentence I couldn't figure out. :P My French is rusty since high school was years ago and I never did become fluent anyway.

Great to see another Tellius and Ike fan, btw!

I don't blame you for dropping FE7, it's pretty bad compared to other FE games, imo. I dropped it myself because I completely lost interest.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, I was just happy to see an other french person ! Also, nobody was replying to my post... :'(

"Je te souhaite de passer une bonne soirée et de profiter de ton séjour !" means "I wish you to have a good evening and to enjoy your stay"

Well I'm at chapter 22 in FE7 right now and it's quite addictive

Really? Usually people reply to these posts all the time, since the folks in SF are generally nice.

And I see, thanks! I do wish I'd learned more French than I had though, it's my favorite non-English language. It just sounds so terrific!