Raccoon844

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Again, it's bad.

But people can find appeal in those gimmicks. You need to just accept that.

Thats not even a gimmick; its just bad map design.

Or rather, what you put out when you don't have time to design a map.

...then the next chapter was just the same map with some debris on it...

...then...

map-of-the-endgame.png

I'm not saying every map has to be an Elincia's Gauntlet puzzle box of endangered green units and strategic choke points...but come on...

I paid money for this game. Build a map.

Edited by Shoblongoo

In context, having the same map because of story events is an excuse. Not a good one, but it is a justification.

As for the final map, if you compare it to others, such as Binding Blade, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Sacred Stones, and Blazing Sword... you'll find that all of them have relatively open "floor" maps.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here in regards to what you're roasting Rev for in map design that older games do as well.

Also, while I understand that you do not value, Rev... the OP clearly hasn't played the game. It would be courteous to spoiler those images.

Edited by shadowofchaos

10 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

In context, having the same map because of story events is an excuse. Not a good one, but it is a justification.

As for the final map, if you compare it to others, such as Binding Blade, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Sacred Stones, and Blazing Sword... you'll find that all of them have relatively open "floor" maps.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here in regards to what you're roasting Rev for in map design that older games do as well.

Also, while I understand that you do not value, Rev... the OP clearly hasn't played the game. It would be courteous to spoiler those images.

Yeah, being spoilered on the final boss itself would be a bit of a pain even if it is on the 3rd route's final boss (from what i know, every route has a "different" final boss).

I'm going in expecting the plot to be not the best, concidering this is a game that had three stories shoved into one game. I'm going to buy Conquest once i get enough cash and if i like it or if i just have cash to use, i might buy revelations.

Edited by Raccoon844

Revelations, for what its worth, does have the potential to be extremely satisfying simply due to how many weapon drops there are and the fact that you level up really fast in the early game (similar to New Mystery of the Emblem in a sense). Maps can become extremely boring due to movement restrictions, but there are some interesting objectives / plot devices in these maps that can make them somewhat fun on occasions (I liked Chapter 12 alot because of this). Biggest benefit to the game is the support conversations between the differing nations, which gives a lot of insight on a few characters.

The end game sucks really badly though, mainly due to the amount of gimmicks each map having rising through the roof and while these gimmicks can become interesting, all they usually serve to do is restrict your player characters movements and promote camping, which aren't good traits for map design.

7 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Revelations, for what its worth, does have the potential to be extremely satisfying simply due to how many weapon drops there are and the fact that you level up really fast in the early game (similar to New Mystery of the Emblem in a sense). Maps can become extremely boring due to movement restrictions, but there are some interesting objectives / plot devices in these maps that can make them somewhat fun on occasions (I liked Chapter 12 alot because of this). Biggest benefit to the game is the support conversations between the differing nations, which gives a lot of insight on a few characters.

The end game sucks really badly though, mainly due to the amount of gimmicks each map having rising through the roof and while these gimmicks can become interesting, all they usually serve to do is restrict your player characters movements and promote camping, which aren't good traits for map design.

I particularly hated the horizontal elevator level.

But while it was masochistic, I found fun in the stupid stealth level.

On 4/10/2017 at 0:57 AM, Raccoon844 said:

I'm going to be working my first ever job soon and the first paycheck i get will be getting a fire emblem game. But here's the problem: Concidering Fates has some problems around the plot department and Echoes is around the corner i'm wondering if i should actually bother buying Fates or not. To be specfic: I'm not too sure if i want to buy Conquest/Revelations or if i should just skip it. What do you guys think?

Of course I'm just voicing my opinion here, it's up to you how you want to spend your money.

I brought Birthright and Revelations, and while the stories for both of them wasn't the greatest and perhaps a little clumsy, I think Revelations is worth it because it gives all the characters (some of them are actually interesting are likable) it also is like a classic FE story, where the real threat is actually a mystical force and not just a simple battle between two kingdoms, I will not reveal who or what that force is, but I think its personally worth it. I don't know about Echoes, but I heard some people say some really good things about it, but then again they could be saying that just for the hell of it or just because they have a uncommon connection with it, or whatever bias they may have. I personally would buy Fates Birthright (for easy-medium difficulty) or Conquest (for medium-hard/challenging difficulty) just because you need the actual game to play and its nice to lend your hand over to your favorite side, and I would buy Revelations(it's medium difficulty) DLC, so I can play with all the characters in the game and fight this supposed hidden threat in the world of Fates.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, Raccoon844 said:

I'm going to be working my first ever job soon and the first paycheck i get will be getting a fire emblem game. But here's the problem: Concidering Fates has some problems around the plot department and Echoes is around the corner i'm wondering if i should actually bother buying Fates or not. To be specfic: I'm not too sure if i want to buy Conquest/Revelations or if i should just skip it. What do you guys think?

From the perspective of someone whose only experience of Fire Emblem has been Awakenings and Fates...

I'd say pick-up Fates. Which Fates you go for might depend on what kind of experience you're looking for; Conquest has amazing gameplay, while Revelations -from what I've heard- offers a more *conclusively* storyline... though whether that plot is any good or not is another matter.

I'll just add; I have had more fun playing Fire Emblem Conquest than I have had playing any games in years. It's challenging as all hell (the fact I suck at strategy probably helps in that regard though)... but damn. When you clear a map, it is so dang satisfying. Plus... considering you can't grind, if you're the type of person who really wants to see all the character supports, get all the kids, retry it for other options... well, there's probably going to be plenty of replayability for you.

So... biased opinion, pick-up Conquest. Haven't played Revelations, so now opinions on that, but I LOVE Conquests game.

Fire emblem Fates Conquest has great gameplay even compared to the rest of the series. I played Revelations, and I thought the gameplay was a good amount worse. Both stories were pretty bad, but it's a fun game to play and buy. It's probably worth to pick it up over Shadows of Valentia.